DJ Retro Blaze's Setup

DJ Retro Blaze's Setup
Posted on: 16.07.2012 by Eden Effland
Since my Pioneer RMX-1000 arrived today, I decided to take a few pics of my gear , in spite of my DJ area being in state of disarray:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

My main setup includes two Stanton ST.150 turntables, a Denon DN-X1600 mixer, a Pioneer RMX-1000 effect unit and a pair of Novation Dicers.

My secondary setup includes a Pioneer DDJ-T1, which is shown in the first picture, and an Akai MPD32 Controller.

Both setups are used with either a custom built desktop or Sony VAIO laptop PC running NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5, two KRK Rokit 8 G2 monitor speakers and Pioneer HDJ-1000K headphones.

I will post some more pictures after things are better organized, and when both setups are fully up and running. I am still considering various options, such as desks, tables, shelves, etc.
Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by DJ Retro Blaze
Unfortunately, when I purchased my dicers, the putty was not included. Since I ordered it online, I did not bother to send them back.

If I am not mistaken, the substance is wall putty and can be purchased at a hardware store. I will probably give it try.

Thanks for the feedback, dj_marv and dirtyjerzy.

Update:
I purchased some DAP BLUESTIK Reusable Adhesive Putty today, and the dicers are now properly placed on my turntables.
well done, i hope you like the placement alot better and that it works for you. tbh i was scared that the putty woulddnt last but almost 8 months on and its great even after being taken off re molded re fixed re whatevered
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by pmf2000
Nice setup

How do you like your RMX 1000?

Thanks for the feedback.

I love RMX-1000! It far more interesting than I anticipated, and I now understand why Pioneer labeled it as a remix station instead of an effect unit. A user can truly alter a track with it, and the controls are very intuitive. I can definitely see myself adding more flare to my DJ sets, in the future, with the RMX-1000.

I was offered a very good price for the unit, but I was unsure, at the time, whether or not it was worth the expense. Nevertheless, I decided to give it try. At this time, I would say I am more than pleased with the purchase.
Francene Klimmek
I wish Novation provided higher pads under the Dicers to prevent depression on the start/stop button, at the rear of the turntable, for non-Technic turntables.
I ve got the St150s too. Was in a dilemma Dicers vs Kontrol X1. Ended up getting the X1 cos I didn't know where to fit the dicers. I use Scratch Live too.

Read and Saw a picture somewhere about novation providing something to stick the dicers down on for non-technics TTs.

I saw a picture of a guys set up and he removed the 2nd play/pause button.
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
im not sure about traktor, bur serato allows you to offset the start of your control vinyl to offset cue burn
Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. I have been debating whether or not to purchase a SL4 box and switch to Serato.

I believe Traktor has the offset cue function, but the offset is in intervals of minutes instead of seconds, if I am not mistaken. I wish I could just offset it by 10 or 15 seconds.
Stefania Herb
LOL. Honestly, I had them for weeks, but they sat in the box until recently. At the moment, they are not a major part of my workflow. I mostly use them to hot cue to the beginning of loaded MP3 files, after I move the needle to another area of the control vinyl. I started doing this to minimize cue burn at the beginning of the control vinyl.

I wish Novation provided higher pads under the Dicers to prevent depression on the start/stop button, at the rear of the turntable, for non-Technic turntables.
im not sure about traktor, bur serato allows you to offset the start of your control vinyl to offset cue burn
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
Nice setup. I'm a fan of vinyl timecode. I saw your review on the Super OEM Audio Technica Turntable. If you can turn back time, would you get the Audio Technica instead of your current Stanton decks?
Not that I've played the Audio Technica but I guess the main difference (seeing as though they are both Super OEM) is the looks and the casing of the two. The Stanton has the heavy metal casing and the Audio Technica is a bit lighter. Oh and the AT has a spot for the 45 adapter.
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by Toban
your dicer look so alone in the corner
LOL. Honestly, I had them for weeks, but they sat in the box until recently. At the moment, they are not a major part of my workflow. I mostly use them to hot cue to the beginning of loaded MP3 files, after I move the needle to another area of the control vinyl. I started doing this to minimize cue burn at the beginning of the control vinyl.

Eden Effland
Originally Posted by Otacon
great setup man, I believe you're the first i've seen on here with a RMX
Thanks for the feedback, Otacon.

I must admit that I like the RMX-1000 more than I had anticipated, due to the fact that I rarely use effects. However, it can truly reinvent a track in a good or bad way, depending on the user. It is definitely going to take some time for me to fully utilize its possibilities in an effective manner.
Eden Effland
Since my Pioneer RMX-1000 arrived today, I decided to take a few pics of my gear , in spite of my DJ area being in state of disarray:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

My main setup includes two Stanton ST.150 turntables, a Denon DN-X1600 mixer, a Pioneer RMX-1000 effect unit and a pair of Novation Dicers.

My secondary setup includes a Pioneer DDJ-T1, which is shown in the first picture, and an Akai MPD32 Controller.

Both setups are used with either a custom built desktop or Sony VAIO laptop PC running NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5, two KRK Rokit 8 G2 monitor speakers and Pioneer HDJ-1000K headphones.

I will post some more pictures after things are better organized, and when both setups are fully up and running. I am still considering various options, such as desks, tables, shelves, etc.
Bethel Bourbina
Nice setup. I've had my RMX1000 for about 2 months now and I'm starting to play out at gigs with it already. I'm getting a lot of good feed back with it and other DJs are like what the hell is that. Check out my setup http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post500885
Stefania Herb
Unfortunately, when I purchased my dicers, the putty was not included. Since I ordered it online, I did not bother to send them back.

If I am not mistaken, the substance is wall putty and can be purchased at a hardware store. I will probably give it try.

Update:
I purchased some DAP BLUESTIK Reusable Adhesive Putty today, and the dicers are now properly placed on my turntables.
well done, i hope you like the placement alot better and that it works for you. tbh i was scared that the putty woulddnt last but almost 8 months on and its great even after being taken off re molded re fixed re whatevered
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by pmf2000
Nice setup

Thanks for the feedback.

I love RMX-1000! It far more interesting than I anticipated, and I now understand why Pioneer labeled it as a remix station instead of an effect unit. A user can truly alter a track with it, and the controls are very intuitive. I can definitely see myself adding more flare to my DJ sets, in the future, with the RMX-1000.

I was offered a very good price for the unit, but I was unsure, at the time, whether or not it was worth the expense. Nevertheless, I decided to give it try. At this time, I would say I am more than pleased with the purchase.
Evelia Weinsheimer
Nice setup

Eden Effland

Update:
Stefania Herb
The dicers come with "dj putty" so u can stick the dicers to any surface. The 45 adaptor for Tech 1200 is removable. I have Numark TTX1 and the dicers fit fine with the putty and dont move even under hard button mashin sessions
Francene Klimmek
I ve got the St150s too. Was in a dilemma Dicers vs Kontrol X1. Ended up getting the X1 cos I didn't know where to fit the dicers. I use Scratch Live too.

Read and Saw a picture somewhere about novation providing something to stick the dicers down on for non-technics TTs.

I saw a picture of a guys set up and he removed the 2nd play/pause button.
Ok Moroski
If you're spinning in relative mode then cue offset is irrelevant. Nice setup btw. I'd love to get my hands on an RMX - they look like a lot of fun.
Stefania Herb
seratos offset is by record rotation if i remember correctly, ssl has a setting that allows you to drop to the start of the track or first cue point everytime you drop the needle to the record so i very rarely end up havin my needle at the start of the control tone.... but nice set up homez !
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. I have been debating whether or not to purchase a SL4 box and switch to Serato.

I believe Traktor has the offset cue function, but the offset is in intervals of minutes instead of seconds, if I am not mistaken. I wish I could just offset it by 10 or 15 seconds.
Stefania Herb

Ming Devis
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
Nice setup. I'm a fan of vinyl timecode. I saw your review on the Super OEM Audio Technica Turntable. If you can turn back time, would you get the Audio Technica instead of your current Stanton decks?
Not that I've played the Audio Technica but I guess the main difference (seeing as though they are both Super OEM) is the looks and the casing of the two. The Stanton has the heavy metal casing and the Audio Technica is a bit lighter. Oh and the AT has a spot for the 45 adapter.
Rena Estabrook
My bad. I thought you were the same guy. Thanks though.
Eden Effland
Hi HighTopFade,

I believe you are referring to a Hip Hop DJ named DJ Blaze. He performs reviews at djbooth.net.

Based on his posts on another community , he seems like a very nice guy. If you send him an e-mail, at his djbooth.net address, I am sure he will respond.

Sorry I could not help further.
Rena Estabrook
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by Toban

Chas Pulley
Eden Effland
Originally Posted by Otacon
Thanks for the feedback, Otacon.

I must admit that I like the RMX-1000 more than I had anticipated, due to the fact that I rarely use effects. However, it can truly reinvent a track in a good or bad way, depending on the user. It is definitely going to take some time for me to fully utilize its possibilities in an effective manner.
Erich Vallabhaneni

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy