Xone DB2 trim issue

Xone DB2 trim issue
Posted on: 04.05.2013 by Lana Akey
I'm currently running a Xone DB2 and duel 900s I love the setup it's just that when I play most music using analog on the input matrix on the DB2 tr output is almost too high. At times I've had the trim set to -10 and that channel alone is in te high orange looking as if it may clip very easily. I've looked at the manual an for both the mixer an the cdjs not too much on it. I turned the master outs gain down in the zones settings but it unaffected the lights whatsoever. Is there a way of turning down the cdjs output or something it's almost is if they are too powerful for my bedroom setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Margareta Mogilevsky
Originally Posted by DjGil
I'm currently running a Xone DB2 and duel 900s I love the setup it's just that when I play most music using analog on the input matrix on the DB2 tr output is almost too high. At times I've had the trim set to -10 and that channel alone is in te high orange looking as if it may clip very easily. I've looked at the manual an for both the mixer an the cdjs not too much on it. I turned the master outs gain down in the zones settings but it unaffected the lights whatsoever. Is there a way of turning down the cdjs output or something it's almost is if they are too powerful for my bedroom setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A couple of things ... First, you might want to stop your CDJ's from fighting each other

Next is probably leave the Trim at -10, and if you have a lower level track playing then bump it up a bit to match the track you're currently playing.

Regarding the Master LED's, they meter what is going to the Master Bus BEFORE you use the master volume knob. Changing the Master Out gain in setting does not change the level on the Master Bus, it lowers the potential maximum output volume. To lower the level to the Master Bus you should lower your channel volume slider as your gain (trim) is already as low as it goes.

The key here is to make sure that you stay out of the red at all stages, your channel, the master bus, and over all output. The CDJ's should never be able to send too much signal (voltage) for you to hit red if your trim (gain) is as low as you can make it go (-10 on DB2, or about 9 o'clock on DJM or other with "gain" to stay well out of red peak).
Lana Akey
Originally Posted by makar1
You can still try your regular RCA cables through the Digital connection.
Really I'm trying that the second I get home! Thanks mate!
Lana Akey
Margareta Mogilevsky
Originally Posted by DjGil
A couple of things ... First, you might want to stop your CDJ's from fighting each other

Next is probably leave the Trim at -10, and if you have a lower level track playing then bump it up a bit to match the track you're currently playing.

Regarding the Master LED's, they meter what is going to the Master Bus BEFORE you use the master volume knob. Changing the Master Out gain in setting does not change the level on the Master Bus, it lowers the potential maximum output volume. To lower the level to the Master Bus you should lower your channel volume slider as your gain (trim) is already as low as it goes.

The key here is to make sure that you stay out of the red at all stages, your channel, the master bus, and over all output. The CDJ's should never be able to send too much signal (voltage) for you to hit red if your trim (gain) is as low as you can make it go (-10 on DB2, or about 9 o'clock on DJM or other with "gain" to stay well out of red peak).
Lana Akey
I'm going off of the master leds for the channel. I have the settings set so that it shows the masters output but if you cue anything then the master switches to that channel and shows where it stands.
Alphonso Deitchman
What LEDs are lighting up on the Channel VU meters through the digital connection with gain at minimum?

It seems odd that A+H decided to cut the VU meter in half on the DB2 vs the DB4..
Lana Akey
Gain is still receiving high input on the channels even while using digital inputs and RCA cables
Alphonso Deitchman
For the digital connection you should ideally use 75 ohm cables like this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

But there's no risk with using regular RCA cables meanwhile.
Lana Akey
Originally Posted by makar1
Really I'm trying that the second I get home! Thanks mate!
Alphonso Deitchman
Lana Akey
They are both in analog two and three which have the option of phono but I have it set to line. I haven't tried the digital output yet just because I don't have the cables but I may have to pick some up. I may try to use analog one and four that don't even have the phono option an see if it changes anything.
Dedra Kreinbring
I had exactly the same, and it was because I had connected a line signal into a Phono input.
Alphonso Deitchman
Are your RCA inputs set to Line (LN) or Phono (PH)? Have you tried using the Digital inputs to connect your CDJs?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy