Looking to start a DVS setup

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Looking to start a DVS setupReply
Looking to start a DVS setup
Posted on: 12.04.2013 by Beata Yukon
Ever since the American Audio MXR series came out, I've been itching to get myself a DVS setup.

I run Traktor on a Mac at present, so I'm wondering what my best option would be for switching to a software that doesn't need a certified DVS box? (Virtual DJ, Deckadance, Mixxx, etc.) Preferably one with MIDI mapping and a similar feature set to Traktor (Looping, FX, beatjump, hella hotcues, slip/flux mode).

I don't want to spend the money on a pair of Technics. I know they're the industry standard, I know they're smooth as hell and I know they spew rainbows, gold nuggets and make farts that sound like Stevie Wonder singing. I don't want to spend the money. I'm dipping my toes into the world of timecode and turntablism. I'm not looking to make a lifelong investment, just something to start out with.

Here are some of the models I'm considering, and have heard good things about:
Stanton T.62
Stanton T.92
Audio Technica AT-LP120
Numark TTX
American Audio TTD 2400

I want something with some decent torque, that can take a little abuse, and won't fall apart when you look at it funny. I'm looking to spend about $200-600, if I can.

Mixer wise, it's pretty much between the 10 MXR or the 14 MXR. If you know of anything in that price range that's DVS enabled and covers the same bases, please suggest it.

If you know of any good sites to do some turntable digging, point me. Any tips and such on starting up on DVS are also appreciated.
Nadia Shelmadine
If I were on a budget building a DVS setup, I'd try to find an older model of high quality mixers. I've scored some older mixers for great prices, like Tascam XS8 for 100
Nadia Shelmadine
If I were on a budget building a DVS setup, I'd try to find an older model of high quality mixers. I've scored some older mixers for great prices, like Tascam XS8 for 100
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Nadia Shelmadine
Beata Yukon
Ever since the American Audio MXR series came out, I've been itching to get myself a DVS setup.

I run Traktor on a Mac at present, so I'm wondering what my best option would be for switching to a software that doesn't need a certified DVS box? (Virtual DJ, Deckadance, Mixxx, etc.) Preferably one with MIDI mapping and a similar feature set to Traktor (Looping, FX, beatjump, hella hotcues, slip/flux mode).

I don't want to spend the money on a pair of Technics. I know they're the industry standard, I know they're smooth as hell and I know they spew rainbows, gold nuggets and make farts that sound like Stevie Wonder singing. I don't want to spend the money. I'm dipping my toes into the world of timecode and turntablism. I'm not looking to make a lifelong investment, just something to start out with.

Here are some of the models I'm considering, and have heard good things about:
Stanton T.62
Stanton T.92
Audio Technica AT-LP120
Numark TTX
American Audio TTD 2400

I want something with some decent torque, that can take a little abuse, and won't fall apart when you look at it funny. I'm looking to spend about $200-600, if I can.

Mixer wise, it's pretty much between the 10 MXR or the 14 MXR. If you know of anything in that price range that's DVS enabled and covers the same bases, please suggest it.

If you know of any good sites to do some turntable digging, point me. Any tips and such on starting up on DVS are also appreciated.
Beata Yukon
Yeah, I know. I decided to try to go for a traktor certified interface and a turntable, instead.

As for the OEMs, I've had a hard time finding anything under $300. I'll check out the mixers, though. Thanks.
Michaele Mehn
Just saying to be sure you don't make mistake : the soundcard of the MXR won't work with traktor scratch :s It need to be traktor certified
Nadia Shelmadine
Beata Yukon
Thanks for the heads up.

I believe to start off I'm gonna get and Audio 4 DJ and a single turntable, using my S2 as a mixer. I've got my eye on a used TTX and a new AT-LP120. It seems like a good way to dip my toes in andnot make the full investment in a mixer and a second turntable.

Is there any compelling reason to avoid the AT-LP120?
Yong Aptekar
the numark TTX decks are good, lots of torque. If you're looking to scratch, make sure you get new needles if you are buying used, or you will trash your records. - speaking from experience.
Beata Yukon
The American Audio MXRs have sound cards built in. And yeah, I'm trying to scratch.
Shan Bauerly
Are you trying to scratch?
Alphonso Deitchman
Any DVS system requires a sound card with enough inputs/outputs. Do you have something suitable?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy