KINDAfast's Stuff

KINDAfast's Stuff
Posted on: 19.09.2012 by Orval Locascio
My stuff...

It doesn't seem like there is a lot of usage, or maybe liking of the 4TRAK here. After A LOT of research a few months ago I found this to be a very solid piece of kit. There are still so many threads popping up with topics regarding the S2 vs S4 vs some of the higher VCI's. I played with, poked and prodded all of higher end controllers including the DDJ-T1 (not the new Aero though) and found them to be MUCH LESS sound, construction wise than the 4TRAK. I know a ton of ppl use them and in no way do I wish to insult personal choices but maybe the majority of the stock was bought up a few years ago before there were any other decent controllers out there because those NI controllers feel like the are held together with rubber cement and a promise. Of course its all about whats on the inside...4TRAK seems superior to me there too.

I'm coming back into the DJ world after a 10 or so year hiatus, before the quality digital stuff came out so I'm used the conventional 1200's and analog mixers. Back then I wouldn't buy a Numark product with a gun to my head but now, even with money not being an issue like it was 10 years ago, I still decided on the 4TRAK...I sorta wish I went with maybe a Denon X1600 and scratch pro 2 since my technics just sit there but aside from the modular vs controller aspect, I love it. There are ZERO integration problems with Traktor. Even while running everything on a sub par 2GB, 1.83 macbook (nonPRO) I get non of the clipping or CPU crunches that others seem to report. It just works, all the time, exactly as it should, which works for me.
Orval Locascio
My stuff...

It doesn't seem like there is a lot of usage, or maybe liking of the 4TRAK here. After A LOT of research a few months ago I found this to be a very solid piece of kit. There are still so many threads popping up with topics regarding the S2 vs S4 vs some of the higher VCI's. I played with, poked and prodded all of higher end controllers including the DDJ-T1 (not the new Aero though) and found them to be MUCH LESS sound, construction wise than the 4TRAK. I know a ton of ppl use them and in no way do I wish to insult personal choices but maybe the majority of the stock was bought up a few years ago before there were any other decent controllers out there because those NI controllers feel like the are held together with rubber cement and a promise. Of course its all about whats on the inside...4TRAK seems superior to me there too.

I'm coming back into the DJ world after a 10 or so year hiatus, before the quality digital stuff came out so I'm used the conventional 1200's and analog mixers. Back then I wouldn't buy a Numark product with a gun to my head but now, even with money not being an issue like it was 10 years ago, I still decided on the 4TRAK...I sorta wish I went with maybe a Denon X1600 and scratch pro 2 since my technics just sit there but aside from the modular vs controller aspect, I love it. There are ZERO integration problems with Traktor. Even while running everything on a sub par 2GB, 1.83 macbook (nonPRO) I get non of the clipping or CPU crunches that others seem to report. It just works, all the time, exactly as it should, which works for me.
Margie Pavell
I. want. that. stool.

Where did you get it?
Laci Billingham
i like the idea of having one table out with the controller, for scratching and effects
Orval Locascio
thanks fellas. the other TT is in its case...just sittin' there. a shame really.
Ciara Cuttill
Nice choice on gear ... seems like you do your homework before your purchases ... where do you setup that second turntable???
Erich Vallabhaneni
super clean setup man, diggin it.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy