Digital Kw3rty's Set Up

Digital Kw3rty's Set Up
Posted on: 28.09.2012 by Arielle Posso
Finally got a new controller so I figured I'd post my current set up... its nothing special but it gets things done for now.

I have everything set up on my aunt's dining room table cause I'm not home at the moment so yea

IMG_20120926_154637.jpg IMG_20120926_154647.jpg IMG_20120926_154652.jpg

My set up consist of a Reloop Terminal Mix 4 which is custom mapped for Traktor 2.5 (Still working on the mapping not quit done yet)

A crappy 5 year old Dell Inpiron 1525 Laptop

Not pictured are my crappy Sennheiser HD 201S headphones (I broke my good headphones last week and had to buy some cheap ones before the weekend so I could still produce) and some speakers I got from my dad.

I'm about due for a laptop upgrade so I believe I'm gonna go with a 13inch MBP 2.8GHz Core i7 with 120GB SSD boot drive and 500GB 5400RPM hard drive for storage with 16gbs of ram. Also trying to get some new monitors and some not crap headphones

It's not very impressive but I can do a lot of what I want with it. When I go back home I'll be working on my beast Hackintosh for Production/Video Editing/Livestream/Graphics Work, and possibly some krk monitors. Also believeing about a new massive desk to hold it all.

*Sidenote: Sorry about the crappy photo quality. Custom Android doesn't play well with my phones HD Camera... >_> should probably fix that.

**Sidenote 2: I'll try and update this whenever I get some new kit.
Arielle Posso
I came across a few somewhat "glamour" shots of my set up. Some have effects on them cause I posted them on instagram a while back. I can't find all of the shots I've taken for some reason. Hopefully I'll be doing some upgrading this year.

20131125_195850.jpg

IMG_20130517_003316.jpg

IMG_20130517_170634.jpg

20131018_164904.jpg
Arielle Posso
Bit of an update. I brought a Behringer CMD DC-1 for the remix decks in traktor a few months back, and I'd have to say it's not a bad controller. Its big but it's light weight and the LEDs are really bright. The encoders are plastic but they're relatively sturdy. My only real grip with is the pads. They look like they would be soft but their actually a hard plastic with tactical switch underneath. Which means it takes a bit of force to launch a clip, which kind of sucks when you're in the mix. The mapping that's provided does a really good job of working with the remix decks. I had to add a shift command to stop playback on all the cells. Over all its a pretty good controller. I'm believeing about selling it in a few months so I can have some cash towards upgrading my whole set up.

*I'll add better pictures when I find them. My memory cards a mess I need to clean it up.

IMG_20131031_225034.jpg
Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by geminimech
Now you just need a bigger desk and a laptop stand!

Have you considered making the leap to Serato DJ? I'd be curious to hear someone's opinion on the Mix4/2 with Serato, as I'm trying to move to a controller that supports it, and had my eyes on a Mix 2 if a sale with a fellow member for a Twitch happens to fall through. I know there are a fair amount of controls on the units that just don't work with Intro, I imagine that would be frustrating.
I've tried serato but I'm not really a hug fan. I like the wave forms but that's pretty much it. I got the TM4 because it was pretty much the cheapest 4 channel controller I could find that wasn't made of plastic and could take a beating. That was when I mostly played house music and was doing a lot of multi song mash ups. When I got the TM4 I knew I was going to have to do a lot of custom mapping for it to get it how I wanted in traktor. I played with Reloops mapping for it and it was crap. That and I've been using traktor for about 2 years now so it's become second nature.

I believe to get the most out of the controller with the TM4 or TM2 you'd have to upgrade if you use serato. Their serato mapping is so in depth and the controller is made to take advantage of the full versions of serato.

Next thing I plan on getting is a laptop stand I have my laptop propped up on the boxes my hard drive enclosures came in lol. It'll be a while before I get a bigger desk though but I'm not really worried about it.
Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by boarderbas
How is that sc3D working for you?
It's actually not that bad. The only problem I've been having is with darouter software... its stupid. For some reason some buttons will stop working in the mapping and make me have to push the reset button in the software. That usually fixes the problem. And for some reason every time you open the software you have to load the preset that you mapped the controller with, if that makes sense >_>. There's some limitations that doesn't make any sense but you can work around them with some creative mapping. All in all I like it. Yeah that was kinda drawn out.
Arielle Posso
So my MonoPrice studio monitors and SCS3D came last week and I've been familiarizing myself with my new tech. I took a few pictures. I'll post some more glamours shots in a few days and do an in depth set up walk through.

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg
Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by protocol
Those platters on the Reloop look really nice. I always thought controllers needed bigger platters, but not vinyl-big.
To be honest I don't really use the jogs for much. For some reason they're not precise enough to do anything in traktor. They're great for serato but somewhere along the line they don't map well. I've started a jog fx mapping but I'm not really happy with it. And I've been having some trouble with it being over sensitive. When the song is playing. Still an amazing unit though
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by DigitalQw3rty
Finally got a new controller so I figured I'd post my current set up... its nothing special but it gets things done for now.

I have everything set up on my aunt's dining room table cause I'm not home at the moment so yea

My set up consist of a Reloop Terminal Mix 4 which is custom mapped for Traktor 2.5 (Still working on the mapping not quit done yet)

Not pictured are my crappy Sennheiser HD 201S headphones (I broke my good headphones last week and had to buy some cheap ones before the weekend so I could still produce) and some speakers I got from my dad.

I'm about due for a laptop upgrade so I believe I'm gonna go with a 13inch MBP 2.8GHz Core i7 with 120GB SSD boot drive and 500GB 5400RPM hard drive for storage with 16gbs of ram. Also trying to get some new monitors and some not crap headphones

It's not very impressive but I can do a lot of what I want with it. When I go back home I'll be working on my beast Hackintosh for Production/Video Editing/Livestream/Graphics Work, and possibly some krk monitors. Also believeing about a new massive desk to hold it all.

*Sidenote: Sorry about the crappy photo quality. Custom Android doesn't play well with my phones HD Camera... >_> should probably fix that.

Heh, so you built a machine kinda like mine (I went overboard) and then ruined it all by putting OSX on it? hehe.

I have to wait for my DisneyWorld trip for my kids to be over so I can finish leak testing my studio beast. I hate being away from my gear for so long :/
Arielle Posso

Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by geminimech

Have you considered making the leap to Serato DJ? I'd be curious to hear someone's opinion on the Mix4/2 with Serato, as I'm trying to move to a controller that supports it, and had my eyes on a Mix 2 if a sale with a fellow member for a Twitch happens to fall through. I know there are a fair amount of controls on the units that just don't work with Intro, I imagine that would be frustrating.
I've tried serato but I'm not really a hug fan. I like the wave forms but that's pretty much it. I got the TM4 because it was pretty much the cheapest 4 channel controller I could find that wasn't made of plastic and could take a beating. That was when I mostly played house music and was doing a lot of multi song mash ups. When I got the TM4 I knew I was going to have to do a lot of custom mapping for it to get it how I wanted in traktor. I played with Reloops mapping for it and it was crap. That and I've been using traktor for about 2 years now so it's become second nature.

I believe to get the most out of the controller with the TM4 or TM2 you'd have to upgrade if you use serato. Their serato mapping is so in depth and the controller is made to take advantage of the full versions of serato.

Next thing I plan on getting is a laptop stand I have my laptop propped up on the boxes my hard drive enclosures came in lol. It'll be a while before I get a bigger desk though but I'm not really worried about it.
Verlene Geevarghese

Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by boarderbas
It's actually not that bad. The only problem I've been having is with darouter software... its stupid. For some reason some buttons will stop working in the mapping and make me have to push the reset button in the software. That usually fixes the problem. And for some reason every time you open the software you have to load the preset that you mapped the controller with, if that makes sense >_>. There's some limitations that doesn't make any sense but you can work around them with some creative mapping. All in all I like it. Yeah that was kinda drawn out.
Evia Nitch
Arielle Posso
So my MonoPrice studio monitors and SCS3D came last week and I've been familiarizing myself with my new tech. I took a few pictures. I'll post some more glamours shots in a few days and do an in depth set up walk through.

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg
Arielle Posso
Originally Posted by protocol
Those platters on the Reloop look really nice. I always thought controllers needed bigger platters, but not vinyl-big.
To be honest I don't really use the jogs for much. For some reason they're not precise enough to do anything in traktor. They're great for serato but somewhere along the line they don't map well. I've started a jog fx mapping but I'm not really happy with it. And I've been having some trouble with it being over sensitive. When the song is playing. Still an amazing unit though
Toya Spor
Arielle Posso
Finally ordered my monitors today as well as a stanton scs3d and some trs cables. They should be here next week. Its been a good month got a lot of new tech. I'll post pictures when i have everything set up. I also need to expand on my current traktor mapping of my terminal mix 4. I meant to fix some of the FX problems I've been having but I never got around to it. I also need to fix some of the lighting issues. I'll share the mapping if anyone's interested.
Arielle Posso
In the end I ended up staying with Windows lol. Cheap and relativity easy to fix if something goes wrong. I'm still working on my set up. It's not where I want it to be yet.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by DigitalQw3rty

Heh, so you built a machine kinda like mine (I went overboard) and then ruined it all by putting OSX on it? hehe.

I have to wait for my DisneyWorld trip for my kids to be over so I can finish leak testing my studio beast. I hate being away from my gear for so long :/
Arielle Posso
So next week I plan on picking up a pair of Monoprice studio monitors. I posted a thread about them last week I believe. And I got some pretty decent feedback. Though I don't expect super amazing Rokit 5 quality the specs are pretty good for the price. Then from there I'll be looking to add an audio interface for ableton and another controller to control Deck D in Traktor. Don't get me wrong the Terminal Mix 4 works beautifully but having to switch decks isn't very convenient. Especially when doing a mash up and bringing in a new track. I was believeing of adding a Stanton SCS3.D if I can find one for relatifly cheap or a Reloop Contour Controller Edition. I dunno yet what do you guys believe?

Speakers:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Arielle Posso
So I just got a new laptop last week. A 13.3 inch Asus Running an intel core i5 with 4gigs of ram and a 500gb 7200rpm hard drive. Its not a bad machine. It runs traktor like a dream. I'll probably throw more ram at it and maybe put in an SSD for good measure. I'll post pics soon. Just need some new headphones and new speakers. Anyone have any suggestions on speakers. I'm looking for monitors that are less then $200 but have decent bass.

Sidenote: I completed most of my Terminal Mix 4 mapping ages ago. I've mapped it to control all 4 FXs, 4 Decks, and it actually works well with the browser after some clever routing. All the LEDS work and the Play button flashes when a deck is in loop. I've even started working on a Jog FX mapping. If you want the mapping just let me know. Cheers
Arielle Posso
so slight update, I'm back home in NC and I had my set up running nice and smooth, got a new desk, some old but decent speakers (which will be updated soon hopefully). Sadly my computer had a catastrophic melt down so I'm using some parts from another computer while I gather funds to buy a Lenovo e430. Through sheer luck, most of my music was backed up to googles music service. I'm working on a new mapping for my controller and I plan on taking it apart and doing some internal mods, mainly led swaps. I'll keep all of you posted... not sure if you guys care or not but hey its whatever >_>
Arielle Posso
So I just got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M35's they're pretty good. No pictures of them but I'll post them in about a month when I get back home. Should have some studio monitors too by then.
Arielle Posso
I like the reloop. its pretty solid. I just didn't really like the 4 deck mapping that they provided. I'd been using a cheap maudio xsession mixer for close to a year while I got my life and stuff together. Only thing about the Terminal Mix is some of the buttons send the same signal so its kinda awkward mapping modifiers. It integrates with Traktor pretty well. I still need to finish the mapping and map all the LEDS so I can get some kind of feed back without having to look at the screen all the time.
Michell Wehrmeyer
How do you like the reloop? have you used other things in the past?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy