Kieran's "I Don't Have A Cool Name For My Setup" Setup

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Kieran's "I Don't Have A Cool Name For My Setup" SetupReply
Kieran's "I Don't Have A Cool Name For My Setup" Setup
Posted on: 19.05.2013 by Johanna Eggerson
May 19, 2013:

SETUP:
  • 2 X Pioneer CDJ-850-W
  • Pioneer DJM-850-W
  • Pioneer HDJ-1500 Headphones (Silver)
  • M-AUDIO Trigger Finger
  • 2012 13 Inch Macbook Pro (running Traktor Pro 2.5)

The desk is an EXPEDIT bookshelf from IKEA, which I still have intentions of building up after reading the article on DJTT. (I believe we all know the article I am talking about.)

That's it... For now.
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by neogeo
how are you using them? in midi mode or thru timecode? have you experienced any bugs in midi mode??
Using the CDJ's in MIDI mode but routing the audio through the mixer externally. No bugs, everything works really well. I just don't like how the LED's under the Play/Pause buttons don't turn off automatically if the song ends and if you press play on the decks on Traktor the LED doesn't turn on automatically on the CDJ's. Just small things that annoy me, no biggy.
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by Eugguy
Very Nice...I thought about getting the CDJ 850s as my first set of CDJS...I just can't let go of my M5Gs/Techs!
Yeah, I believe they're a good starting place for upgrading from Digital Mixing. They might be double the price of the 400's, but they are under half the price of the 2000's and I believe they're a little less complicated then the 2000's. (Can't really speak though, haven't used 2000's)

I used to use an S2 and moving from that to the 850's was pretty simple. (Although, technically speaking I am still Digital Mixing since I'm using Traktor and not USB's or CD's. I really just like using them through Traktor for the Waveform Display and also the Track Collection)
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by botstein
What's the bin-looking thing to the right of your setup, between the Expedit and the wall?
Originally Posted by Jester
actually, i thought that was a bin
Hahaha, it's actually the speakers I am using at the moment. They are the 420W SONY MU.TE.KI. They're not bad, pretty decent IMHO. Just using them until I can afford some studio monitors.
Latoria Kavulich
What's the bin-looking thing to the right of your setup, between the Expedit and the wall?
Johanna Eggerson
May 19, 2013:

SETUP:
  • 2 X Pioneer CDJ-850-W
  • Pioneer DJM-850-W
  • Pioneer HDJ-1500 Headphones (Silver)
  • M-AUDIO Trigger Finger
  • 2012 13 Inch Macbook Pro (running Traktor Pro 2.5)

The desk is an EXPEDIT bookshelf from IKEA, which I still have intentions of building up after reading the article on DJTT. (I believe we all know the article I am talking about.)

That's it... For now.
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by neogeo
how are you using them? in midi mode or thru timecode? have you experienced any bugs in midi mode??
Using the CDJ's in MIDI mode but routing the audio through the mixer externally. No bugs, everything works really well. I just don't like how the LED's under the Play/Pause buttons don't turn off automatically if the song ends and if you press play on the decks on Traktor the LED doesn't turn on automatically on the CDJ's. Just small things that annoy me, no biggy.
Thomas Dresel
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by Eugguy
Very Nice...I thought about getting the CDJ 850s as my first set of CDJS...I just can't let go of my M5Gs/Techs!
Yeah, I believe they're a good starting place for upgrading from Digital Mixing. They might be double the price of the 400's, but they are under half the price of the 2000's and I believe they're a little less complicated then the 2000's. (Can't really speak though, haven't used 2000's)

I used to use an S2 and moving from that to the 850's was pretty simple. (Although, technically speaking I am still Digital Mixing since I'm using Traktor and not USB's or CD's. I really just like using them through Traktor for the Waveform Display and also the Track Collection)
Nevada Edgette
Clean clean clean!!!!
Rachael Tureson
this is a thing of beauty ohh
Tommy Thiner
Such a sick setup! Love the all white, so fresh and so clean clean
Chung Rosaro
Johanna Eggerson
Originally Posted by Jester
Hahaha, it's actually the speakers I am using at the moment. They are the 420W SONY MU.TE.KI. They're not bad, pretty decent IMHO. Just using them until I can afford some studio monitors.
Latoria Kavulich
Georgie Lukowiak
Those white CDJ's are soooooo sexy.
Ervin Calvery
Kandy Ahdoot
very clean,love it

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy