Dj mag Top 100 djs

Dj mag Top 100 djs
Posted on: 22.10.2013 by Luciano Hyppolite
http://www.djmag.com/top100

Lolz

Never cared about this "top 100", but the fact that John Digweed or Sasha, are not listed, well, speaks for itself.
I know its a popularity contests around all the EDM hype but, well, its just a pity.

A guy who can play a show for 6+ hours without any club banger, touring the whole world while realeasing a 3cd album of superior quality music, making a weekly radio show and managing a label, in my opinion at least deserves a spot there.

I know, I'm bored, I'd like to know your opinions, trying to maintain this discussion civilized.

Who do you believe is not listed should be in your "Top Dj list", why?

Cheers!
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I was just scrolling the list and saw Tenashar, thought who's that? She's hot. Then I googled her. She is hot. She also has a really good PR team. Then heard her mashup of Animals and Adagio for Strings. She's not very hot anymore.
woah...she's super hot...
Hank Guidas
Originally Posted by enorjy
resident advisor list is mostly the noncommercial, and dj mag is mostly commercial, accurate or not I cant say. Seth Troxler being #1 last year wasnt accurate to me but he apparently played the most gigs out of everyone.
That is true when believeing about it. Hmm
Rochel Papillion
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I do 6 gigs a week at the moment and usually no less that 4, every week of every year for the last 10+ years. I should be top of the list every bloody year
i believe ur gigs have to have some correlation with resident advisor
nayit ruiz jaramillo
but he apparently played the most gigs out of everyone.
I do 6 gigs a week at the moment and usually no less that 4, every week of every year for the last 10+ years. I should be top of the list every bloody year
Rochel Papillion
Originally Posted by Dohjo
Resident Advisor also release a yearly top 100 which is pretty accurate
resident advisor list is mostly the noncommercial, and dj mag is mostly commercial, accurate or not I cant say. Seth Troxler being #1 last year wasnt accurate to me but he apparently played the most gigs out of everyone.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by AllDay
No ableton pre sets allowed, only cdj's and technics!
Cdj's and technics don't make a good DJ.

I don't have a problem with this list. It's a huge commercial popularity contest which is fine by me. People have the option to vote for other dj's. It is what it is. There are some awful dj's in the list in my opinion but there is also some talent (granted you have to get past say the top 20 to find it).

Everybody has different tastes though. I'd have liked to see Jody Wisternoff, Jaytech and copyright in this list but hey I'm just one man and my vote wouldn't count for much.
Tera Baragan
one way to deal with this would b to have the commercial djs and djs with talent play at same venue at same time lol, shit would be funny
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Patch
Check out DJ Yoda's Top 100.

Most of my fan's are in there...
Yodas list is so much better and he even put himself in the list!

Putting hardwell as the best dj in the world up there with people that have been caught with the cdjs not even plugged in is just another way that edm and the mainstream are a joke :/

It bothers me that aoki is comming to my town and I have to promote it :'( I dont have a choice.
Luciano Hyppolite
http://www.djmag.com/top100

Lolz

Never cared about this "top 100", but the fact that John Digweed or Sasha, are not listed, well, speaks for itself.
I know its a popularity contests around all the EDM hype but, well, its just a pity.

A guy who can play a show for 6+ hours without any club banger, touring the whole world while realeasing a 3cd album of superior quality music, making a weekly radio show and managing a label, in my opinion at least deserves a spot there.

I know, I'm bored, I'd like to know your opinions, trying to maintain this discussion civilized.

Who do you believe is not listed should be in your "Top Dj list", why?

Cheers!
Rochel Papillion
another funny thing is how the dj mag top 100 is mostly dutch n swedish djs

and resident advisor is full of germans and brits

the is only two people that made both list; carl cox n ritchie hawtin
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I was just scrolling the list and saw Tenashar, thought who's that? She's hot. Then I googled her. She is hot. She also has a really good PR team. Then heard her mashup of Animals and Adagio for Strings. She's not very hot anymore.
woah...she's super hot...
Hank Guidas
That is true when believeing about it. Hmm
Lakeesha Storman
Rochel Papillion
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
i believe ur gigs have to have some correlation with resident advisor
nayit ruiz jaramillo
but he apparently played the most gigs out of everyone.
Rochel Papillion
Originally Posted by Dohjo
Hank Guidas
Nga Mcquarter
It's no longer "Top 100 DJs", it is "Top 100 dutch guys with songs that rock drunk bitches in tomorrowland", but we all knew that longtime.

EDIT: In fact, if they're gonna make a list of dutch electro guys, I miss Don Diablo. He's been working really hard in 2013, has signed through Axtone and Spinnin, I believe he's doing a soundtrack now... He doesn't sound like Hardwell or Nicky Romero or whatsoever.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Same Shit - Different Year.

I'd rather read a list of the 100 Best Selling Wallpapers (as in the stuff that goes on walls not computer screens).
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by AllDay
Cdj's and technics don't make a good DJ.

I don't have a problem with this list. It's a huge commercial popularity contest which is fine by me. People have the option to vote for other dj's. It is what it is. There are some awful dj's in the list in my opinion but there is also some talent (granted you have to get past say the top 20 to find it).

Everybody has different tastes though. I'd have liked to see Jody Wisternoff, Jaytech and copyright in this list but hey I'm just one man and my vote wouldn't count for much.
Rolanda Clodfelder
DJ mag top 100 = Dj's with the biggest Demographic, Biggest tours and hence biggest number of votes & as a result Highest paid for yet another year.

one way to deal with this would b to have the commercial djs and djs with talent play at same venue at same time lol, shit would be funny
Well that would depend on the crowd now wouldn't it

... not to mention there are plenty of commercial DJ's with talent, including lots of regular posters here.
Tera Baragan
Rochel Papillion
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Patch

Yodas list is so much better and he even put himself in the list!

Putting hardwell as the best dj in the world up there with people that have been caught with the cdjs not even plugged in is just another way that edm and the mainstream are a joke :/

It bothers me that aoki is comming to my town and I have to promote it :'( I dont have a choice.
Brunilda Kora

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy