CDJ-850 CD reading tolerance

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ-850 CD reading toleranceReply
CDJ-850 CD reading tolerance
Posted on: 02.05.2013 by Emma Cvetkovski
Can anyone who's had an 850 or similar for a good amount of time answer this? I've had a preowned 850 for about 6 months and has been working great, especially since have been using mostly USB. I had a performer hand mea performance cd during an event andbecause of the time didnt cue it like I usually do. I skiped pretty bad during the perfomance. I pull out the cd and look at it,, little to no scratches but a nice sized thumb smudge fingerprint, MY QUESTION : Should the cdj freeze up on this or play through it? is this normal? Or is my CDJ failing? Maybe I should crarry a cloth around or something... Thanks in advance
Emma Cvetkovski
Can anyone who's had an 850 or similar for a good amount of time answer this? I've had a preowned 850 for about 6 months and has been working great, especially since have been using mostly USB. I had a performer hand mea performance cd during an event andbecause of the time didnt cue it like I usually do. I skiped pretty bad during the perfomance. I pull out the cd and look at it,, little to no scratches but a nice sized thumb smudge fingerprint, MY QUESTION : Should the cdj freeze up on this or play through it? is this normal? Or is my CDJ failing? Maybe I should crarry a cloth around or something... Thanks in advance
Malka Wickerham
So did you try another CD to see if you could duplicate the problem?
Harley Zitka
Not all CD's are created equally... Some types just don't work well in CDJ's.
Augustine Mitzen
blame the fingerprint.
you can just clean it with the inside of your t-shirt though.

my 100s refused to read couple of badly scratched CD's, but on battered 1000s they worked fine, i'd imagine 850s to be at least at the same level

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy