Opinions Wanted on a Few Questions

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Opinions Wanted on a Few QuestionsReply
Opinions Wanted on a Few Questions
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Dedra Kreinbring
I will try keep it short.

I want to eventually use DVS, but haven't got endless funds at the moment.
Also my dad wants a turntable to play his records on. I am looking at either technics, or Stanton 150's. I am not interested in a technics vs stanton debate for DJing.

1) Will either of these be of sufficient quality for him to listen to his records with? Or are there much better and cheaper alternatives just for listening.

2) If I bought an A6 / A10 would I be able to use my S2 as an internal mixer, with 2 TT's? I believe I can, but just checking I haven't missed something.

3) Is the needle / cartridge important when using Timecode?

Please be nice, I currently use S2 and F1, and play all types of music.
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by Big Panda

1) Will either of these be of sufficient quality for him to listen to his records with? Or are there much better and cheaper alternatives just for listening.

2) If I bought an A6 / A10 would I be able to use my S2 as an internal mixer, with 2 TT's? I believe I can, but just checking I haven't missed something.

1. both would be sufficient quality for your dad to listen to his vinyl. IMO, you are planning on using DVS in the future, I recommend you go this route as you can use the TT for both.

2. yes

3. when using timecode, you will get the same sound from whatever needle you use, because your sound output is really coming from your audio interface. (not the same case if using regular vinyl. some needles will sound louder, quiter, warmer, etc. than others.
if you are going to learn how to scratch using dvs, i would recommend the m447-h's. (they track really well)
Dedra Kreinbring
I will try keep it short.

I want to eventually use DVS, but haven't got endless funds at the moment.
Also my dad wants a turntable to play his records on. I am looking at either technics, or Stanton 150's. I am not interested in a technics vs stanton debate for DJing.

Dedra Kreinbring
Cheers mate, just the answer I was looking for.
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by Big Panda

1. both would be sufficient quality for your dad to listen to his vinyl. IMO, you are planning on using DVS in the future, I recommend you go this route as you can use the TT for both.

2. yes

3. when using timecode, you will get the same sound from whatever needle you use, because your sound output is really coming from your audio interface. (not the same case if using regular vinyl. some needles will sound louder, quiter, warmer, etc. than others.
if you are going to learn how to scratch using dvs, i would recommend the m447-h's. (they track really well)

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy