buying technics 1200 MK2's from the UK? power cable?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: buying technics 1200 MK2's from the UK? power cable?Reply
buying technics 1200 MK2's from the UK? power cable?
Posted on: 24.03.2013 by Rolando Lomangino
what should I know about voltage and power cables trying to use these in USA? the seller tells me they currently have a UK 3 prong adapter on the cables but don't know about american voltages.
Rolando Lomangino
what should I know about voltage and power cables trying to use these in USA? the seller tells me they currently have a UK 3 prong adapter on the cables but don't know about american voltages.
Alphonso Deitchman
There are 1200 Mk2s with the switch, and ones without. And I believe the US model 1210 M5G does not have a switch.

Either way it's best to be sure just by physically checking.
Len Lukawski
I bought my technics 1210 mk2s in the UK and then moved to the US. As long as they are 1210s - you get the voltage switch under the platter and you can use adapters or take them somewhere that will swap the plugs (though its not particularly tricky).
Jenna Skeem
As long as the turntable has a voltage selector and you know how to wire a plug (Which is taught in Primary schools over here) then i see no reason for you not to get them.

Edit: basically unscrew the british plug head take out wire, place wire into american plug head. Done
Rolando Lomangino
I refuse to use adapters. So if it has a voltage switch its good to go? I would not even be interested in something like this but the custom paint jobs are amazing.

EDIT: they have the voltage switch but I am still wondering on the plug. waiting sellers response.
Alphonso Deitchman
Do not use simple plug adapters. Either check for the voltage switch like Patch suggested above, or buy a proper step-up voltage transformer.
Emelina Chillson
you can pick up the adapters for about 15 bucks at any best buy in the laptop section.
Brunilda Kora
Look here:

http://serato.com/community /discussion/321390

and here:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/community /sho...d.php?t=130724
Alphonso Deitchman
You'll need a voltage stepup transformer to use UK turntables in the USA.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy