DJ Anski's Setup.

DJ Anski's Setup.
Posted on: 25.11.2011 by Phylis Lebby

I'm constantly changing the setup as I experiment more, and I have an urge to always photograph the gear, so here's to a long and hopefully well-documented journey through my techmusical endeavors.

This particular setup, I was launching loops and audio bites in ableton, controlling beatmashing and filters for them using the KP3, and scratching in Traktor using the S4 (I desperately need turntables...).

I also was trying some chiptune/nintendo mash-ups in Traktor, while launching game noises/samples using the launchpad and Ableton. Fun stuff. :]
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Ernest399
Extremely sharp, I was gonna scream HDR. Love the pic.
Thanks so much! It ended up being a single long-exposure shot, with the colors and clarity cranked up for that HDR look.
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Jaydon34
Nice setup and you have by far one of the nicest websites I've seen in a while. Clean and Classy I LIKE!!!
I really appreciate that! It's really just a flavors.me shell and a little HTML magic, I highly recommend using them for a quick/cheap DJ website.
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Kennedy503
Micahhhhhh
Well, well, well! If it isn't the man who sold me these beautiful tables? Feeling any seller's remorse yet, Kennedy? Hahaha
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
Lucky sod When I try to take pictures of my setup using a tripod I get no ambient light from the outside, so I end up with really harsh light from the buttons, and for some reason edges & corners tend to look a little soft... Maybe it's time to get a new tripod <.<
Do you use the timer when you take the shot? Even the motion of pressing the button to take the photo can shake the camera enough to give some fuzz. I always use a remote or set a couple second timer so I have time to get my shaky mitts off the camera.

@Psyduder:

Thanks so much man! Ya warming my heart! :]
Evelyn Navarijo
Originally Posted by Micah
Thank you! I'm actually using a tripod and slow
shutter speed (4 seconds) to make jthe buttons glow like that, which is why you can't really see the traktor sticker on the vinyl, or waveforms on the computer. It was pretty dark in the room, but leaving the shutter open so long pulls in that pretty city golden light.
Lucky sod When I try to take pictures of my setup using a tripod I get no ambient light from the outside, so I end up with really harsh light from the buttons, and for some reason edges & corners tend to look a little soft... Maybe it's time to get a new tripod <.<
Georgiann Bayze
Thank you! Its the Crane Stand Pro! They are absolutely marvelous. I had to return my "Crane Standard" for an upgrade to the pro (watch out, crane standards are as adjustable as lightswitches), and they accidentally shipped me two. Best birthday ever.
Ahahaha very lucky
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Ernest399
Thanks so much! It ended up being a single long-exposure shot, with the colors and clarity cranked up for that HDR look.
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Jaydon34
Nice setup and you have by far one of the nicest websites I've seen in a while. Clean and Classy I LIKE!!!
I really appreciate that! It's really just a flavors.me shell and a little HTML magic, I highly recommend using them for a quick/cheap DJ website.
Tanner Adis
Phylis Lebby

The newest member of the Anski arsenal. We had too much fun with this one in the studio not to throw a model in with it.
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Kennedy503
Micahhhhhh
Well, well, well! If it isn't the man who sold me these beautiful tables? Feeling any seller's remorse yet, Kennedy? Hahaha
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
Do you use the timer when you take the shot? Even the motion of pressing the button to take the photo can shake the camera enough to give some fuzz. I always use a remote or set a couple second timer so I have time to get my shaky mitts off the camera.

@Psyduder:

Thanks so much man! Ya warming my heart! :]
Lessie Songy
nice nice nice nice and great mixes

Peace !
Evelyn Navarijo
shutter speed (4 seconds) to make jthe buttons glow like that, which is why you can't really see the traktor sticker on the vinyl, or waveforms on the computer. It was pretty dark in the room, but leaving the shutter open so long pulls in that pretty city golden light.
Malika Valde
Micahhhhhh
Phylis Lebby
Evelyn Navarijo
Nice pictures, are you using any "external" lighting for those, or is it ambient light + tripod only?
Georgiann Bayze
Thank you! Its the Crane Stand Pro! They are absolutely marvelous. I had to return my "Crane Standard" for an upgrade to the pro (watch out, crane standards are as adjustable as lightswitches), and they accidentally shipped me two. Best birthday ever.
Ahahaha very lucky
Phylis Lebby
Georgiann Bayze
Very nice setup what stand r u using for the novation launch pad ?
Phylis Lebby
Thanks, guys! I'm using a Canon Rebel T2i, and Adobe Lightroom 3 for editing. (I also do photography for a living, haha.)
Roxie Seldal
Originally Posted by micah

its growing. :]
nice!!
Patrica Giancaterino
I love your pics! What camera are you using?
Phylis Lebby

Its growing. :]
Phylis Lebby
Originally Posted by hightower93
do you have ableton synced up woth traktor? because i'm trouble with syncing the two programs up
Right now, I'm only running audio tracks through soundflower to use Ableton VSTs (Stutter Edit, etc.) on each deck, and launching one-shots. I don't really trust my computer to run both of them in full swing enough to risk a crash in the middle of a set, though.

Thanks, Machete!
Neva Sparacino
beautifull
Lakeshia Dampf
do you have ableton synced up woth traktor? because i'm trouble with syncing the two programs up
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by ToS
Agreed
DJ MENSAH
Maida Acra
Nice pic!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy