Scratchy Seal/Bully Breaks Vinyl Problems (timecode)

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Scratchy Seal/Bully Breaks Vinyl Problems (timecode)Reply
Scratchy Seal/Bully Breaks Vinyl Problems (timecode)
Posted on: 17.02.2013 by Evie Baghdasarian
I just got my limited edition scratchy seal and bully breaks vinyl in the mail. I only bought these because I needed new control vinyl and thought they looked pretty sweet. What I am noticing is each record behaves quite differently. The blue record behaves like my old black and white MK1 records did, but the yellow record seems much more sensitive and will move the track much more with the same amount of pressure. The track will slow down way to much, or move way to far ahead respectively. I swapped decks to make sure it wasnt the table, but i get the same sensitivity no matter which deck I use. I bought these to mix, not to scratch, so making minor adjustments with the yellow record seems quite difficult. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Dude I need to get this! I so want to bake my records!
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
lol!!!
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
glow in the dark special edition
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Shad Rametta
but good news, GnD is on the way
What is GND?
Shad Rametta
You jest, but it does work....and it works well!
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Dude I need to get this! I so want to bake my records!
Danae Dumler
Great video, but when do you add the chocolate chips?
Federico Vilas
interesting...
Shad Rametta
Damn, another warped record here...
Faustino Wang
Damn, another warped record here... My set showed up and the yellow record only touches at the edges of the vinyl when timecode is facing up. Hopefully they'll get back to me and can replace this one.
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
lol!!!
Shad Rametta
My assumption would be no more than $10............the GnD are $50. If you purchased the first run (blue & yellow) they will be $40 plus shipping.
Well there you go!
Reda Holdsworth
the GnD are $50. If you purchased the first run (blue & yellow) they will be $40 plus shipping.
Shad Rametta
My assumption would be no more than $10 to $20 dollars.
Shad Rametta
Ahhhh, okay, now I see the GNDs.......oh yeah, as soon as those go on sale, I'm getting at least 4 sets!!!!
Ninfa Mazariegos
How much is the discount for those that bought the blue and yellow version?
Shad Rametta
Oooh, for Traktor? I have them for ScratchLIVE (performance series), but didn't know
there were some for Traktor as well......please, do tell where those can be acquired!!!

**edit**

Just so we're clear, you aren't referring to the Blue, Orange, Green joints
that were released a few years ago, are you? I bought some of the Blue's, and those
were fresh for sure! I saw a kat trying to sell some Orange's on FleaBay a couple weeks
ago for like $300 a pair.......craziness!!
Kasandra Kreindler
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Federico Vilas
Shad Rametta
but good news, GnD is on the way
What is GND?
Evie Baghdasarian
So the guys at Thud Rumble are amazing people to deal with. Very quick communication, and after sending them a short video of my issue they sent me out a new package right away. I will definitely be dealing with Thud Rumble again. If only NI's CS was this quick and easy to deal with.
Alla Bluemke
Also got mine as well and they perform well.
Federico Vilas
thud rumble just posted that its SOLD OUT... good luck...but good news, GnD is on the way
Nelida Ghouse
Originally Posted by jayo
As in hit calibrate under the scope on each deck? Yea I tried that and it didnt change anything for me, The scope looks good on both records, but they behave dramatically different. I have send an email to the guys at TR, we'll see what they have to say on the matter.
Did you try what I suggested? You mean the physical speed of the vinyl slows down too much and moves too fast right? If so, it's nothing to do with the DVS or calibration or anything, it's just warped vinyl.
Nevada Edgette
No problems here. Ordered two sets and they both work fine
Shad Rametta
fortunately, all three sets of mine came in without any warping, and perform flawlessly.
Evie Baghdasarian
yup, definitely sounds like a warped record. I used these control records the same day I received them for a gig and they have been working flawlessly for me. You may want to check your carts...make sure they are clean and that you have the counter weight setup correct for your cart....

I know this is a stupid question BUT have you calibrated traktor with you new records?
As in hit calibrate under the scope on each deck? Yea I tried that and it didnt change anything for me, The scope looks good on both records, but they behave dramatically different. I have send an email to the guys at TR, we'll see what they have to say on the matter.
Federico Vilas
yup, definitely sounds like a warped record. I used these control records the same day I received them for a gig and they have been working flawlessly for me. You may want to check your carts...make sure they are clean and that you have the counter weight setup correct for your cart....

I know this is a stupid question BUT have you calibrated traktor with you new records?
Nelida Ghouse
Originally Posted by jayo
I just got my limited edition scratchy seal and bully breaks vinyl in the mail. I only bought these because I needed new control vinyl and thought they looked pretty sweet. What I am noticing is each record behaves quite differently. The blue record behaves like my old black and white MK1 records did, but the yellow record seems much more sensitive and will move the track much more with the same amount of pressure. The track will slow down way to much, or move way to far ahead respectively. I swapped decks to make sure it wasnt the table, but i get the same sensitivity no matter which deck I use. I bought these to mix, not to scratch, so making minor adjustments with the yellow record seems quite difficult. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
It sounds like you just got a warped record, specifically a bowl warp. Flip it over and see if it performs much differently to touch/backspin, if so, then it's warped.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy