Traktor Duplicate Deck without Volume increase??

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Traktor Duplicate Deck without Volume increase??Reply
Traktor Duplicate Deck without Volume increase??
Posted on: 12.03.2013 by Emma Cvetkovski
I'm looking to use traktor along with a mixer and a cdj 850 in Midi mode but am not sure how I could go about duplicating the deck in Traktor so that I can select the next song to mix in without a sudden jump in db. I could crossfade to the CDJ side then gradually come over but there would definitely be some adjusting of db as I come over. Anyone know which curve to use and what technique is best for this approach?
Emma Cvetkovski
I'm looking to use traktor along with a mixer and a cdj 850 in Midi mode but am not sure how I could go about duplicating the deck in Traktor so that I can select the next song to mix in without a sudden jump in db. I could crossfade to the CDJ side then gradually come over but there would definitely be some adjusting of db as I come over. Anyone know which curve to use and what technique is best for this approach?
Alphonso Deitchman
If you have a mixer with crossfader curve settings, setting the curve to a constant linear shape will mean the total volume remains at the same level at all points along the fader.

2nd one from here:
Danae Dumler
Yeah you're playing the same sound on both channels during the dupe; there's no reason to do this gradually.
Emma Cvetkovski
That is exactly what I mean, thank you. I can't believe I didn't believe of that. I use slams all the time for transitions, didn't even believe about it for deck duplication so that I can free up the cdj. Again thanks
Cassie Sangermano
t35t3r, I've just re-read your post and I believe I understand what you want to do now.

Best bet is to use the cross fader, keep it on the side that is originally playing, duplicate the deck, and then slam the crossfader to the other side. As long as both channel faders are at the same level, it should be barely noticeable, if at all.
Federico Vilas
volume is something that you always have to manipulate PERIOD...you can analize/build overviews on all your tracks and even choose auto gain BUT I have yet to find a program that is 100% accurate when volume is involved...that's what the level meters are for so you can visibly see the amount of sound coming out of each channel
Cassie Sangermano
I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you're trying to do.

Are you going to be using 1 cdj 850 to control 2 decks in traktor? What are you going to be using as your soundcard? Internal or external mixing mode?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy