How to play on HID mode AFTER previous dj uses CD's/USBsticks. I encounterd a problem

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: How to play on HID mode AFTER previous dj uses CD's/USBsticks. I encounterd a problemReply
How to play on HID mode AFTER previous dj uses CD's/USBsticks. I encounterd a problem
Posted on: 10.04.2013 by Elouise Pickford
Ok so i had this problem. Last time i had to play After a dj who was using cds/usb sticks on CDJ900.

So i plugged in usbs, turned on traktor, made sure all settings were in place.

when the girl stoped playing on right deck i switched it to hid mode.

i could select a track, but no sound came through.

after some messing around we decided i try the left deck, and same problem,

the girl playing was probly pissed off at me trying to connect with those short usb cables and moving around.

anyway my real question is:

How do you go on to playing on CDJ900 with traktor after someone who is using the players with CD's/USB??

What is the process do i have to do something differnt than when i am the first one using the cdj's?

P.S i thought i would find the answer in the community s here or in google but honestly i did not find anything like that on the web
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by ABee
I had same problem this week but the DJ after me was using physical CDs and when he put one in, he had trouble selecting a track and when he pressed play the track would also start on my computer.

Someone post a tutorial how to go in and then come out properly.
Posted a little guide in the other thread:
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=70497
Maisie Davidovic
Originally Posted by manchild
Press Disc....never had a prob. I mean you could shut off the off-air deck, then turn it back on (like a reboot), and proceed to the next deck when it's off-air if pressing Disc doesnt work
Thing is if I turn the off-air deck off, I believe it could mess up traktor or make a sound on all speakers.....i pulled the USB cord out on the off-air deck and something went weird.
Elouise Pickford
WHat mixer were you using? DO you have an interface (AKA SL-2, AUDIO 8 etc) or do you agregate the cdj's? Did ya ever get them working?
usually its the djm800. but mixer is not needed to be connected to the laptop anyway. about interface i use the CDJ900 soundcard once i plug them in. i believe i figured out the issue tho last evening while djn. I found a tiny switch in the back of 800djm for each channel, if i remember right you need to push them to the left side as Digital mode or something. (not the knobs) on top but in the back of the mixer. so i guess maybe it nevre was HID fault but my lack of knowledge with the mixer.
keep posting if you believe it is something else. I am bit hung over today so my writing and explaining skills are at the low
Harley Zitka
Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow
Do you need an interface for HID mode?
No
Elouise Pickford
Ok so i had this problem. Last time i had to play After a dj who was using cds/usb sticks on CDJ900.

So i plugged in usbs, turned on traktor, made sure all settings were in place.

when the girl stoped playing on right deck i switched it to hid mode.

i could select a track, but no sound came through.

after some messing around we decided i try the left deck, and same problem,

the girl playing was probly pissed off at me trying to connect with those short usb cables and moving around.

anyway my real question is:

How do you go on to playing on CDJ900 with traktor after someone who is using the players with CD's/USB??

What is the process do i have to do something differnt than when i am the first one using the cdj's?

P.S i thought i would find the answer in the community s here or in google but honestly i did not find anything like that on the web
Lillian Morch
I agree with StephanV. Plug in your own soundcard and use the CDJ2000's as a controller.
Pansy Shiveley
I started bringing my Audio 6 again, using the CDJ's just as HID controllers. I'd had too much trouble without my Audio 6 and it's really not that much of a hassle to plug in.

If you don't already have an external soundcard, either disregard this suggestion, or pick up a (second hand) Audio 2.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by ABee
I had same problem this week but the DJ after me was using physical CDs and when he put one in, he had trouble selecting a track and when he pressed play the track would also start on my computer.

Posted a little guide in the other thread:
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=70497
Addie Engbrecht
I hear ya. If it's off-air, it shouldnt be making any sound on the PA anyways. So, I'm guessing you were switching back and forth w/ the guy? Well, either way, it won't mess with Traktor if he absolutely has to power off/on (at least I've never had an issue doing this). When you're ready to put them back in to HID, just press Link and so on
Maisie Davidovic
Press Disc....never had a prob. I mean you could shut off the off-air deck, then turn it back on (like a reboot), and proceed to the next deck when it's off-air if pressing Disc doesnt work
Thing is if I turn the off-air deck off, I believe it could mess up traktor or make a sound on all speakers.....i pulled the USB cord out on the off-air deck and something went weird.
Addie Engbrecht
Maisie Davidovic

Maisie Davidovic
Not to thread jack. But I had the same problem except the guy after me wanted to go back to a CD. He couldn't pick the track he wanted and when he started a track it would also start my track on traktor. We eventually pulled out the USB out of the cdj but it made a noise over the speakers.

Here was the setup:
Traktor 2.6 (Mac)
cdj 2000
And djm 2000

What's the proper way to switch between traktor HID and CD/USB or SD sticks
Elouise Pickford
WHat mixer were you using? DO you have an interface (AKA SL-2, AUDIO 8 etc) or do you agregate the cdj's? Did ya ever get them working?
usually its the djm800. but mixer is not needed to be connected to the laptop anyway. about interface i use the CDJ900 soundcard once i plug them in. i believe i figured out the issue tho last evening while djn. I found a tiny switch in the back of 800djm for each channel, if i remember right you need to push them to the left side as Digital mode or something. (not the knobs) on top but in the back of the mixer. so i guess maybe it nevre was HID fault but my lack of knowledge with the mixer.
keep posting if you believe it is something else. I am bit hung over today so my writing and explaining skills are at the low
Addie Engbrecht
Harley Zitka
Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow
No
Joya Heiberg
Alphonso Deitchman
Plug BOTH CDJs into your computer, set up your aggregate audio device or separate sound card, THEN switch over to HID.

If you are on a Mac you may be able to get away with 1 CDJ at a time.
Harley Zitka
Bring a CD for your first track, so you aren't a pain in the ass to the previous DJ.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy