Kam KCD550 worth my money?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Kam KCD550 worth my money?Reply
Kam KCD550 worth my money?
Posted on: 14.05.2013 by Wynell Muma
Now, everywhere I look everyone says 'Stick with Pioneer' because clubs play out using Pioneer and that's all very well said, but I'm an 18 year old student and Currently I have A novation Twitch Controller. I am however looking to step up my game and play cdjs but I'm on a very tight budget, so I've researched and I've came across these: Kam KCD550. Has anyone got any experience playing with these? And do you believe they are a good buy for a beginners cdjs? I can Pick up one for
Wynell Muma
hahah I found bought Numark tt1610 turntables and a Pioneer DJM - 300 mixer on ebay for
Wynell Muma
hahah I found bought Numark tt1610 turntables and a Pioneer DJM - 300 mixer on ebay for
Wynell Muma
Wynell Muma
Wynell Muma
Wynell Muma
Originally Posted by Sushi
Check out the pioneer refurb site. They've got CDJs. 200s 900s and 1Ks right now.
Could you link me the Refurb site?
Gaynell Rydberg
TSP2 is required for Traktor to read in the vinyl (special Traktor vinyl). Otherwise they'd just be treated as external sources.
Wynell Muma
This just makes the whole thing sweeter! I'm guessing you use both vinyl and TSP2 simultaneously?
Gaynell Rydberg
Traktor Scratch Pro 2 to turn your system into a DVS. You can play all your digital songs this way.
Wynell Muma
Nah man, I don't have either, just gunna be starting from fresh, whats a TSP2 lol? noobish question I know but I was on a novation twitch before this, I'll build my collection up over time anyway
Gaynell Rydberg
Decent deal!

Do you have TSP2 already and a scratch sound card? Or do you already have a large vinyl collection.
Wynell Muma
Alphonso Deitchman
The CDJ 800 Mk2 is a solid CD player in that price range.
Inez Peikert
OK so nobody has any experience with the KAM KCD 550? i was going to start a new thread until i've found this discussion.

i'm looking for a solid cd player for home use, good jog wheel in the price range like numark ndx 400 and kam kcd 550 - there aren't any other alternatives atm.

please no recommendation, just experiences.

thank you
Dedra Kreinbring
Another option is check out the thread here on the pioneer XDJ-R1.

Looks like you can run CDs, USB and also stream songs over wifi, all with rekordbox.

Seems to me like the perfect practice home setup, but unfortunately I believe they are going to price it too high.
Alphonso Deitchman
Seems to be US only unfortunately..

There are plenty of used CDJs around the UK at least.
Wynell Muma
Originally Posted by Sushi
Check out the pioneer refurb site. They've got CDJs. 200s 900s and 1Ks right now.
Could you link me the Refurb site?
Kristofer Krauel
Good point. And I agree. I wish there were more controllers like that. I've never used an EKS OTUS, but the idea of that controller really appeals to me for that exact reason. Now that music collections are more laptop based rather than physical media I believe there is a gap in the market for CDJ "style" midi controllers. The OTUS didnt seem to take off though and I don't understand why.

KS2, I totally understand what you are getting at. And personal opinion is EXACTLY that, and everyone is entitled to their own. Peoples exeriences differ and its good to be prepared.
Alphonso Deitchman
If none of the hardware matters, there'd be no point in getting CDJs at all. Just buy a MIDI controller with long pitch faders for half the cost of a basic CDJ set.
Latina Samon
I'm just saying how I felt and would feel having not played out before again. You're right though, the mixer is more important.
Kristofer Krauel
Makar1, I kind of get what you mean but come on pitch bending is pitch bending. You would become accustomed to the differences within your first mix.

KS2, seriously?! The jog wheel, pitch slider and play/pause buttons are in the identical place on each machine. I'd be more worried about the mixer than the CD players. I've never understood this believeing.
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Lets not try and make out like its difficult to get comfortable with a play button, jogwheel and pitch slider. Anything with these three things will get you "comfortable" enough with a club booth environment.

That said the pioneer 800's are decent if you use CDs or timecode. Whereas the stantons are a smaller unit but have USB input and are midi mappable. I'd personally buy the stantons for their greater usage options.
It's not difficult but it's a lot less stressful the first time you step in to a club to play in front of a few hundred people, knowing that you know exactly what to expect. Most smaller to medium clubs/evening s round here will have 1000s so not much point bothering with USB yet in my opinion, unless he wants to have to burn a shed load of CDs later on down the line or start using timecode then. That is if he does want to be looking at playing out soonish.
If not, something USB compatible is definitely worth looking into further as burning and labelling CDs is no fun.
Alphonso Deitchman
Pitch bending is going to be a little different on the Stantons at least, partly due to the smaller jog wheel.
Kristofer Krauel
Lets not try and make out like its difficult to get comfortable with a play button, jogwheel and pitch slider. Anything with these three things will get you "comfortable" enough with a club booth environment.

That said the pioneer 800's are decent if you use CDs or timecode. Whereas the stantons are a smaller unit but have USB input and are midi mappable. I'd personally buy the stantons for their greater usage options.
Aleta Afman
Latina Samon
I've just sold a pair of 800mk2s for
Wynell Muma
The pioneers seem very appealing, although I would like to see what peoples opinions on the Stanton compared to the Pioneers?
Emelina Chillson
If you are on a budget, I would highly recommend the Stanton CMP-800's.

They run about
Wynell Muma
Thanks bro, Didn't know about these, seen a decent pair on ebay, gunna look to buy some!
Alphonso Deitchman
If you look around, you can pick up a Pioneer CDJ 800 Mk2 for around

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy