way too much gear, idk what i want to keep and/or sale

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: way too much gear, idk what i want to keep and/or saleReply
way too much gear, idk what i want to keep and/or sale
Posted on: 21.02.2013 by Federico Vilas
I pick up good deals on audio gear all the time...now I have:

1200s
vestax 07pro
vestax 05 pro
audio 6
s4
TSPx2
ttm57sl

keeping the 1200s for sure but torn between all the mixers...what do you suggest?
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by johney
i'll save you the hassle and take any of those mixers off your hands m8
shipping would be ridiculous if you are in Slovakia... if you are willing pay for shipping then send me an offer through PM
Federico Vilas
I pick up good deals on audio gear all the time...now I have:

1200s
vestax 07pro
vestax 05 pro
audio 6
s4
TSPx2
ttm57sl

keeping the 1200s for sure but torn between all the mixers...what do you suggest?
Federico Vilas
I'm selling the 05pro II soon w/Innofader and red billet knobs (innofader on way)

letting my brother use my 07pro in the studio back home in ATL

s4, tsp, and audio 6 are on eBay now

getting my special edition vestax 002xl-WHITE back from my brother, installing innofader, debating selling this b/c the white/orange special edition is hard to find these days
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by johney
shipping would be ridiculous if you are in Slovakia... if you are willing pay for shipping then send me an offer through PM
Augustine Mitzen
Federico Vilas
keeping the sl57 and buying dicers again...latency is better on my dell...i've grown a little tired of having to upgrade software every couple of years too with traktor...

I installed a innofader b/c one fader was bad in the 57 hat I bought... there is a big difference in the scratch quality of the serato software and traktor too...traktor sounds more digital...idk if it's b/c of the inno or not but serato sounds real nice and less digital when i scratch even with the key lock on

the buttons on sl57 will be ok once i learn to navigate with the program...will use mainly for library controls, censoring, and occasional fx
Danae Dumler
Oh yeah those buttons on the 57 are horrific, i don't know what they were believeing. If you're mostly a serato guy I'd say keep the 57 and add a dicer and leave those buttons alone. Why'd you install the innofader on the 57? I like the magnetic fader better myself, no click though it requires frequent cleaning. I have the 56 myself but it stays in a box till I need it for a gig since I have the db4 in my home installation. I'm not sure why traktor never copied the serato censor button, it's a great little feature.

And 275 for an s4 is a steal - nice one!
Halley Wurzer
Buy my DJM-909 haha.
Federico Vilas
I do scratch, not an expert scratch dj yet but well on my way... I have always loved vestax mixers but always hated the click too plus the LAG space...I always install cls-1 for sharper cuts and NO CLICK... i'm about to install an innofader pnp though so the click will be back

I had a maschine and never used it BUT I've been on the s4 this past week testing it out... The only two reasons I would keep this is BC it's portable for less $ gigs and I have been remixing the hell out of tracks...I don't use remix decks but 4 deck mixing makes remixing on the fly MUCH MUCH easier....8 cue points... what I don't like..its not analog at all so if it goes my only backup is my iphone...good news...I bought it for $275

the rane I was a little dissapointed with. I got a pretty good deal on this too $570...missing one button and one ground screw (replaced)... cleaned buttons with deox-it and response is back to normal BUT I don't like the feel of the buttons...if I keep it I will have to get some dicers again for cue points and loops... I installed an innofader pro and it's amazing... the one thing I like about this is all the inputs/outputs and the joysticks...I DJ a lot of Christian based private parties b/c I'm in TN in the heart of Church of God town cleveland, tn... they want to party but like the music super CLEAN...which is not always easy BUT if for some reason the clean version isn't clean enough instead of cutting the sound out with the fader like I normally do I can now just use the censor feature in serato and it stays in time... as far as FX, they are useless without a x1 or external unit unit...I absolutely HATE the fx options for the sl57

the db2/4 isn't really what I need...I am old school, been on 1200s for a long time, most my cueing and remixes are done LIVE...loops are done by spinning the record back to correct position...i'm not going to drop $1700 on a mixer either that doesn't have a good scratch fader...abosulte MUST

well, I got a lot to believe about...going to be testing out what works best for my mixing style then sell the rest..i'll prob end up keeping my 07 pro and integrate the audio 6 inside again, then keep the ttm so I have a mixer for both programs...both will have innofaders...and i'll pick up a pair of dicers and mod them inside my 1200s... I like the s4 but its HUGE, plus I really don't use that many FX on live gigs yet...decisions, decisions...
Danae Dumler
If you like scratching, the TTM57 is a great mixer; if you do go the DB2 route you're gonna want to install an innofader. But if scratching isn't your thing I'd take the advice above -- DB2 or DB4 is a lot of fun. Unless you want to use Serato in which case the TTM is still a great choice. The problem with using it for traktor is all the wasted buttons and goodies; none of that shit can be used as MIDI control and the built in effects are useless (they are controlled by Serato). But if you go the Serato route, the TTM and the 2 turntables is pretty much the best game in town (yes I know about the 61 and 62 but still prefer the 57 for the build quality). If I'm playing live I still prefer it to Traktor even though I pretty much do everything on Traktor at home (when I'm not playing vinyl that is). But that also might be because I almost never play live anymore, heh....

As for Vestax, those are great straightforward analog scratch mixers; if you want to stick to vinyl only one of those is a good bet. Frankly I still prefer the Rane though - better build quality and I like the faders better; Vestax has that clicky sound that old school scratch DJs love but it drives me nuts. Again though if you don't scratch, all that fader smoothness is wasted.
Ervin Calvery
I would keep the 1200s as you said, the Audio 6, and sell all those mixers and grab a DB2 or similar.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy