Record bag recommendations?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Record bag recommendations?Reply
Record bag recommendations?
Posted on: 21.07.2012 by Evelyn Navarijo
Got a batch of records incoming from Cheimical, and I realized that there is no way in hell I'll be able to fit all of them in my current bag. This made me believe about picking up a dedicated record bag, preferably one that fits both lots of vinyl, maybe a CD sleeve or a laptop + assorted extras (soundcard, cables, clean underwear w/e) and that can be carried over the shoulder. Anyone knows the lay of the land when it comes to record bags?
Coleman Runningen
i got with a bag from zomo, fits about 40 vinyls with pockets for all kind of stuff. carrying in it headphones, notebook 15inch macbook, serato interface, mixcds, cables, dicers, ...
very solid bag, even with steel carabiners lol

still happy with it, bought it 2 years ago in christmas time. zippers still works like on first day, no open embroidery, all good

zomo-digital-dj-bag-mk2-black.jpg
Raphael Petillo
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
Got a batch of records incoming from Cheimical, and I realized that there is no way in hell I'll be able to fit all of them in my current bag. This made me believe about picking up a dedicated record bag, preferably one that fits both lots of vinyl, maybe a CD sleeve or a laptop + assorted extras (soundcard, cables, clean underwear w/e) and that can be carried over the shoulder. Anyone knows the lay of the land when it comes to record bags?
So which bag do you make use of for carrying these chemicals. I believe it will be of great help if you share some information.
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by Hoodless
this is what i use, chemical records link as well,

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc...0&formatIDs=55
How are you finding it? It doesn't seem quite as er... "Advanced" as the others.
Evelyn Navarijo
Emelina Chillson
Go with tribal or Odyssey.
Coleman Runningen
i got with a bag from zomo, fits about 40 vinyls with pockets for all kind of stuff. carrying in it headphones, notebook 15inch macbook, serato interface, mixcds, cables, dicers, ...
very solid bag, even with steel carabiners lol

still happy with it, bought it 2 years ago in christmas time. zippers still works like on first day, no open embroidery, all good

zomo-digital-dj-bag-mk2-black.jpg
Raphael Petillo
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
So which bag do you make use of for carrying these chemicals. I believe it will be of great help if you share some information.
Babette Poppiti
UDG all the way....
Delila Vandommelen
Got tired of lugging around my small and clunky Creative vinyl bag along with my day-to-day handbag for the laptop and other cables and wanted an all in one solution that'd be easier to cart around where I could fit everything and even some more vinyl.

UDG bags and trolleys are all the rage around here but I didn't really want to follow the herd ; so I looked around for the big Magma bag (LP60/80/100 ie http://magma-bags.com/produkte/lp-bag-60-profi.php3 ).
It has really thick internal padding which you can velcro off - unfortunately that padding gives the bag most of its structural integrity and then it's just floppy nylon. So if you need to remove one of the panes to fit more, it'll lose its strength pretty fast. I wasn't too impressed with the overall quality. You could probably fit a fair amount of stuff in there.

I ended up biting my lip and springing for an udg trolley (http://www.djstore.com/item/udg9981bl.htm) which has solid sides even with the padding taken out and an overall higher quality. Big fat shoulder strap and of course, it rolls. (the smaller bags without the wheels were a little too small). Comes with two thin cd wallets you could fit in the main front pocket.
There are two layers of padding at the bottom, so I removed the extra thick one and I can now fit my 15.4" laptop vertically at the back of the bag - it does bump into the top hood and bends it slightly but the bag can take it. If you have a 15" macbook I don't believe you will have that problem.
I can then fill that up with up to 40ish LPs, laptop power brick and some cabling - a couple pairs of rcas + multicore cables.
Side pockets receive my A8DJ and HD25s, they could fit the laptop's power brick and cable separately if I wanted to carry a small power strip inside. My vinyl brush usually goes in there too.
Front main pocket gets the X1 (without the NI case), some cables, my box of Concorde Pros.
Front extra pocket has my timecode cds, usb stick(s), cereal bars, ground lifting adapter for the lappy, a few pencils... general use items.
Usually the smaller items such as cables, cartridge box, vinyl brush and laptop psu+cable tend to switch places.
-
If there are shops nearby, I recommend you go take a look at the offerings and eyeball them. It took me a couple trips to finally surrender to udg.
I can try and post a few pics if you like.
Danae Dumler
I've had my Shure bag almost ten years, used to gig every weekend with it, generally overstuffed; have carried it on planes and so forth. It's beaten up but never fell apart like that on me.
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by Hoodless

How are you finding it? It doesn't seem quite as er... "Advanced" as the others.
Alla Bluemke
No to the shure bag. My handle ripped right off it. It's technically their mixer bag, though it fits records and it fell apart in about 3 months of light usage.
Dione Haimes

Jacob Fetta
I have the UDG "Courier" bag and I am satisfied and it isnt to expensive.
Evelyn Navarijo
Checked out the UDG "Courier" bag (all they seemed to have at the local DJ store), seems pretty solid. I've also seen a lot of people carting around Shure bags, are they any good?
Dannielle Dingey
Depends on how many records you want to bring.
If I need more then 40, I use a dedicated vinyl bag (UDG) & pack the rest in a second bag or backpack.
UDG-gear is very solid, they also have some combo (cd + vinyl) stuff & producers bags.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy