CD issues

CD issues
Posted on: 28.03.2013 by Latina Samon
Twice now while I've been playing a gig I've had a track get an error, both times has been just as I've brought the track in, and as I'm bringing the other out. So obviously not a good time to be happening. This time I didn't have autocue on so it skipped to the next track which started playing and again this is obviously not good.
I use Sony CD-Rs and burn at 1x speed. Should I use different CDs? I take pretty good care of them and the only time I could see them getting scratched is sliding them in and out of the case but it'd be a pretty poor design if it did scratch them. Not sure what the error code is because I haven't had time to take that much notice.

Also while I'm here, I burned two CDs today of the same tracks, on both it only shows one of the tracks when I put them in the cdjs (tried them on both my 800s and the 1000s I was on toevening ) but it shows all of them are burned to the CDs when I put them in my laptop. I tried doing a third CD and its the same. Any ideas? Never had this issue before.
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by makar1
Also you should burn no lower than the minimum speed supported by the media, rather than 1x. Imgburn will give you the required info when you put in a blank disc.
Cheers, downloading that now. My older CDs were burned at maximum and newest at 1x so I've probably been wrong at both ends there.

Been recommended Taiyo Yuden CDRs by someone else but they're steep!
Latina Samon
Twice now while I've been playing a gig I've had a track get an error, both times has been just as I've brought the track in, and as I'm bringing the other out. So obviously not a good time to be happening. This time I didn't have autocue on so it skipped to the next track which started playing and again this is obviously not good.
I use Sony CD-Rs and burn at 1x speed. Should I use different CDs? I take pretty good care of them and the only time I could see them getting scratched is sliding them in and out of the case but it'd be a pretty poor design if it did scratch them. Not sure what the error code is because I haven't had time to take that much notice.

Also while I'm here, I burned two CDs today of the same tracks, on both it only shows one of the tracks when I put them in the cdjs (tried them on both my 800s and the 1000s I was on toevening ) but it shows all of them are burned to the CDs when I put them in my laptop. I tried doing a third CD and its the same. Any ideas? Never had this issue before.
Alphonso Deitchman
Imgburn is a very nice disc burning program that gives you tons of control, but it's not as simple as something like Itunes for burning an Audio CD.

If you do plan on burning Audio CDs with Imgburn you might find this guide helpful. The 2nd post is particularly important.
http://community .imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555
Emelina Chillson
also dlin imgburn now. gonna give that a whirl
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by makar1
Also you should burn no lower than the minimum speed supported by the media, rather than 1x. Imgburn will give you the required info when you put in a blank disc.
Cheers, downloading that now. My older CDs were burned at maximum and newest at 1x so I've probably been wrong at both ends there.

Been recommended Taiyo Yuden CDRs by someone else but they're steep!
Alphonso Deitchman
Latina Samon
Yeah I'll be avoiding them now too. I'll have a look at those Kodaks!
Emelina Chillson
Out of experience I avoid sony CD-r's bruv. My favorites to use are Kodak. They last for friggin ever, have a decent weight to them, have minimal data loss, and have a small toc area which mean a faster load time when inserting into a cdj.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy