Recommend a way to setup CDJ HID without owning a pair of CDJ's

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Recommend a way to setup CDJ HID without owning a pair of CDJ'sReply
Recommend a way to setup CDJ HID without owning a pair of CDJ's
Posted on: 08.04.2013 by Maisie Davidovic
Hi
I been DJing with my Traktor S2 for a few months now. I wanna start to DJ in clubs but I don't wanna drag my S2 along with me. I seen other DJ's just use usb wires that go from CDJ's to their Laptop. I currently use a Macbook and my Traktor version is 2.6.

Can anyone recommend a good way to setup my computer so it can easily and glitch free connect to a CDJ 2000 or 900 that is found at most clubs now a days. Is the setup the same whether the CDJ is a 900 or 2000? Or should I use them both incase one club is diff then the other? Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Oh and I looked over a few youtube videos related to this subject.
Maisie Davidovic
Originally Posted by Xtian317
I had the same concern... I went to a local music store (Sam Ash) and they let me set my stuff up on their display gear. I confirmed everything worked correctly. When duty calls, I'll be ready to set my stuff in a club up using HID.
Great advice. I am going to try Sam Ash this saturday. They seem to have some sort of EDM saturday with classes and such.
Maisie Davidovic
I had the same concern... I went to a local music store (Sam Ash) and they let me set my stuff up on their display gear. I confirmed everything worked correctly. When duty calls, I'll be ready to set my stuff in a club up using HID.
Sounds like good advice, gonna stop by there on Saturday.
Maisie Davidovic
Hi
I been DJing with my Traktor S2 for a few months now. I wanna start to DJ in clubs but I don't wanna drag my S2 along with me. I seen other DJ's just use usb wires that go from CDJ's to their Laptop. I currently use a Macbook and my Traktor version is 2.6.

Can anyone recommend a good way to setup my computer so it can easily and glitch free connect to a CDJ 2000 or 900 that is found at most clubs now a days. Is the setup the same whether the CDJ is a 900 or 2000? Or should I use them both incase one club is diff then the other? Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Oh and I looked over a few youtube videos related to this subject.
Maisie Davidovic
Great advice. I am going to try Sam Ash this saturday. They seem to have some sort of EDM saturday with classes and such.
Maisie Davidovic
I'm running a mac. Do you know if the CDJ drivers cover all HID models such as 2000, 900 and 400 ? Or all they all separate drivers? Also is there a manual out there that shows what CDJ functions control traktor functions?
Maisie Davidovic
Sounds like good advice, gonna stop by there on Saturday.
Maisie Davidovic
I am on a Mac. I am aware of the aggregator but does it take care of all compatible CDJ's or do I need to do it for each version ? Basically I'm asking is there diff drivers for each Cdj or are they all the same.
Alphonso Deitchman
You must install the CDJ drivers and Pioneer aggregator program if you're on Windows. Bring the CDJ firmware update in the rare case that the CDJs have not been updated to firmware that supports HID.

And bring a backup sound card in case you have problems setting up an aggregate device on the evening . Install DJM850/900/etc drivers too if the club has one of those.
Valery Ellick

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy