Sticking with the old school....for now.

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Sticking with the old school....for now.Reply
Sticking with the old school....for now.
Posted on: 01.03.2013 by Vickie Scheier
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI just got my set up out of storage after 9 years. I feel like like Encino man. A lot has changed in the dj world during that time. I am trying to learn and soak up as much as I can about new software and hardware before investing any $$. Here is my set up for now. I recently cleaned and tuned up my 05-pro and hooked that up. Nothing fancy...

2 mk-1200s
Vestax pmc-05 & 03pro
Still scratching the vinyl

***UPDATE 5/25***
SCROLL TO LATEST Reply FOR UPDATED PICS. THX

**more toys, yay!***

Got a Kontrol X1 and novation twitch is on the way after trading with another DJTT member. I made a homemade stand for the X1 and then toevening I was bored so I went through my crates and put some art up. I like it. My wife and kids helped me with my decisions on which albums made the wall.
Rena Estabrook
Originally Posted by momo217
It seems like it doesn't control the effects very thoroughly if at all. Does it control effects at all?
I believe you're right that it doesn't control effects. I don't use effects so I didn't bother to try. It seems to do everything else though.
Vickie Scheier
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
The Denon HC1000 is a quality piece. I was totally dependent on it. Cheap and plug and play.
It seems like it doesn't control the effects very thoroughly if at all. Does it control effects at all?
Vickie Scheier
Technics and Serato ftw. Those Gemini turntables look nice. I like the platter design.
Looooove my 1200s. The Gemini are pretty champ though. I couldn't believe how well they performed and I agree, they are easy on the eyes. Can't beat Technics though.
Vickie Scheier
Originally Posted by Patch
Nice, clean set-up you've got there! That's really all you need.

Are you using the keyboard, or the Dicers for this? I don't know Serato at all, but I bet there's a way to use one of the shifted pages on the dicer (maybe loop roll shift (Green) or Loop shift (Amber) to do it?
Thanks. I tried mapping the dicers to scroll, load, etc but it is more complicated than just using the keyboard. I am looking at getting either a Denon Hc1000 or a X1. I believe a X1 is way more bang for the buck. Hc10000 is cheaper used though.
Vickie Scheier
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI just got my set up out of storage after 9 years. I feel like like Encino man. A lot has changed in the dj world during that time. I am trying to learn and soak up as much as I can about new software and hardware before investing any $$. Here is my set up for now. I recently cleaned and tuned up my 05-pro and hooked that up. Nothing fancy...

2 mk-1200s
Vestax pmc-05 & 03pro
Still scratching the vinyl

***UPDATE 5/25***
SCROLL TO LATEST Reply FOR UPDATED PICS. THX

**more toys, yay!***

Got a Kontrol X1 and novation twitch is on the way after trading with another DJTT member. I made a homemade stand for the X1 and then toevening I was bored so I went through my crates and put some art up. I like it. My wife and kids helped me with my decisions on which albums made the wall.
Vickie Scheier
I went with the X1. At first I thought I made a mistake because I couldn't figure it out with Serato. After a couple of days of mapping and playing around, I love this thing. X1 + dicers = perfection. I traded my TT04s for a Novation Twitch. Should be here on Monday. I can't wait to play with that!
Rena Estabrook
I believe you're right that it doesn't control effects. I don't use effects so I didn't bother to try. It seems to do everything else though.
Vickie Scheier
The Denon HC1000 is a quality piece. I was totally dependent on it. Cheap and plug and play.
Rena Estabrook
Vickie Scheier
Technics and Serato ftw. Those Gemini turntables look nice. I like the platter design.
Looooove my 1200s. The Gemini are pretty champ though. I couldn't believe how well they performed and I agree, they are easy on the eyes. Can't beat Technics though.
Vickie Scheier
Originally Posted by Patch

Are you using the keyboard, or the Dicers for this? I don't know Serato at all, but I bet there's a way to use one of the shifted pages on the dicer (maybe loop roll shift (Green) or Loop shift (Amber) to do it?
Thanks. I tried mapping the dicers to scroll, load, etc but it is more complicated than just using the keyboard. I am looking at getting either a Denon Hc1000 or a X1. I believe a X1 is way more bang for the buck. Hc10000 is cheaper used though.
Rena Estabrook
Brunilda Kora

I am still learning how to navigate software rather than flipping records but I am getting a feel for it.
Vickie Scheier
**UPDATE 5/25/13**

I got myself some new toys since I got my gear out of storage. I'm still not done but I am slowly piecing my set up together. Since my last pic I hooked up my 1200s, although I was really surprised and impressed with the abilities of the Gemini TT04s. They are super tables for the price. If you are on a budget and come across some of these, grab 'em. **I just realized I didn't have the 04s hooked up on the previous pic. I bought those in a package deal with the SL1.** anyways, as mentioned, I hooked up Serato SL1, dicers, and got myself some Tonnoy monitors. I swapped my PMC06 for my 05pro and went to Pep Boys and bought some vinyl to cover the mixers. I like it, makes them feel new. I also added an InnoFader to my 05. That was by far my best investment. For a scratch dj I really see no alternative unless you have the $$ for a high end mixer. Props to InnoFader for a great product. I will be painting soon and constructing a recessed top.

I am still learning how to navigate software rather than flipping records but I am getting a feel for it. Thanks to the DJTT website and community for inspiring an old man to feel young again and to reignite a beloved passion. Thanks for checking out my post guys and gals!
Lisa Lochotzki
There's nothing wrong with old gear. Often they're better than all those "new and shiny thing" anyways
Brunilda Kora
I'm assuming you play hip-hop (from the scratching comment!). Sound to me like a good set-up for you would be a DVS system, and some Dicers...
Vickie Scheier
Thanks guys. Feels good to be back! I am very inspired by a lot of set ups in this site. I will be definitely spending some cash soon. Cmon tax return!
Norah Legowski
very nice! vinyl is alive!!
Edwina Fagel
Playing real vinyl these days is a pretty fancy thing.
Great setup.
Brunilda Kora
Welcome back!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy