Dj tech dif-1s

Dj tech dif-1s
Posted on: 12.03.2013 by Federico Vilas
order complete and mine is on the way... really excited to see how good this basic mixer is. Anyone already own this? What do you like? What do you not like?
Annice Olech
I have asked for email alert from Juno when this comes in. There was no pre order option and the maplin link didn't work. Looks perfect for my bedroom setup and hopefully the sound will up to using at my club evening . If not I may use it in a chain for a third scratch deck into another mixer.

Hopefully i will get it for
Annice Olech
I have asked for email alert from Juno when this comes in. There was no pre order option and the maplin link didn't work. Looks perfect for my bedroom setup and hopefully the sound will up to using at my club evening . If not I may use it in a chain for a third scratch deck into another mixer.

Annice Olech

Annice Olech

Annice Olech

Annice Olech

Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by DJ Tech UK
just saw this video last evening ...nice

got my dif-1s in the mail yesterday BUT I didn't get much time to mess around with it. Packaging was great, came with 3 additional fader knobs, sits a little higher then your traditional mixer but that's ok. Build quality is simular to rane and sound is NICE, LOUD, and FULL... I will do a more in depth review soon but so far satisfied...

only a couple things I don't like so far is the eq range is not a full kill...but I saw that on someone else's review prior to purchasing mixer...that feature can be corrected inside the dvs program itself...

and, I will confirm this later today but there is an extreme amount of difference between the phono output and the dvs output...so if you use the mixer as advertised where you use the dvs through routing... make sure you turn the volume down before you adjust the switch...again, I will confirm this and do a more in depth review this weekend when I have more time. If I still find that to be the case then I would suggest using a midi controller to control the abs/rel/int/thru modes in the dvs program itself so that the volume is more consistent
Federico Vilas
Who have you ordered from?

Also we have recently taken over the UK business for DJ-Tech and we have exciting things coming, I am happy to 'loan out ' samples for review and offer freebies where possible (class it as marketing budget) so stay in touch and as we move forward in 2013 we will hopefully be able to 'scratch' each others backs!...(apologies for the really poor humour)
mine is supposed to be here today I ordered it through THUD RUMBLE. I am always available to try out and review items too
Doreen Schurle
Also we have recently taken over the UK business for DJ-Tech and we have exciting things coming, I am happy to 'loan out ' samples for review and offer freebies where possible (class it as marketing budget) so stay in touch and as we move forward in 2013 we will hopefully be able to 'scratch' each others backs!...(apologies for the really poor humour)
Well with that in mind, give me a shout if you want anything reviewed / mapped for Traktor
Herbert Abeles
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
still waiting for mine to be shipped...

Doreen Schurle
order complete and mine is on the way... really excited to see how good this basic mixer is. Anyone already own this? What do you like? What do you not like?
DJ Tech sometimes get a - rather undeserved - bad rep for being poor quality. Personally, I've found even their cheaper ranges (like the 101s) are actually fantastic at doing what they do... I've got a pair of the CDJ101s and they're fantastic little transport controllers.

I've seen some reviews of the DIF-1S and it looks pretty sick; one of those rock-solid old school gigging mixers Let us know how you get on with it!

Would kill to have something like the Hybrid X1, but unfortunately it's somewhat out of my price range Just have to hope that one day they might take pity on me and send me a unit to review :P
Herbert Abeles
Thud Rumble...pre order...they had a link on facebook to reserve them, said only 50 coming in you can see if you can still reserve them on their site BUT I'd highly doubt they are not accounted for b/c qsu has a pretty good following
We still have a few left available for pre-order, just choose one of the approved dealers

The price is going up to
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow
The price is great, and those DVS inputs are dope. Makes me want to get some TTs.

Where'd you order it from, btw? Haven't been able to find it anywhere for purchase.
Thud Rumble...pre order...they had a link on facebook to reserve them, said only 50 coming in you can see if you can still reserve them on their site BUT I'd highly doubt they are not accounted for b/c qsu has a pretty good following
Federico Vilas
I've been looking at this mixer everyday for weeks. Curious to see what you believe about it. Review when you get it!
I definitely will do a review. I love the simplicity of it...a little concerned about the quality of the mini-innofader BUT for the price its a steal
Federico Vilas
Annice Olech

Federico Vilas
ok, So i got a good hour or two to mess around with the mixer last evening . The DVS in/output does have a significant difference in sound output. Using the DVS option it seems like I have to turn the trim on the mixer almost 3/4 the way to get a decent volume output when running DVS. i'm a little disappointed in that feature BUT at least they were bold enough to try it...maybe they should have tested it a little more before release and fixed the issue though. If you run DVS I would suggest hooking up your system like we all are used to and using the thru settings within the DVS program so volume is more consistent when you are mixing.

EQ's:

standard 3-band eq...everything works as intended BUT wish they were full kills

Faders:

cross-fader is the best feature of the mixer and why there is so much hype about it... Good job Elliot on making a more economic fader without sacrificing the feel and quality of the innofader.

channel-faders feel real nice too BUT they are only good for mixing. No chance in using them for stabs unless you replace them with innofaders BUT for mixing they fade in/out nicely...

The lag space for scratching is standard...I would compare it to ranes ttm spacing. It is adjustable BUT thought it was perfect out the box

Sound:

This mixer sounds REALLY NICE... nice, full sound out of both master and booth outputs...

SCRATCHING:...this is what all the hype was about...besides the price that mysteriously went up at release

scratching was very nice... it took me a minute to get used to the height BUT not every mixer is the same. my only complaint about the scratching is a personal preference of mine in reference to the construction of the mixer. Its a matte black rough texture and was not as comfortable to scratch on as my preferred vestax mixers are. Vestax always has a smooth surface which makes it easier to scratch on if you are like me.

Overall:

Very satisfied with the mixer. There is not another mixer out there that can compare to it at the price point of $200.00... other then the vestax 002xl BUT the 002xl curve adjustments suck...even with an inno...I own one of these as well

Pro's:
- pricepoint
- cross-fader
- sound quality
- solid construction
- layout, everything is spaced nicely and nothing in way of the cross or line faders

Con's:
- line faders...no curve adjustment (but they are replaceable with innofaders)
- curve adjustment knob...very small, hard to adjust, too much tension...
- DVS in/outs...volume very low...might as well leave this feature off the mixer or use the correct electronics to make it more consistent to the other phono/line in/outs
- height of the mixer, I use 1200s... I like a nice, clean, flush look... I have owned a mackie d.2 as well so it's not as high as the d.2 but definitely noticeable
- EQ's are not complete kills (compared to the vestax 002xl)
- cue/crossfader buttons...stiff, hard to press, I prefer the fader-type adjustments for cuing as seen on vestax/rane mixers

with all that said...still work the $200 I paid for it... If you want it PM me b/c I have way too many mixers and will be selling it soon. I just bought a Korg Zero 4...Price the the DIF-1S will still be $200 + Shipping....but lets face it...demand is high and supply is not... and its 2 days old
Federico Vilas
just saw this video last evening ...nice

got my dif-1s in the mail yesterday BUT I didn't get much time to mess around with it. Packaging was great, came with 3 additional fader knobs, sits a little higher then your traditional mixer but that's ok. Build quality is simular to rane and sound is NICE, LOUD, and FULL... I will do a more in depth review soon but so far satisfied...

only a couple things I don't like so far is the eq range is not a full kill...but I saw that on someone else's review prior to purchasing mixer...that feature can be corrected inside the dvs program itself...

and, I will confirm this later today but there is an extreme amount of difference between the phono output and the dvs output...so if you use the mixer as advertised where you use the dvs through routing... make sure you turn the volume down before you adjust the switch...again, I will confirm this and do a more in depth review this weekend when I have more time. If I still find that to be the case then I would suggest using a midi controller to control the abs/rel/int/thru modes in the dvs program itself so that the volume is more consistent
Herbert Abeles
Scratch....Italian Style...
Federico Vilas

mine is supposed to be here today I ordered it through THUD RUMBLE. I am always available to try out and review items too
Doreen Schurle
Well with that in mind, give me a shout if you want anything reviewed / mapped for Traktor
Herbert Abeles

Federico Vilas
Cristian Carmona
I worked for DJTech at the NAMM show and personally know the guys behind the company. All I can say this mixer is a beast. We beat this mixer up for 5 days straight and we had no hiccups. I know that DJ Tech has had a bad rep in the past and they are doing their best to repair image.
Doreen Schurle
DJ Tech sometimes get a - rather undeserved - bad rep for being poor quality. Personally, I've found even their cheaper ranges (like the 101s) are actually fantastic at doing what they do... I've got a pair of the CDJ101s and they're fantastic little transport controllers.

I've seen some reviews of the DIF-1S and it looks pretty sick; one of those rock-solid old school gigging mixers Let us know how you get on with it!

Would kill to have something like the Hybrid X1, but unfortunately it's somewhat out of my price range Just have to hope that one day they might take pity on me and send me a unit to review :P
Herbert Abeles
We still have a few left available for pre-order, just choose one of the approved dealers

The price is going up to
Federico Vilas
The price is great, and those DVS inputs are dope. Makes me want to get some TTs.

Where'd you order it from, btw? Haven't been able to find it anywhere for purchase.
Joya Heiberg

Federico Vilas
I've been looking at this mixer everyday for weeks. Curious to see what you believe about it. Review when you get it!
I definitely will do a review. I love the simplicity of it...a little concerned about the quality of the mini-innofader BUT for the price its a steal
Joya Heiberg

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy