Rekordbox Hot Cues

Rekordbox Hot Cues
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Yong Celestino
Hi guys,

when I set Hotcues in Rekordbox, then export the songs to my USB, are the Hotcues saved? Because when I drag the song from my USB back to Rekordbox, the song is loaded but the Hotcues are gone. Does this mean that they also won't show up on a cdj?
Charlsie Carnduff
Originally Posted by brichi
anytime!
Hi, I have another problem with my hot cues. They are shown on the wave form of my cdj 2000, but the A-B-C buttoms don't light up so I can't use them! And I have set my settings of rekordbox in autoload of the hot cues..
Thanks for the help!
Yong Celestino
Hi guys,

when I set Hotcues in Rekordbox, then export the songs to my USB, are the Hotcues saved? Because when I drag the song from my USB back to Rekordbox, the song is loaded but the Hotcues are gone. Does this mean that they also won't show up on a cdj?
Alfredo Tooher
anytime!
Yong Celestino
Thank you very much!
Alfredo Tooher
you can definitely just set as you just did, Just didnt know if it was easier for you to do them one by one from the usb drive tracks or reformat and try and transfer again. Whatever is easier for you will work.

Just keep in mind if the place has the 2000MK1, you have to "call up" the ABC cues if you dont already know that by holding down the "CALL/REC" button and then once the hot cue is flashing that you set, hit it to load
Yong Celestino
I tried the first step and it worked! But do I really need to format or can I just set the cues like described in step 1?
Alfredo Tooher
Rekordbox makes it's own database as you set cues and memory points, the data is not saved on the actual MP3, the database is created on the local machine AND on a usb drive when you export tracks. When you export a track to USB the memory points and cues come over with it, if you load the usb track in RB and the cues do not show up, then something is wrong and they will not show up on the CDJ when you try and call them up. I would try 2 things as test

1. try loading a song from the usb into the RB player, set the cue points or hot cues, eject the drive, plug it back in and try loading that same track to see if they saved, could be "write" issue on the folder

2. if that works, then maybe finish updating the cues you want locally, format the usb drive so it's completely blank and re-export and see if they come over now

also make sure you update to 2.0.7, Some people complained about this same issue in previous versions although I never personally had this issue, at any point I update a hot cue, exported to usb and it updated the track so i am not sure where the problem lies for some people with the issue

lastly, make sure your drive is formatted FAT and not NTFS, some drives by default are NTFS and will not work with the cdj's, only FAT, FAT32, HFS+ (Mac file system) are supported
Yong Celestino
No that is a bit of a problem. I dont actually own cdj's. I use Rekordbox for when I have to play in clubs. What do you mean by database files?
Alphonso Deitchman
The cuepoints saved are probably stored in the database files rather than the MP3s themselves. Have you tried loading them onto an actual CDJ?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy