Posted on: 01.01.2013 by Ami Lele
Here is my first setup.
-Ableton Launchpad
-Traktor Kontrol S2
-AIAIAI Tma-1 beatport limited edition
-Macbook Pro 8gb ram.
Khadijah Bucker
Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey
What is the difference in the logo? Does my s2 have the new logo? And thx for the feedback
Look at the logos on the jog wheels do this compared to yours
http://blog.editorskeys.com/wp-conte...ive_L_1400.png

Only slightly different, but it's still the old logo which annoys me
Merideth Garnder
Thanks HigherFi, Before I bought I bought anything I drew out and thought of my setup for like 6 months... And demo'd gear. Finally I asked for it for christmas from my parents and it came. The setup does have a lot of potential I agree, I hope to incorporate some abelton into it ( I have most of Mad Zach's) packs. My next gear piece will be a maschine... But I have to 1) learn what I have 2) Decide whether to buy my friends MK1 for 200$ or a MK2 for 500.... any Ideas?
Just with Mad Zach's Sound Packs.....you can spend hours and hours loading up samples and getting used to using drum racks with the User 1 Mode with your Launchpad. The real fun is when you start getting a nice collection of samples and etc. and start layering on top of your sets.

I would just try to map out as many things you can with just the Launchpad alone in Ableton and get used to using it. Once you feel like you're hitting roadblock with the lack of knobs and faders (like I did), THEN look into maybe adding something else.

If you're not fully understanding how to map a LP, then the Maschine isn't going to help you any further in my opinion.
Ami Lele
Originally Posted by HigherFi
I have the MK2. It's really budget-oriented, I'd say. Fully contingent on "...the ease of which you acquire such funds." I don't believe for a second that the MK2 out performs the MK1 on any musical level. I asked for the old one - received the new one. You could get the MK1 and a copy of LOGIC for less than the MK2 and be covered up with potential for a very, very long time.
Who did you ask for the maschine 1 and got the MK2? What did they charge you? And I acquire money by... Waiting for the summer to get a job (I'm 14) or waiting to get gifts for christmas and my birthday which is tomorrow!
Ami Lele
For me, the decision would depend if NI make the jump with Maschine & the remix decks. The RGB pads are worth it, if they do. Then again, you can get a lot of plug ins with the money you save. I just got mine and am rather enamored with it.
Is yours a MK2 or MK1? So, which do you believe is a better idea?
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by Emery
The LP wont work with remix decks. So the TMA-1 Studio ear cups snap right into the DJ TMA's? Id be interested in that, but I can't find replacement ear cups on their site. any suggestions?
Just send Aiaiai an email.
Geri Jarra
Yeah, you won't get anywhere with remix decks and the Launchpad. You can map it to fire the track/sample in the top slot, like sample decks used to be, but that's it. You can, however, map some effects to it and use it like a midi fighter. I was just looking at your kit believeing how much power you actually have in such a compact rig. Pretty amazing what you can fit in a backpack. Check out Mad Zach's sound packs. TMA's with the over the ear urethane ear cups from the TMA1 Studio are also killer. They just snap right in. Nice rig.
The LP wont work with remix decks. So the TMA-1 Studio ear cups snap right into the DJ TMA's? Id be interested in that, but I can't find replacement ear cups on their site. any suggestions?
Geri Jarra
I believe I will use it like an F1...
In ableton?
Ami Lele
Here is my first setup.
-Ableton Launchpad
-Traktor Kontrol S2
-AIAIAI Tma-1 beatport limited edition
-Macbook Pro 8gb ram.
Khadijah Bucker
What is the difference in the logo? Does my s2 have the new logo? And thx for the feedback
Look at the logos on the jog wheels do this compared to yours
http://blog.editorskeys.com/wp-conte...ive_L_1400.png

Only slightly different, but it's still the old logo which annoys me
Merideth Garnder
Thanks HigherFi, Before I bought I bought anything I drew out and thought of my setup for like 6 months... And demo'd gear. Finally I asked for it for christmas from my parents and it came. The setup does have a lot of potential I agree, I hope to incorporate some abelton into it ( I have most of Mad Zach's) packs. My next gear piece will be a maschine... But I have to 1) learn what I have 2) Decide whether to buy my friends MK1 for 200$ or a MK2 for 500.... any Ideas?
Just with Mad Zach's Sound Packs.....you can spend hours and hours loading up samples and getting used to using drum racks with the User 1 Mode with your Launchpad. The real fun is when you start getting a nice collection of samples and etc. and start layering on top of your sets.

I would just try to map out as many things you can with just the Launchpad alone in Ableton and get used to using it. Once you feel like you're hitting roadblock with the lack of knobs and faders (like I did), THEN look into maybe adding something else.

If you're not fully understanding how to map a LP, then the Maschine isn't going to help you any further in my opinion.
Ami Lele
I have the MK2. It's really budget-oriented, I'd say. Fully contingent on "...the ease of which you acquire such funds." I don't believe for a second that the MK2 out performs the MK1 on any musical level. I asked for the old one - received the new one. You could get the MK1 and a copy of LOGIC for less than the MK2 and be covered up with potential for a very, very long time.
Who did you ask for the maschine 1 and got the MK2? What did they charge you? And I acquire money by... Waiting for the summer to get a job (I'm 14) or waiting to get gifts for christmas and my birthday which is tomorrow!
Shan Bauerly
Ami Lele
For me, the decision would depend if NI make the jump with Maschine & the remix decks. The RGB pads are worth it, if they do. Then again, you can get a lot of plug ins with the money you save. I just got mine and am rather enamored with it.
Is yours a MK2 or MK1? So, which do you believe is a better idea?
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by Emery
Just send Aiaiai an email.
Dick Korus
I wasn't too happy with my machine...but thats just me, Im believeing about getting a 3d to replace it now, LOVE midi fighters!
Shan Bauerly
Geri Jarra
Yeah, you won't get anywhere with remix decks and the Launchpad. You can map it to fire the track/sample in the top slot, like sample decks used to be, but that's it. You can, however, map some effects to it and use it like a midi fighter. I was just looking at your kit believeing how much power you actually have in such a compact rig. Pretty amazing what you can fit in a backpack. Check out Mad Zach's sound packs. TMA's with the over the ear urethane ear cups from the TMA1 Studio are also killer. They just snap right in. Nice rig.
Ami Lele
Shan Bauerly
Ami Lele
Nice, Thanks for the tips... Abelton ( launchpad edition at least) is very over-welming and frustrating for me. How did u learn it? And that gig is nice... I am not trying to downstage you, but I just found out yesterday, from one of my friends that he knows someone who opened up for hardwell recently and I was soooo jelous. The kid is 15 ahhaah
Merideth Garnder
Well I see that you have the JWill's Midifighter mapping on your LP. I don't believe you can map the LP to do what the F1 does in controlling the remix decks.....I've been trying that for a while and gave up....

You should really look into controlling Ableton with the LP and getting in control of Ableton's drum racks and effects racks.....takes a little research but it's improved my sets and the creative process a whole lot!

We opened for Norman Doray and Funkagenda at Avalon Hollywood a couple of weeks ago and even they were asking about some of our live performance techniques.....although they kicked ass on CDJs!!
Ami Lele
No in traktor
Ami Lele
Khadijah Bucker
looks good, love the headphones and cap combination.
wonder if you can buy the platters with the new ttraktor logo separately, my s4 has the old logos
Geri Jarra
In ableton?
Ami Lele
Claire Auyeung
Great starter kit!
Are you using ableton and Traktor on the same system?
Or do you use the launchpad for other things?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy