TT Needle Replacements?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: TT Needle Replacements?Reply
TT Needle Replacements?
Posted on: 21.03.2013 by Terrence Cunningham
Hey guys, I have a pair of Numark 1625 TTs that a buddy gave me, but there are no needles/cartridges/headshells. There is just an area that looks like something round needs to be screwed in.

Could someone help me out with what I need? I did some research and it looks like I need the headshell, cartridge, and needle.

Here's a HS-1 with Groove Tool I found on Instrumental parts: http://www.instrumentalparts.com/twmt320030105.html

I don't know if the needles is included though or does it always come with groove tools?

I also found this on the Numark website:
http://www.numark.com/product/groovetool

But it says headshell not included.

Can someone recommend the best path? I'm not trying to spend a fortune, just looking to get these turntables working so I can mess around with them.

Thanks!
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by hellnegative
ive used m44's for ages with no issue. learn to aim your stylus, adjust your height, tune your skate, and adjust your weight mate.
Well mate I'm only going on what I've heard. I am well aware of how to adjust my turntable depending on the particular cartridge thank you, but I appreciate your concern. And of course it's going to wear your records more if you pile the weight on and scratch. FUCK.
Marion Corbo
Originally Posted by jbardy
Sounds like solid advice, but I'm just going to be using Traktor timecodes for the first bit to get used to the feel of them, so scratching those isn't really an issue. And like I said, I am just starting with TTs, so I'm just looking for more of the cheap route to learn for a bit and see if I want to pursue the TT experience.

But it sounds like all I need is the headshell/cartridge/needle.

Theres alot of all-in-one type headshells, that have the headshell, cartridge, and needles.

Stanton makes them, Ortofon is a solid company that makes them as well, or you can grab something like the audio tech that was linked. They are cheap and easily replaceable (so are Time-code vinyl!) theres alot out there but in that price range none will vary to much.

Otherwise you will blow 100+ for 1 ortofon headshell/cart combo.
Terrence Cunningham
TBH ditch the numark needles bruv. Dont get the audio technicas either. Take care of your records and buy a set of decent needles. You can pick up a pair of Shure M44's mounted on headshells for around $150-175 new.
Sounds like solid advice, but I'm just going to be using Traktor timecodes for the first bit to get used to the feel of them, so scratching those isn't really an issue. And like I said, I am just starting with TTs, so I'm just looking for more of the cheap route to learn for a bit and see if I want to pursue the TT experience.

Terrence Cunningham
Hey guys, I have a pair of Numark 1625 TTs that a buddy gave me, but there are no needles/cartridges/headshells. There is just an area that looks like something round needs to be screwed in.

Could someone help me out with what I need? I did some research and it looks like I need the headshell, cartridge, and needle.

Here's a HS-1 with Groove Tool I found on Instrumental parts: http://www.instrumentalparts.com/twmt320030105.html

I don't know if the needles is included though or does it always come with groove tools?

I also found this on the Numark website:
http://www.numark.com/product/groovetool

But it says headshell not included.

Can someone recommend the best path? I'm not trying to spend a fortune, just looking to get these turntables working so I can mess around with them.

Thanks!
Annalisa Shogren
ive used m44's for ages with no issue. learn to aim your stylus, adjust your height, tune your skate, and adjust your weight mate.
Well mate I'm only going on what I've heard. I am well aware of how to adjust my turntable depending on the particular cartridge thank you, but I appreciate your concern. And of course it's going to wear your records more if you pile the weight on and scratch. FUCK.
Emelina Chillson
Ming Devis
I thought M447 where pretty much the softest on your records??
Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
On a side note, if you're using 44's with real vinyl <<<and are using too much tone arm weight to compensate for heavy handed scratching>>>, don't expect the vinyl to last long.
Fixed that for ya.
Annalisa Shogren
On a side note, if you're using 44's with real vinyl, don't expect the vinyl to last long.
Evita Mockel
Get the 44s. Don't get some piece of crap you'll replace later. People don't get turntables to be cheap skates about everything.
Terrence Cunningham
Great, thanks. Looks like it's a lot easier to replace than I thought.
Marion Corbo
Originally Posted by jbardy

Theres alot of all-in-one type headshells, that have the headshell, cartridge, and needles.

Stanton makes them, Ortofon is a solid company that makes them as well, or you can grab something like the audio tech that was linked. They are cheap and easily replaceable (so are Time-code vinyl!) theres alot out there but in that price range none will vary to much.

Otherwise you will blow 100+ for 1 ortofon headshell/cart combo.
Terrence Cunningham
TBH ditch the numark needles bruv. Dont get the audio technicas either. Take care of your records and buy a set of decent needles. You can pick up a pair of Shure M44's mounted on headshells for around $150-175 new.

Emelina Chillson
Doreen Schurle
Just buy a couple of these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-TURNTAB...item3f19862ecf

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy