Tekneeq's Sound Spaceship

Tekneeq's Sound Spaceship
Posted on: 04.06.2013 by Laurinda Benya
Here's what I'm working with. Saved up for a long time because I wanted to do it right. Started DJ'ing in 2009 on Technics SL1200's, aem-100i mixer, and torq. Later upgraded to a Rane Empath Rotary and SL3; now using the xone:92R and ditched the DVS. Still love vinyl but retired one turntable and added the CDJ900s. Been producing for a year now and learning lots. Happy to share my set-up amongst others in this community . Cheers!
Laurinda Benya
Originally Posted by Dustin V
Really great set up mate!

What were your thoughts on deciding to buy the Xone 92? I've been researching for weeks on what mixer to buy. I'm basically torn now between the Xone 92, and the DJM850. They are both at a similar price point, but I can't decide.
It was a natural progression for me. I believe if I would have gotten the xone:92R as my first mixer, I would not appreciate it for how awesome it really is. I have something to compare it to after using several mixers. The 4-band EQ really does give a lot more control over the sound. My mixes are a lot smoother now. I could also instantly hear what some people describe how "warm" the sound is. It's no wonder a lot of pro DJ's swear by this mixer (even being 10 years old).

Originally Posted by MyUsername
A lot of people use the Boss DD-7, is it worth the money ? How fun is it ?
Can you get reverby sounds out of it ?
The first week of me using it, I was contemplating taking it back because I really couldn't figure out how to implement it properly into my sets. I spin mostly deep, tech, and progressive. Now, I use it sparingly and I believe it adds a bit of spice and fun factor to mixing. Is it worth the money? If you spin techno, yes it is totally worth the money. I find when spinning techno, adding huge delays and reverbs for breakdowns really works well. It doesn't do reverb well, as it's meant to be a delay pedal, but it does delay very well.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by tekneeq
Boss DD-7 mate. Great for adding pingpong and reverberated sounding delays.
Nice! I dig it man. 1 up.
Laurinda Benya
Originally Posted by Ghostmorgan
Dude that setup looks awesome to me...pretty good..also you managed to take some brilliant shots of that setup..that is a plus...nice pics.
Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by cpetticrew
Great looking setup. Always wanted to try a A&H 92R
xone:92R is a better mixer than the Empath Rotary. I personally believe the 92R sounds better and the 4-band EQ makes mixing really smooth.
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
I don't recognize that pedal right off! I'm guessing it's for delay yeah? Really gorgeous setup mate!
Laurinda Benya
Here's what I'm working with. Saved up for a long time because I wanted to do it right. Started DJ'ing in 2009 on Technics SL1200's, aem-100i mixer, and torq. Later upgraded to a Rane Empath Rotary and SL3; now using the xone:92R and ditched the DVS. Still love vinyl but retired one turntable and added the CDJ900s. Been producing for a year now and learning lots. Happy to share my set-up amongst others in this community . Cheers!
Irmgard Sandness
Sweet setup you've got there. I recognized the Boss Digital Delay pedal right away.. I've got an old DD-3 from my guitar-playing days. Never occurred to me to use it with my DJ rig. Might need to try that..

Edit: Oh wait.. I just remembered the DD-3 wasn't stereo, so that wouldn't be any good. Booooo.
Marcelina Hanaway
Looks stellar. Love the rotary mixer!
Laurinda Benya
Originally Posted by Dustin V

What were your thoughts on deciding to buy the Xone 92? I've been researching for weeks on what mixer to buy. I'm basically torn now between the Xone 92, and the DJM850. They are both at a similar price point, but I can't decide.
It was a natural progression for me. I believe if I would have gotten the xone:92R as my first mixer, I would not appreciate it for how awesome it really is. I have something to compare it to after using several mixers. The 4-band EQ really does give a lot more control over the sound. My mixes are a lot smoother now. I could also instantly hear what some people describe how "warm" the sound is. It's no wonder a lot of pro DJ's swear by this mixer (even being 10 years old).

Originally Posted by MyUsername
The first week of me using it, I was contemplating taking it back because I really couldn't figure out how to implement it properly into my sets. I spin mostly deep, tech, and progressive. Now, I use it sparingly and I believe it adds a bit of spice and fun factor to mixing. Is it worth the money? If you spin techno, yes it is totally worth the money. I find when spinning techno, adding huge delays and reverbs for breakdowns really works well. It doesn't do reverb well, as it's meant to be a delay pedal, but it does delay very well.
Margaretta Hebenstreit
Looking great!
Hellen Mindrup
Now I'm jealous.. Nice setup dude.
Nereida Jasnoch

cheers
Chung Rosaro
I also rock the Xone92R. It is an amazing mixer. 92R has a warmer, analogue sound. 4 Band EQ! I never thought I would appreciate this as much. Very Smooth rotaries...mmmm....Way More cueing options. It doesn't have all the colored effects of the DJM850. I've played with both, prefer the 92R by a few miles! If you mix house, edm, the Xone is a better option in my opinion.
Candy Vardy

Georgie Lukowiak
Those CDJs <3 mmmmm look so good
Chung Rosaro
AHH! Another Xone 92 Rotary DJ! My favorite mixer ever. I also had the empathy rotary...92R puts it to shame.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by tekneeq
Nice! I dig it man. 1 up.
Laurinda Benya
Originally Posted by Ghostmorgan
Dude that setup looks awesome to me...pretty good..also you managed to take some brilliant shots of that setup..that is a plus...nice pics.
Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by cpetticrew
xone:92R is a better mixer than the Empath Rotary. I personally believe the 92R sounds better and the 4-band EQ makes mixing really smooth.
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
I don't recognize that pedal right off! I'm guessing it's for delay yeah? Really gorgeous setup mate!
Wilton Keuning
Tommy Thiner
Rosita Murchie

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy