I think I need new RCA Cables for my technics?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: I think I need new RCA Cables for my technics?Reply
I think I need new RCA Cables for my technics?
Posted on: 08.04.2013 by Kamala Temple
So recently i've realized one of tables is hardly outputting any sound out of the left monitor. I'm not sure if its the ground or one of the RCA's. Any suggestions? When I pan to the right monitor it sounds perfect but the left is maybe half as loud. If I need to replace the RCA's im believeing about just doing a full overhaul and self grounding them as well. Any input helps, thanks in advance .

Side note: I have a pair of MK5's if it matters.
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by dripstep
take a pencil eraser, put it inside your tonearm, and twist it around to clean off any corrosion. Blow out any debris, connect your headshell, make sure its seated properly, and see if that makes a difference.
Old school tech wisdom.
Kamala Temple
So recently i've realized one of tables is hardly outputting any sound out of the left monitor. I'm not sure if its the ground or one of the RCA's. Any suggestions? When I pan to the right monitor it sounds perfect but the left is maybe half as loud. If I need to replace the RCA's im believeing about just doing a full overhaul and self grounding them as well. Any input helps, thanks in advance .

Side note: I have a pair of MK5's if it matters.
Syreeta Piela
I replaced my RCA cables in both my 1210's last week which was pretty easy. Plenty of tutorials online if you've tried everything else suggested.
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by dripstep
take a pencil eraser, put it inside your tonearm, and twist it around to clean off any corrosion. Blow out any debris, connect your headshell, make sure its seated properly, and see if that makes a difference.
Old school tech wisdom.
Yong Aptekar
Might just be the connection between your headshell and tonearm. Bad contact and you will get low output, a wonky timecode signal, or dropouts in the audio signal. Don't lick the contacts, take a pencil eraser, put it inside your tonearm, and twist it around to clean off any corrosion. Blow out any debris, connect your headshell, make sure its seated properly, and see if that makes a difference.
Doreen Schurle
Have a look at the VU meters on the mixer; should be roughly even on both channels. If not, you've got a signal issue somewhere; either in your cabling or in your cartridge/shell. If they ARE even, then the issue is either in the mixer or the speakers.
Brunilda Kora
Maybe it's the speaker...
Shan Bauerly
Clean the contacts on the headshell and the RCAs. Ensure the ground is making contact.
Bryon Taglieri
It could be just the needles couple and uncouple the cartridge it may fix it
Emelina Chillson
Ensure that its not your needle. Swap needles and clean the contacts.
Ensure its not your mixer. Try the same turntable on different mixer channels.
Ensure its not the ground. unplug the ground and hold the contact with your fingers. You should hear a hum variance beteen the two channels (do this in the headphones not wiht your speakers).
Kamala Temple
Whats good dude? I'll try it on Tsp tomorrow morning. Was playing regular vinyl before. Tried a diff channel, same thing. Needles should be fine, ill try that after I run traktor.
Albertina Fay
sup BuRdTurd:

you sure it's the RCA's? have you tested on another channel on the mixer? swap needles?

are you using timecode on Traktor or Serato? It will tell you if a left or right input not working.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy