Vinyl Collection - How much space does it takes?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Vinyl Collection - How much space does it takes?Reply
Vinyl Collection - How much space does it takes?
Posted on: 16.04.2013 by Jorge Furber
Hi guys!

I just scored something like 400 vinyls for very cheap and I'm slowly getting through them, classifying them on Discogs and listening to them. Now, they're all over my living room floor, by genres and I'm wondering how much space that will take on my wall.

I'm most likely going to buy a bigger Expedit bookshelf from Ikea. I already have a 2X2 one under my DJ booth so 4 "squares". I was wondering how many more "squares" I would need. So for those who use Expedit stuff, how big should I buy the next one? 2X4? It does sound like a bit of a stupid question but I jus realized it's quite hard to judge while vinyls are all over the place...

Thanks guys
Jorge Furber
Hi guys!

I just scored something like 400 vinyls for very cheap and I'm slowly getting through them, classifying them on Discogs and listening to them. Now, they're all over my living room floor, by genres and I'm wondering how much space that will take on my wall.

I'm most likely going to buy a bigger Expedit bookshelf from Ikea. I already have a 2X2 one under my DJ booth so 4 "squares". I was wondering how many more "squares" I would need. So for those who use Expedit stuff, how big should I buy the next one? 2X4? It does sound like a bit of a stupid question but I jus realized it's quite hard to judge while vinyls are all over the place...

Thanks guys
Yong Aptekar
Either the 2x4 or better yet, the 4x4, and you have lots of extra space so they aren't crammed in there, or you have room for old gear. The same way Ean does in his videos here.
Emelina Chillson
The rest of my vinyl collection is in 14" by 13" milk crates stacked and bound in my closet. I have 20 crates with 100 records per crate. Does the job pretty well.
Emelina Chillson
I have my 850 DNB records packed into a 6 foot shelve under my decks. I use wooden supports to seperate them by sub genre and placed 2"X1"X8" wood blocks on the bottom at either end in each space. Still have room to flip through without an issue.
Jorge Furber
Great! That's exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks a lot!
Delila Vandommelen
I have over 200 now, and that will tightly fit into two boxes in an expedit. Extrapolate as needed and provision for some extra room to flick through them more easily as pointed out. (ie a 4x1 may not be enough).
A good friend has a 4x2 *packed* with vinyl and you can hardly browse without pulling three records at a time. Not convenient when you play them regularly.
Emelina Chillson
400 records equals 4 feet
Jorge Furber
I've seen this video. I built my DJ booth using all those components. Now what I'm looking for is just help to figure out how big of a bookshelf I need for 400 vinyls. Just an estimate. Because judging with what's on my floor right now is quite hard...
Ervin Calvery

They can go all over or be very efficiently stored - I like to have some space to allow me flick through them.
Leeanna Ayla
I like the eight square ones. You can always add another if needed.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy