CDJ's to Traktor

CDJ's to Traktor
Posted on: 25.06.2013 by Hellen Mindrup
I do not use any mixing software at the moment, I want to incorporate Traktor mainly to record my mixes... I'll get an X1 and all that later on down the road.. But if I were to do this, is my best bet just buying a NI audio card?

Are there any other alternatives, or cheaper soundcards I can use?
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Era 7
traktor pro yes. you will need traktor SCRATCH pro and a soundcard that supports timecode, which the audio does not.

either way it is a waste since since what you are trying to do can already be accomplished with your existing gear.
Meh I grabbed it since it was only $40 bucks, I doubt I'll have any issue just reselling it. Looks like I need at least an Audio 6 to do what I want.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Jester
pick up an audio 6, that way you get full dvs capability if you want to go that route, otherwise your only option is a second hand audio 4 or similar card with inputs if you want to record through traktor.
I grabbed an audio 2 with traktor software on eBay just now for $45... You telling me that was a waste? Either way it was a steal in my book for that price
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by Kwal
I found a nice one for about 50 bucks... I'll buy it today.

Will I need to upgrade it if I ever decide to add more gear? Example being an X1, F1, etc.

Yes I am, I currently record out of my mixer with an RCA to 1/8th inch using Audacity, but I don't like doing that. From what I understand, recording through Traktor will generate my MP3 at 320 quality, not 128 like Audacity. That's my main concern.
audacity produces whatever format you like. you just have to change the settings when you export your file. 128kbps is just the stock setting for mp3 export. it can be changed to 320kbps.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
The more units you add, the more channels you'll need. So yes.
So maybe an Audio 4 would be more ideal....
Hellen Mindrup

Will I need to upgrade it if I ever decide to add more gear? Example being an X1, F1, etc.

woah woah, hold up. you are aware that you can already can record externally, are you?
Yes I am, I currently record out of my mixer with an RCA to 1/8th inch using Audacity, but I don't like doing that. From what I understand, recording through Traktor will generate my MP3 at 320 quality, not 128 like Audacity. That's my main concern.
Hellen Mindrup
I do not use any mixing software at the moment, I want to incorporate Traktor mainly to record my mixes... I'll get an X1 and all that later on down the road.. But if I were to do this, is my best bet just buying a NI audio card?

Are there any other alternatives, or cheaper soundcards I can use?
Gaynell Rydberg
Audio 10 is stupid expensive. I don't know why anyone feels the need to buy those things.

You can get an audio 8 for half the price fairly easily.
Alphonso Deitchman
Overkill unless you're certain about using more than 3 decks.
Hellen Mindrup
Might as well go big and get the Audio 10
Federico Vilas
I like recording into traktor b/c it is easier for me to adjust levels to match other songs in my library
Crystal Lounsbery
If you only want to record your mixes (played on cdj's/vinyl I assume), aren't you better off with a handheld recorder?
Hellen Mindrup
traktor pro yes. you will need traktor SCRATCH pro and a soundcard that supports timecode, which the audio does not.

either way it is a waste since since what you are trying to do can already be accomplished with your existing gear.
Meh I grabbed it since it was only $40 bucks, I doubt I'll have any issue just reselling it. Looks like I need at least an Audio 6 to do what I want.
Tesha Freudenstein

Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Jester
pick up an audio 6, that way you get full dvs capability if you want to go that route, otherwise your only option is a second hand audio 4 or similar card with inputs if you want to record through traktor.
I grabbed an audio 2 with traktor software on eBay just now for $45... You telling me that was a waste? Either way it was a steal in my book for that price
Latoria Kavulich
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by Kwal

audacity produces whatever format you like. you just have to change the settings when you export your file. 128kbps is just the stock setting for mp3 export. it can be changed to 320kbps.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
So maybe an Audio 4 would be more ideal....
Marcelina Hanaway
Hellen Mindrup

woah woah, hold up. you are aware that you can already can record externally, are you?
Tesha Freudenstein
Marcelina Hanaway
I believe an Audio 2 would be just fine for you. You could probably grab one for $50-$100 on Craigslist.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy