MK2 Vinyl

MK2 Vinyl
Posted on: 12.04.2013 by Shera Finkelberg
sorry guys 4 the noob question...

here it is..

i have a blue mk2 vinyl...

im wondering is it normal that one side is more slippery then the other? the side with traktor logo is 4 scratching is not so loose and its not so slippery and the 15 min side is very slippery.... is that on any vinyl or just on mine, is that normal? the 10min side, that's not so slippery is 4 scratching am I right?...
thx
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by dripstep
I have 6 timecode records, and every one of them spins quicker with the traktor logo face up.
Pretty much the same deal with my time code vinyls except for the clear ones and the blue bully breaks. They both spin at the same slow speed on both sides.
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by Toastmaster
That is not something I wanted to hear; I was believeing of getting new ones in hope of rectifying the problem. Both timecodes do that for me as well and it makes it a pain in the ass to beatmatch with. Upon release, it takes up to 2 secs to get up to full rotary speed on one side, making it almost impossible to match the phases up. Luckily the other side is not so horrid.

you might want to invest in better slip mats....

a little sandpaper goes a long way. rough up your more slippery label a tad. its what I did to fix the issue on mine. (I own every color and thud Trimble wax cause I'm a nerd.)
Chrissy Kynard
I have 6 timecode records, and every one of them spins quicker with the traktor logo face up.
That is not something I wanted to hear; I was believeing of getting new ones in hope of rectifying the problem. Both timecodes do that for me as well and it makes it a pain in the ass to beatmatch with. Upon release, it takes up to 2 secs to get up to full rotary speed on one side, making it almost impossible to match the phases up. Luckily the other side is not so horrid.
Shera Finkelberg
Originally Posted by frequencym
He means the record is warped such that it is shaped like a soup bowl (actually more like a contact lens you put in your eye). Records like that are very slippy on one side because all that is touching the platter is the label part of the record.

That said, dish warps are usually caused by tight shrink wrap being applied before the record fully cools and traktor timecode isn't shrink wrapped so I would not expect any timecode records to have this type of warp.
i believe i dont have that issue.... the record is flat , its not concaved... if thats what you mean...

i believe i have a perfectly normal vinyl, im just not sure yet is it better to scratch on the slippery side (15min) or the other one?? and im a mediocore scratchaholic .... i know its more of a personal preferance...what do you believe?
Allan Neubert
Originally Posted by mujagawudakhi
thx 4 the reply, but can you explain me what "bowled" means?? im from croatia, europe and the google translate is not helping me...
He means the record is warped such that it is shaped like a soup bowl (actually more like a contact lens you put in your eye). Records like that are very slippy on one side because all that is touching the platter is the label part of the record.

That said, dish warps are usually caused by tight shrink wrap being applied before the record fully cools and traktor timecode isn't shrink wrapped so I would not expect any timecode records to have this type of warp.
Shera Finkelberg
sorry guys 4 the noob question...

here it is..

i have a blue mk2 vinyl...

im wondering is it normal that one side is more slippery then the other? the side with traktor logo is 4 scratching is not so loose and its not so slippery and the 15 min side is very slippery.... is that on any vinyl or just on mine, is that normal? the 10min side, that's not so slippery is 4 scratching am I right?...
thx
Precious Pequignot
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=67934

might wanna take a look at this thread i started on the same issue
Yong Aptekar
The superseal slow roasted records I have spin fine, but its those traktor only ones that are too much on one side. MK1 or 2. The faster spinning side is nicer for scratching though, backspins sound like gold covered in platinum covered in unobtanium.
Nevada Edgette
Pretty much the same deal with my time code vinyls except for the clear ones and the blue bully breaks. They both spin at the same slow speed on both sides.
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by Toastmaster

you might want to invest in better slip mats....

a little sandpaper goes a long way. rough up your more slippery label a tad. its what I did to fix the issue on mine. (I own every color and thud Trimble wax cause I'm a nerd.)
Chrissy Kynard
Yong Aptekar
Brunilda Kora
Personal preference. 100%. It took me a while to find some slipmats that I liked - and I've kept them ever since.

15 years now!!! I just shake 'em off and give 'em a quick vacuum every now and a again to keem 'em fr-fr-fresh.
Shera Finkelberg
Originally Posted by frequencym

i believe i dont have that issue.... the record is flat , its not concaved... if thats what you mean...

i believe i have a perfectly normal vinyl, im just not sure yet is it better to scratch on the slippery side (15min) or the other one?? and im a mediocore scratchaholic .... i know its more of a personal preferance...what do you believe?
Allan Neubert
Originally Posted by mujagawudakhi
thx 4 the reply, but can you explain me what "bowled" means?? im from croatia, europe and the google translate is not helping me...

Emelina Chillson
It is common for taktor records to have one side more slippery than the other. this convo happened on NI community s already. Its an issue with the label printing. Rough up your labels a little with sandpaper or remove them altogether with comet and cold water (do not let it touch the grooves)
Shera Finkelberg
Kelsi Shong
Could be that your vinyls are bowled which will make one side go faster than the other. I'm not 100% on this but I do remember a thread like this a while back.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy