Were to buy buttons and faders

Home :: Marketplace :: Were to buy buttons and fadersReply
Were to buy buttons and faders
Posted on: 17.09.2013 by Rutha Otieno
Hi, I want to make my own controller but I don't know where to buy buttons and faders. I'm located in Canada and I would like to have the cheapest pieces but with a relatively good quality.

I've picked up the names in the midi fighter X contest assets :
Toggle switch
Rectangular silicon Button
Stepped encoder
Mini fader
Cross fader
Arcade button
Endless Potentiometer with 11 led display

*can be other similar parts
Rutha Otieno
Here's the list of the parts i want:

Component Descriptions 2.jpgComponent Descriptions.jpg

In this list, I cant find the rectangular button and the toggle switch so if you can find them give me the links!

Thank you
Rutha Otieno
Hi, I want to make my own controller but I don't know where to buy buttons and faders. I'm located in Canada and I would like to have the cheapest pieces but with a relatively good quality.

I've picked up the names in the midi fighter X contest assets :
Toggle switch
Rectangular silicon Button
Stepped encoder
Mini fader
Cross fader
Arcade button
Endless Potentiometer with 11 led display

*can be other similar parts
Giovanni Kandell
digikey and mouser are both good sites, but you have to know how to be specific about it.
if you're interested, i have a bunch of diy stuff id sell you for cheap, arcade buttons (8 red 8 green 8 blue 8 purple), two potentiometers, a toggle switch, ribbon wires not in photo i have a midi fighter classic but the board only works 50% of the time, however it till has the faceplate you could use if youre into that. pm me if you interested, id be intrigued to see your disign plan. im kyle btw.
Rutha Otieno
Here's the list of the parts i want:

Component Descriptions 2.jpgComponent Descriptions.jpg

In this list, I cant find the rectangular button and the toggle switch so if you can find them give me the links!

Thank you
Olimpia Briden
www.sparkfun.com is a fantastic resource for tinkerers, they'll have rotary encoders with led rings on a little breakout board :-)

https://www.sparkfun.com/search/resu...&what=products

not exactly the cheapest but great for wiring diagrams and ideas and if you cba to make your own pcbs.

ebay is good for rotary encoders too, dirt cheap, $1 a piece but it depends if you want to wait for shipping from china.

same for the sanwa buttons, djranking s, ebay or any of the arcade supplies stores in north america.
Jamal Cubangbang
Mouser is also a good place to look. I've purchased faders from them to rebuild a Livid Ohm (Mouser was recommended by Livid as well). The slide potentiometers I used are here.

Livid can be on the high-end of price, but I can't recommend them enough. Even if you're not purchasing, the folks there can be a great resource.
Rae Beachy
digikey.com has a massive supply of parts for cheap (faders, pots, buttons, encoders, etc). Also try your local electronics store if you have one.

Cheap arcade buttons can be found by searching sanwa arcade buttons in Google, or can be purchased from DJTT fairly cheaply.

There are very few practical uses in a controller for an endless potentiometer (also called a servo pot), what you want is a rotary encoder with an led ring.

Pretty sure livid makes one that's easy to use with their livid brain (not cheap), Ive certainly seen generic encoders with built in led rings on the internet, just be prepared to do some coding on a teensy or similar device to drive the leds.

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy