Original Technics Headshells

Home :: Marketplace :: Original Technics HeadshellsReply
Original Technics Headshells
Posted on: 13.07.2013 by Wilson Durrum
I bought my 1st Technics 1200 M3D a few weeks ago and my 2nd this week. The 1st one did not come with a headshell but the 2nd one did. I have a Stanton headshell with the Shure M44-7 catridge on the 1st one and will probably get the same for the 2nd for when I practice but I would like to get more of the original Technics headshells for when I play out. Let me know if you have any for sell and how much you want for them shipped to 28027. Thanks!
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
KABUSA sells original Technics headshells if you don't mind buying new.

http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/

25 bucks.

Lots of people on Audiokarma have measured the weight of the American DJ headshell, and it's pretty much the same. Maybe 2-3g heavier/lighter. Can't remember.
Thanks for the website link. $25 is a good price for one since a new Stanton is about the same from Guitar Center. I have been watching Ebay and there are a few deals there if you keep a watch on them.
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by Patch
Not a good idea. Slight changes in position of the needle will cause uneven wear. Potentially shortening the life of the needle, and your records.

Guess I will be looking for another Technics headshell to replace the Stanton.

I hope you're right, mate. But experience tells me otherwise.

I'm with you on the Technics headshells. I've always paid extra to have Technics headshells - but there's certainly better things to spend money on...
You are probably right but since I need to buy headshells I dont mind paying a little more to get original gear .
Wilson Durrum
I bought my 1st Technics 1200 M3D a few weeks ago and my 2nd this week. The 1st one did not come with a headshell but the 2nd one did. I have a Stanton headshell with the Shure M44-7 catridge on the 1st one and will probably get the same for the 2nd for when I practice but I would like to get more of the original Technics headshells for when I play out. Let me know if you have any for sell and how much you want for them shipped to 28027. Thanks!
Lashay Walchak
pm'd. sorry about the couple of day delay. gone golfin
Wilson Durrum
Yes I am still looking. Do they have the Shure M44-7 cartridges on them? That is what I am using and want to stick with those. Let me know how much you are asking shipped to Charlotte, NC and the condition of them.
Lashay Walchak
You still need these? I've got 4 sets. Could include cartridge for a few more bucks. PM me!
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50

25 bucks.

Lots of people on Audiokarma have measured the weight of the American DJ headshell, and it's pretty much the same. Maybe 2-3g heavier/lighter. Can't remember.
Thanks for the website link. $25 is a good price for one since a new Stanton is about the same from Guitar Center. I have been watching Ebay and there are a few deals there if you keep a watch on them.
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by Patch
Not a good idea. Slight changes in position of the needle will cause uneven wear. Potentially shortening the life of the needle, and your records.

Guess I will be looking for another Technics headshell to replace the Stanton.

I'm with you on the Technics headshells. I've always paid extra to have Technics headshells - but there's certainly better things to spend money on...
You are probably right but since I need to buy headshells I dont mind paying a little more to get original gear .
Gaynell Rydberg

25 bucks.

Brunilda Kora
I will be using the same catridge all the time, only the headshell would be different.

When I am out my gear does not leave my site so I am not worried about someone stealing anything.

Wilson Durrum
I will be using the same catridge all the time, only the headshell would be different.

I just want the Technics headshells so I can keep the original look. When I am out my gear does not leave my site so I am not worried about someone stealing anything.
Brunilda Kora
Mate - I'd advise AGAINST using a different headshell/cart combo for practice and playing out. Use the same all the time.

There's no real reason to buy Technics headshells anyway - cheap, plain ebay ones are just as good, and cheaper to replace when you lose (or someone steals) your headshells and carts. And they will get lost/stolen if you play out.

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy