CDJ 1000 Mk2 via VCI 400 Soundcard

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 1000 Mk2 via VCI 400 SoundcardReply
CDJ 1000 Mk2 via VCI 400 Soundcard
Posted on: 20.05.2013 by Alyse Zaniewski
Hey everyone,
I recently got two CDJ1000 Mk2's and hooked them up to my c and d decks on my vestax vci 400 ege I got from DJTT a few months ago. Playback functionality with the time coded CDs worked but there were some issues with tempo and calibration failed. I noticed that traktor believes they are vinyl cause of this calibration image:
scope_05.jpg

and usually if you use the NI audio interface you can flip a switch to change from cdj to vinyl and vice versa, but on the vci400 there is no switch... Is there a way to use them or do I need to fork over some more money for a sound card?

Thanks,
Steve
Alyse Zaniewski
Originally Posted by padi_04
Only NI soundcards or certified mixers support timecode. Unless you are using a pirate version of traktor you shouldn't even be able to use timecode.
My buddy gave me a copy of Traktor Scratch with the control CD's so connecting the CDJ's via my soundcard it does recognize them but fails calibration cause it believes its getting a vinyl code not a CDJ code.
Alyse Zaniewski
Hey everyone,
I recently got two CDJ1000 Mk2's and hooked them up to my c and d decks on my vestax vci 400 ege I got from DJTT a few months ago. Playback functionality with the time coded CDs worked but there were some issues with tempo and calibration failed. I noticed that traktor believes they are vinyl cause of this calibration image:
scope_05.jpg

and usually if you use the NI audio interface you can flip a switch to change from cdj to vinyl and vice versa, but on the vci400 there is no switch... Is there a way to use them or do I need to fork over some more money for a sound card?

Thanks,
Steve
Nedra Fresneda
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=153946
Alyse Zaniewski
Originally Posted by padi_04
Only NI soundcards or certified mixers support timecode. Unless you are using a pirate version of traktor you shouldn't even be able to use timecode.
My buddy gave me a copy of Traktor Scratch with the control CD's so connecting the CDJ's via my soundcard it does recognize them but fails calibration cause it believes its getting a vinyl code not a CDJ code.
Nedra Fresneda

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy