Kontrol Z2

Kontrol Z2
Posted on: 28.01.2013 by Magaly Colonna
nevermind, I must have just gotten a poor first two units as my 3rd has hung in there for 4 months now
Fannie Ohayre
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Well, I'm not sure if they resolved the issue or not, but the crossfader would bleed,
and had a weak cut-in. The upfaders were too stiff...akin to the faders on the F1.

I would imagine they had to have fixed these issues by now.
I don't regret the decision to get the X1600...it's a solid mixer.
I don't scratch so if the channel faders are a bit stiff that's not a problem. And I never use the cross fader so it looks like I'll be ordering a Z2 soon.

The X-1600 is a good mixer. I used to own one.
Shad Rametta
Originally Posted by dj subculture
So what exactly is wrong with the faders on the Z2?
Well, I'm not sure if they resolved the issue or not, but the crossfader would bleed,
and had a weak cut-in. The upfaders were too stiff...akin to the faders on the F1.

Fannie Ohayre

If I were to buy the Z2, I would immediately purchase (3) Innofader PNPs,
because all (3) of those stock faders are faulty to one degree or another.
Shan Bauerly
Am I just crazy, or does this seem feasible?
You could be a bit of a grassy-knollist. -- They're just out of stock. I got a new upgrade kit about a month ago, ordered it about 2 weeks prior. They are having a hard time keeping up with demand for the MK2 sets. Maybe smoke some different meds for a while?
Shad Rametta
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
*** NOT IN STOCK *** I knew I wasn't crazy
I stand corrected, LiquitATL!!!

Not only is it "Out of Stock" on the NI Ordering Page, but I did a search for it on the
Web, and apparently it isn't available anywhere!!!

This is very suspicious! Putting on my conspiratorial cap on for a minute, this makes
me harken back to what Gizmo (Skratch/DJ Worx) said about NI wanting to "RULE THEM ALL"...
to be the Apple of the DJ World. What if NI are no longer offering the "Scratch Upgrade Kit"
because they want to eliminate the competition for their new line of Hardware Mixers,
the first of which being the Z2? I mean, if you just bought a shiny new piece of Pioneer or
Denon gear, and were wanting to get the Scratch License, you're pretty much shit outta' luck.
Well, that is unless you purchase an Audio6 or Audio10 Kit, then you could use that license
w' the third party "Traktor Scratch Certified" mixer.

My assumption is that we are witnessing the end of third party "Traktor Scratch Certification".
This gives me pause about purchasing a Denon X1600 now. Perhaps I should just buy the Z2,
and accept that it's going to be a throw-away mixer, that will likely only last me a few or more
years, until' NI release their next Z4 or whatever else they've got cooking up, update.

Well played NI! Now you're just like Rane/Serato partnership, in that you're locking down your
customers to using specific hardware if they want the traditional Vinyl/CDJ mixing experience.

Fannie Ohayre

I don't scratch so if the channel faders are a bit stiff that's not a problem. And I never use the cross fader so it looks like I'll be ordering a Z2 soon.

The X-1600 is a good mixer. I used to own one.
Shad Rametta
Originally Posted by dj subculture

Fannie Ohayre

Shad Rametta
Hey, I skipped the Z2, and ended up getting an X1600 as well, so I would say your decision was a wise one.
So far I love it.....hell, because the X1600 is stacked w' MIDI, I decided instead of getting an X1, I just bought
an LPD8 for transport controls.....I already have a pair of Dicers from when I owned ScratchLIVE, so Loops/Cues
are covered with those.

The X1600 sounds amazing. I have heard my friend's Z2, and it's simply not there....it sounds tinny by comparison.
Jennell Danio
I have been contemplating selling my 1600 and picking up a Z2, but after looking at it I really don't believe I can, it is truly one of the best mixers out there for the price. Flawless Traktor controller as well as having a great sound card. Wouldn't give it up just may have to pick up a little two channel mixer for some turntablism ventures
Shad Rametta
Cool, well that's good to know......and yes, I do love to contemplate a good conspiracy
Shan Bauerly
You could be a bit of a grassy-knollist. -- They're just out of stock. I got a new upgrade kit about a month ago, ordered it about 2 weeks prior. They are having a hard time keeping up with demand for the MK2 sets. Maybe smoke some different meds for a while?
Celestine Porebski
Tested it again, would still work for me to order the upgrade kit. Mysterious, though.
Shad Rametta
I stand corrected, LiquitATL!!!

Not only is it "Out of Stock" on the NI Ordering Page, but I did a search for it on the
Web, and apparently it isn't available anywhere!!!

This is very suspicious! Putting on my conspiratorial cap on for a minute, this makes
me harken back to what Gizmo (Skratch/DJ Worx) said about NI wanting to "RULE THEM ALL"...
to be the Apple of the DJ World. What if NI are no longer offering the "Scratch Upgrade Kit"
because they want to eliminate the competition for their new line of Hardware Mixers,
the first of which being the Z2? I mean, if you just bought a shiny new piece of Pioneer or
Denon gear, and were wanting to get the Scratch License, you're pretty much shit outta' luck.
Well, that is unless you purchase an Audio6 or Audio10 Kit, then you could use that license
w' the third party "Traktor Scratch Certified" mixer.

My assumption is that we are witnessing the end of third party "Traktor Scratch Certification".
This gives me pause about purchasing a Denon X1600 now. Perhaps I should just buy the Z2,
and accept that it's going to be a throw-away mixer, that will likely only last me a few or more
years, until' NI release their next Z4 or whatever else they've got cooking up, update.

Well played NI! Now you're just like Rane/Serato partnership, in that you're locking down your
customers to using specific hardware if they want the traditional Vinyl/CDJ mixing experience.

Shan Bauerly
My 1600 is a tank, just turned 2 years old. Faders are immaculate. Midi mapping is infinite. Sound quality is epic. Of all the DJ stuff I've owned, this, by far is the greatest value proposition I have encountered. I'll never give it up.
Shad Rametta
can't decide between a Z2, x1600
This is where I am right now.

It's driving me bonkers trying to make a decision.

This would bring the price up to $1,175.00. Whereas, if I bought the X1600
(for $1,000) the crossfader is already pretty good, and the linefaders, though
they aren't necessarily scratch-worthy, are at least long-throw, which makes
them smooth for House Music transitions.

Plus I would have to add an additional $120 for the TSP2 License,
which brings the X1600 up to $1,120.00

So effectively they cost the same. What I need to know is, Are there
any long-standing issues with using the X1600's internal Soundcard for
Traktor Scratch?

Or......... Does the Z2 have comparable sound quality to the X1600?
Are the Z2's VU Meters as accurate as the 1600's? Does not having
proper Sends/Return on the Z2 inhibit future expandability? Does
the Z2's Build Quality stack up to the X1600's?
Halley Wurzer
I have my 909 up for sale and can't decide between a Z2, x1600, or 850. Uhhggg. I am a house DJ with a turntablism alter ego. 90% of the time I play out, it's on a 800 or 900 nexus.

Edit: If I decide to go Pioneer, I'll probably just hold out and get a 900 nexus. hmm. hmmm. hmmmm.
Adrian Zadrozny
DJM-850/900. Both have built in traktor scratch certified soundcards. By the way, the same soundcard is in BOTH mixers! You just have to decide if you need 2 added color effects, added beat effects, digital x-pad, quantized effects (through rekordbox only), and/or digital outs vs the standard RCA method.

I got a DJM-850 for $900 after the included Pioneer rebate BNIB from Guitar Center back in October of this year. It has been a pleasure mixing on it since.

EDIT - Also, interesting take on the Z2. I was believeing about picking this mixer up back in October but wound up going with Pioneer because I didn't like the fact the Z2 had no built in effects and was physically only 2 channels without software.
Federico Vilas
Federico Vilas
somehow it mysteriously worked this morning when I tried. I have been trying to get this from the site for a good minute now. Every time I hit buy now it brought me to main products page before.
Shad Rametta
Link just goes to main products page. I'm not confused.
That's just bizarre!!

Even that link that I provided doesn't send you to the ordering page?
Johnetta Olewine
It doesn't for me. Its the tsp2 timecode kit order page here. $119.

Although there is some fine print that say "Available in Africa, Oceania from end of January 2013"
Federico Vilas
Shad Rametta
Well, maybe you're seeing something else when using the link I provided (due to your US IP-address or something)
Nope, I'm in the US, and it links to the Timecode Upgrade that it always has.
LiquitATL must be confused about something.

Here, I'll take the link one step further to the ordering page.......

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...1303&page=2850
Celestine Porebski
Well, maybe you're seeing something else when using the link I provided (due to your US IP-address or something), but this is what I'm getting (I put a red box around the interesting part, as the URL itself and the banner at the top confusingly mention the A10). The asterisk corresponds to this (further down, wouldn't fit on the screenshot): "*Audio interface not included. This product is not available in the Netherlands."

As they list a price in USD I guess it should be available in the US

NI screenshot.JPG
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by 3heads
Sure they do (except in the Netherlands).

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...a10/?page=4781
Buying traktor scratch audio 10 is not an upgrade kit. Link has been forwarded to audio 10 TSP for a good minute now
Celestine Porebski
They don't sell the certified or upgrade kits anymore.
Sure they do (except in the Netherlands).

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...a10/?page=4781
Federico Vilas
They don't sell the certified or upgrade kits anymore. I have a vestax 07 pro for sale with TSP2A6 if you are interested. I have two and they both have not failed me at all. Audio 6 interface built in
Shad Rametta
http://www.native-instruments.com/in...hcertified&L=1

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy