CDJ E-809 Error ?

CDJ E-809 Error ?
Posted on: 22.03.2013 by Terrence Cunningham
Bear with me, this is a thorough description of my problem and it would be really awesome if anyone has any experience or ideas in regards to this problem.

One of my 800MK2s is displaying the error E-8709.

Let me describe the symptoms that led up to this error... The unit was randomly powering off and back by itself and would power cycle until I manually powered it off and back on myself; then it would work fine. This wasn't happening too often.

Then just the other day it was in mid-song and it frooze, no more playback, no buttons doing anything. So I turned it off and when it powered back on, it said "power on" for an unusually long time, then it gave the error E-8709.

From here, I powered it on and off and the error remained. I powered it on and off a few more times, and all was good. I was not able to play it for a very long time after this because I had to leave, so I'm not sure if it would freeze again. When I got back home, I powered it on and the error was there. I restarted it a few times and the error went away again.

It is obviously not very reliable for a gig or recording.

I'm posting here because I'm not trying to spend much money on a repair, so if this error typically leads to an expensive fix, I just want to know now before I take it to a technician.

I've searched the web, and there never seems to be the same solution to the problem. This seems to be the general consensus on the error's meaning:

E-8709 Communication error between operatin section and main section The error indication is cleared when the communication is finished.

Error code 8709 is a communication fault between the control interface (the PCB with all the switches on) and the main PCB (the motherboard in the base of the unit)

It sounds like this is a communication error between the top part of the unit and the base part, but this could mean a lot of things I believe... like the ribbon cable connecting the two or the actual boards themselves.

So can someone maybe advise any troubleshooting steps or information/ideas?

Thanks.
Terrence Cunningham
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
i believe you need the cam replaced...its cheap and not too difficult for DIY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-MA...item3cccb3c47c
What makes you believe that; have you seen this error code before?

So far everything I've read online has pointed to the main PCB board as the problem. This cam looks like part of the CD drive which doesn't seem to be the issue since different disks play fine. It very well could be though.
I mentioned above that I was having strange powering on and off issues prior to E-8709 error code too, so I'm believeing it's more of mainboard issue because of that too.

Thanks!
Terrence Cunningham
Thanks for the reply. I already stumbled across that when researching, and was hoping someone might have an alternative solution since I don't want to pay $180 to repair this older technology. At that point, I'd be pushing paying 400 for one 800mk2 unit. I suppose that's not terrible, but if wanted to spend this much on CDJs, I would have saved up for some 1000s.

You guys believe I should just pay the $180 to repair it?

PS: the Pioneer community s are so worthless... Take it to a technician is all they ever say.
Terrence Cunningham
Bear with me, this is a thorough description of my problem and it would be really awesome if anyone has any experience or ideas in regards to this problem.

One of my 800MK2s is displaying the error E-8709.

Let me describe the symptoms that led up to this error... The unit was randomly powering off and back by itself and would power cycle until I manually powered it off and back on myself; then it would work fine. This wasn't happening too often.

Then just the other day it was in mid-song and it frooze, no more playback, no buttons doing anything. So I turned it off and when it powered back on, it said "power on" for an unusually long time, then it gave the error E-8709.

From here, I powered it on and off and the error remained. I powered it on and off a few more times, and all was good. I was not able to play it for a very long time after this because I had to leave, so I'm not sure if it would freeze again. When I got back home, I powered it on and the error was there. I restarted it a few times and the error went away again.

It is obviously not very reliable for a gig or recording.

I'm posting here because I'm not trying to spend much money on a repair, so if this error typically leads to an expensive fix, I just want to know now before I take it to a technician.

I've searched the web, and there never seems to be the same solution to the problem. This seems to be the general consensus on the error's meaning:

E-8709 Communication error between operatin section and main section The error indication is cleared when the communication is finished.

Error code 8709 is a communication fault between the control interface (the PCB with all the switches on) and the main PCB (the motherboard in the base of the unit)

It sounds like this is a communication error between the top part of the unit and the base part, but this could mean a lot of things I believe... like the ribbon cable connecting the two or the actual boards themselves.

So can someone maybe advise any troubleshooting steps or information/ideas?

Thanks.
Terrence Cunningham
So I believe what I'm going to end up doing is paying $50 for a certified Pioneer technician to take a look at it. Regardless of the problem, they will analyze the unit for that price and then describe the problem and further steps. Seems like the best course of action at this point.

Thanks for all the tips.
Terrence Cunningham
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk

What makes you believe that; have you seen this error code before?

So far everything I've read online has pointed to the main PCB board as the problem. This cam looks like part of the CD drive which doesn't seem to be the issue since different disks play fine. It very well could be though.
I mentioned above that I was having strange powering on and off issues prior to E-8709 error code too, so I'm believeing it's more of mainboard issue because of that too.

Thanks!
Teresia Janusch

Terrence Cunningham
Thanks for the reply. I already stumbled across that when researching, and was hoping someone might have an alternative solution since I don't want to pay $180 to repair this older technology. At that point, I'd be pushing paying 400 for one 800mk2 unit. I suppose that's not terrible, but if wanted to spend this much on CDJs, I would have saved up for some 1000s.

You guys believe I should just pay the $180 to repair it?

PS: the Pioneer community s are so worthless... Take it to a technician is all they ever say.
Augustine Mitzen
http://www.fixya.com/support/t1768766-error_e_8709

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy