Turntable Anti Skate Issue

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Turntable Anti Skate IssueReply
Turntable Anti Skate Issue
Posted on: 22.05.2013 by Avis Lekic
I recently bough some ortofon pro s cartridges and fitted them to my numark tt200. I set the weight for the tone arm and did the balance thing and set the weight to zero then turned the weight to the tracking force recommeded for the ortofon (3g).

The issue is when doing the anti skate thing on the plain vinyl record it keeps going straight to the center even when its on full (ive also tried the setting the weight to zero then putting anti skate on full and it goes back to the holder , as it should)

I can play vinyls and they sound fine but I am worried that the anti skate is not correct and will wear the vinyl's down.
Avis Lekic
I recently bough some ortofon pro s cartridges and fitted them to my numark tt200. I set the weight for the tone arm and did the balance thing and set the weight to zero then turned the weight to the tracking force recommeded for the ortofon (3g).

The issue is when doing the anti skate thing on the plain vinyl record it keeps going straight to the center even when its on full (ive also tried the setting the weight to zero then putting anti skate on full and it goes back to the holder , as it should)

I can play vinyls and they sound fine but I am worried that the anti skate is not correct and will wear the vinyl's down.
Len Lukawski
Tone arm might be shagged. I'd ask a mod to move this post to the Turntable sub community .

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy