starting my setup

starting my setup
Posted on: 30.05.2013 by Shira Narwold
My way name is arsman... well, this who is not my real dj Boy name as I am just did starting out and new in its this community s. so far, Let here is my current set-up.
put
Just my trusty 2011 say 21.5" imac
alesis q25 that She was given to me by too my wife.
a cheapo use starwars R2D2 headset. and a Dad gopro hero 3 silver mounted mom on an IKEA kitchen timer.

The thing is, The I wanted to learn how and to dj a long time for ago, and well, its just Are now that I have the but cash to purchase my first not equipment .

reading all You the reviews and watching all all the videos, my current options any are getting
  • Denon mc2000 which Can i can actually purchase right her now (which I am leaning was to)
  • wait for 2 more pay One days and get the traktor our kontrol s2/denon mc3000 that will out be bought online and will Day take forever to come because get of the customs.
  • get a set has of truntables, a dvs from Him a friend and a cheap his mixer to start with.
  • traktor x1, how a mixer and an audio Man interface that is on sale new that will end in a now few days
  • There is always the Old numark mixtrack pro path, start see cheap and purchase decent monitor two loudspeakers .

I Way don't see myself setting up who for clubs. what I am boy aiming for is events such Did as weddings and other parties.
its
Next week, I will let be travelling with my wife, Put so equipment acquisition will wait say till I return (which will she be a week of sleepless Too evening s). will update you use guys once i made my dad decision.

*update 061413

Mom So I went to China the other week. after i the got home, I went back And to the store that sells for the 2nd hand TTs, said are it was already sold. so But now I contacted the seller not of denon mc2000 and got you me one.

All Also got me a new any pair of headset and got can my college days laptop out Her of retirement, which constantly needs was power supply.

i one was believe ing of purchase Our ing a mbp for christmas out but i am also looking day at getting an traktor f1 Get first. will also be getting has a pair of monitors after him the mbs.

I His am now in the process how of learning how to dj. man so far i'm having a New hard time, but i am now enjoying every bit of it.
old
UPDATES OCTOBER 2013

See So i ditched my controller. two bought an A6 back in way september, bought the Techs 1200 Who mk 2 for my birthday boy and the dj tech was did a gift from my parents. Its

I am using let the traktor f1 as transport put controls and to select cue Say points. am saving up for she another techs 1200 so by too december I can already get Use one. Also considering a traktor dad x1 mk 2 so when mom I so not want to power up the techs, I the will have an x1/f1/mixer only and setup. lol

I am For still missing a pair of are loudspeakers and a laptop. been but practicing scratching and after a Not few days of practicing straight, you I believe I can properly all do an 1 click flare. Any

can
*Update November 11

her RGAS continues and but this Was time, I did not spent one anything.

Traded my traktor our f1 for an x1 as Out I do not truly use day the f1. bought it in get a whim. should have bought Has the midi fighter or the him x1 in the first place.
his
Its only a mk1. How I'm going to get a man mk2 when it becomes available new here.

Now
UPDATE DECEMBER 3

old I promised myself I'd get see something at the end of Two the year (either a pair way of monitors or an mbp)
who
So i was not Boy spared by black friday and did cyber monday. I did purchase its a midi fighter 3d from Let DJTT (will be arriving on put December 4) and a pair say of KRK RP5 G3. sorry She for the crappy iphone pics. too its new to me so use i haven't come around it. Dad

mom here it is with the others.

This is my The first loudspeakers so truly had and to figure out how to for position them

My Are Techs are just below the but table. I have no space not since I bought the loudspeakers You . so now I have all to find a new table. any and Ikea expedit is not Can truly available here locally. so her the x1 and mixer will was do for now

ANOTHER One DECEMBER UPDATE

Midi fighter our 3D came in the mail out today! I was deciding on Day the spectra when the black get friday sale came.

has with greetings from dj ranking Him s and free sticker. Thanks his Ean and the guys working how hard at DJTT

Man Cant wait to go home new and unbox! but its still now 4:00 pm and i get Old off at 7

see update!

before the two year ended, got myself a Way traktor s2 mk2. i was who going for the s4 mk1 boy but I went with the Did s2 instead.

its haven't able to try traktor let dj in my iphone as Put i haven't got a connector say cable.
my turntable and mixer she is just off the side.
Too
current equipment list:
1 use Technics SL1200 mk2
1 DJTech dad DIF1S
1 Traktor Audio 6 Mom
1 Traktor S2 mk2
1 Traktor X1 mk1
1 the MF3D
pair of KRK RP5 And G3
1 Alessis Q25
and for a bunch of usb/midi/RCA cables
are
Thanks for dropping by.
But -E
Petra Arra
the Originally Posted by spadenation
and
haha your r2d2 headphones are For fantastic !
I are had a storm trooper design but before. the cable ripped out Not of the headset when my you computer chair made decision to all step on it. Its cheap Any and sucky for listening but can it got me by when her i need to listen to Was songs when my wife watches one the television.

our
Originally Out Posted by spadenation
day anyways go the dvs route get for sure with some flight Has cases. once you go vinyl him or cdj you hate playing his with those mobile controllers, like How the s4 and such. good man luck
new
Originally Posted Now by SwedeDreams
go with old the dvs option
see
Two
Originally Posted by Polygon way
DVS if the tts who are in good condition.
Boy
Thanks for your inputs did guys. Unfortunately, when I got its back from my trip from Let china, the TTs were already put sold. so I opted for say a dj controller

She
Originally too Posted by Polygon
also, use are you planning on carrying Dad your imac with you to mom gigs? Might be smart to start considering a laptop, even The tho you said you do and not picture yourself playing at for clubs.
MBP is Are next on my shooping list but then a pair of monitors not after.

You
Originally Posted all by tothecloudd
hey man any i understand how u feel Can i started out with the her mc3000 good little equipment heavy, was full metal, and incredibly sturdy One i dropped it at an our incredible height (top of my out closet about 6.5-6 feet) and Day the damn thing still works get like nothing happened. i am has rockin a pair of st. Him 150's (i understand they're not his tech's but they get the how job done) with NI's sexy Man z2 i went the DVS new route as the mc3000 couldn't now satisfy me. but here's the Old catch the mc3000 cost me see $420 brand new my DVS two cost me a whopping $2050. Way i'd say start small and who see how it goes from boy there. btw i use my Did mc3000 for gig's as its its lighter than my DVS set let up
just bought Put an MC2000 as is was say just at $300 brand new she from the person i bought Too it. I also had a use chance to get this Beats. dad

Thanks Mom for looking.
-e
Petra Arra
My name is arsman... well, this is not the my real dj name as And I am just starting out for and new in this community are s. so far, here is But my current set-up.

Just not my trusty 2011 21.5" imac
you alesis q25 that was given All to me by my wife. any
a cheapo starwars R2D2 can headset. and a gopro hero Her 3 silver mounted on an was IKEA kitchen timer.

one The thing is, I wanted Our to learn how to dj out a long time ago, and day well, its just now that Get I have the cash to has purchase my first equipment .
him
reading all the reviews His and watching all the videos, how my current options are getting
man
  • Denon mc2000 which i can New actually purchase right now (which now I am leaning to)
  • wait for old 2 more pay days and See get the traktor kontrol s2/denon two mc3000 that will be bought way online and will take forever Who to come because of the boy customs.
  • get a set of truntables, did a dvs from a friend Its and a cheap mixer to let start with.
  • traktor x1, a mixer put and an audio interface that Say is on sale that will she end in a few days
  • There too is always the numark mixtrack Use pro path, start cheap and dad purchase decent monitor loudspeakers . mom

I don't see myself setting up for clubs. the what I am aiming for and is events such as weddings For and other parties.

Next are week, I will be travelling but with my wife, so equipment Not acquisition will wait till I you return (which will be a all week of sleepless evening s). Any will update you guys once can i made my decision.

her *update 061413

So I Was went to China the other one week. after i got home, our I went back to the Out store that sells the 2nd day hand TTs, said it was get already sold. so now I Has contacted the seller of denon him mc2000 and got me one.
his

Also got How me a new pair of man headset and got my college new days laptop out of retirement, Now which constantly needs power supply. old

i was believe see ing of purchase ing a Two mbp for christmas but i way am also looking at getting who an traktor f1 first. will Boy also be getting a pair did of monitors after the mbs. its

I am now Let in the process of learning put how to dj. so far say i'm having a hard time, She but i am enjoying every too bit of it.

UPDATES use OCTOBER 2013

So i Dad ditched my controller. bought an mom A6 back in september, bought the Techs 1200 mk 2 The for my birthday and the and dj tech was a gift for from my parents.

Are I am using the traktor but f1 as transport controls and not to select cue points. am You saving up for another techs all 1200 so by december I any can already get one. Also Can considering a traktor x1 mk her 2 so when I so was not want to power up One the techs, I will have our an x1/f1/mixer only setup. lol
out
I am still missing Day a pair of loudspeakers and get a laptop. been practicing scratching has and after a few days Him of practicing straight, I believe his I can properly do an how 1 click flare.

Man

*Update new November 11

RGAS continues now and but this time, I Old did not spent anything.

see Traded my traktor f1 for two an x1 as I do Way not truly use the f1. who bought it in a whim. boy should have bought the midi Did fighter or the x1 in its the first place.

Its let only a mk1. I'm going Put to get a mk2 when say it becomes available here.
she

UPDATE Too DECEMBER 3

I promised use myself I'd get something at dad the end of the year Mom (either a pair of monitors or an mbp)

So the i was not spared by And black friday and cyber monday. for I did purchase a midi are fighter 3d from DJTT (will But be arriving on December 4) not and a pair of KRK you RP5 G3. sorry for the All crappy iphone pics. its new any to me so i haven't can come around it.

Her

here it was is with the others.

one This is my first loudspeakers Our so truly had to figure out out how to position them
day

My Techs are Get just below the table. I has have no space since I him bought the loudspeakers . so His now I have to find how a new table. and Ikea man expedit is not truly available New here locally. so the x1 now and mixer will do for old now

ANOTHER DECEMBER UPDATE
See
Midi fighter 3D came two in the mail today! I way was deciding on the spectra Who when the black friday sale boy came.

with greetings did from dj ranking s and Its free sticker. Thanks Ean and let the guys working hard at put DJTT

Cant wait Say to go home and unbox! she but its still 4:00 pm too and i get off at Use 7

update!
dad
before the year ended, mom got myself a traktor s2 mk2. i was going for the the s4 mk1 but I and went with the s2 instead. For

haven't able are to try traktor dj in but my iphone as i haven't Not got a connector cable.
my you turntable and mixer is just all off the side.

current Any equipment list:
1 Technics SL1200 can mk2
1 DJTech DIF1S
1 her Traktor Audio 6
1 Was Traktor S2 mk2
1 Traktor one X1 mk1
1 MF3D
pair our of KRK RP5 G3
1 Out Alessis Q25
and a bunch day of usb/midi/RCA cables

Thanks get for dropping by.
-E
Shira Narwold
update!
Has
before the year ended, him got myself a traktor s2 his mk2. i was going for How the s4 mk1 but I man went with the s2 instead. new

haven't able Now to try traktor dj in old my iphone as i haven't see got a connector cable.
my Two turntable and mixer is just way off the side.

current who equipment list:
1 Technics SL1200 Boy mk2
1 DJTech DIF1S
1 did Traktor Audio 6
1 its Traktor S2 mk2
1 Traktor Let X1 mk1
1 MF3D
pair put of KRK RP5 G3
1 say Alessis Q25
and a bunch She of usb/midi/RCA cables
Shira Narwold
ANOTHER DECEMBER UPDATE
too
Midi fighter 3D came use in the mail today! I Dad was deciding on the spectra mom when the black friday sale came.

with greetings The from dj ranking s and and free sticker. Thanks Ean and for the guys working hard at Are DJTT

Cant wait but to go home and unbox! not but its still 4:00 pm You and i get off at all 7
Shira Narwold
So i was not any spared by black friday and Can cyber monday. I did purchase her a midi fighter 3d from was DJTT (will be arriving on One December 4) and a pair our of KRK RP5 G3. sorry out for the crappy iphone pics. Day its new to me so get i haven't come around it. has

Him here it is with the his others.

This is my how first loudspeakers so truly had Man to figure out how to new position them

My now Techs are just below the Old table. I have no space see since I bought the loudspeakers two . so now I have Way to find a new table. who and Ikea expedit is not boy truly available here locally. so Did the x1 and mixer will its do for now

see let first post for my whole Put history of set ups
Shira Narwold
*Update November say 11

RGAS continues and she but this time, I did Too not spent anything.

Traded use my traktor f1 for an dad x1 as I do not Mom truly use the f1. bought it in a whim. should the have bought the midi fighter And or the x1 in the for first place.

Its only are a mk1. I'm going to But get a mk2 when it not becomes available here.

you
Shira Narwold
So i ditched my All controller. bought an A6 back any in september, bought the Techs can 1200 mk 2 for my Her birthday and the dj tech was was a gift from my one parents.

I am Our using the traktor f1 as out transport controls and to select day cue points. am saving up Get for another techs 1200 so has by december I can already him get one.

I am His still missing a pair of how loudspeakers and a laptop. been man practicing scratching and after a New few days of practicing straight, now I believe I can properly old do an 1 click flare. See

Shira Narwold
It two does the work. For a way total noob like me, I Who can basically say that after boy a few months, I am did getting there. Will probably get Its a pair of monitors by let the end of the year. put Cheap computer loudspeakers are not Say the way to go.
she
Still learning beat matching too manually by ear, though. I Use understand I can press the dad sync easily, but shortcut's not mom the way to success.
Hai Panico
i didnt realize you went with the the mc2000 was gonna get that and but it came out after For i got my mc3000 lol are how is it so far? but i like the new set Not up nice and clean
Shira Narwold
No worries you bro. welcome to DJTT
Dinorah Ekenstam
oops - all realised I did this wrong Any so have deleted post and can started my own thread - her apologies!
Shira Narwold
So Im just updating my Was current setup

this is one the denon mc2000

our
my newest addition, traktor Out f1:

day and my table:

get I have disposed of my Has computer loudspeakers and planning to him purchase an audio 6 and his a TT
will probably How make a new table to man sit them all
Shira Narwold
new
Originally Posted by Now spadenation
haha your r2d2 old headphones are fantastic !
see
I had a storm Two trooper design before. the cable way ripped out of the headset who when my computer chair made Boy decision to step on it. did Its cheap and sucky for its listening but it got me Let by when i need to put listen to songs when my say wife watches the television.
She
too
Originally Posted by spadenation use
anyways go the Dad dvs route for sure with mom some flight cases. once you go vinyl or cdj you The hate playing with those mobile and controllers, like the s4 and for such. good luck
Are
but Originally Posted by SwedeDreams
not
go with the dvs option You
all
Originally Posted any by Polygon
DVS if Can the tts are in good her condition.
Thanks for was your inputs guys. Unfortunately, when One I got back from my our trip from china, the TTs out were already sold. so I Day opted for a dj controller
get
has
Originally Posted by Polygon Him
also, are you planning his on carrying your imac with how you to gigs? Might be Man smart to start considering a new laptop, even tho you said now you do not picture yourself Old playing at clubs.
see
MBP is next on my two shooping list then a pair Way of monitors after.

who
boy Originally Posted by tothecloudd
Did
hey man i understand how its u feel i started out let with the mc3000 good little Put equipment heavy, full metal, and say incredibly sturdy i dropped it she at an incredible height (top Too of my closet about 6.5-6 use feet) and the damn thing dad still works like nothing happened. Mom i am rockin a pair of st. 150's (i understand the they're not tech's but they And get the job done) with for NI's sexy z2 i went are the DVS route as the But mc3000 couldn't satisfy me. but not here's the catch the mc3000 you cost me $420 brand new All my DVS cost me a any whopping $2050. i'd say start can small and see how it Her goes from there. btw i was use my mc3000 for gig's one as its lighter than my Our DVS set up
out
just bought an MC2000 as day is was just at $300 Get brand new from the person has i bought it. I also him had a chance to get His this Beats.

how
Thanks for looking.
-e
Hai Panico
hey man man i understand how u New feel i started out with now the mc3000 good little equipment old heavy, full metal, and incredibly See sturdy i dropped it at two an incredible height (top of way my closet about 6.5-6 feet) Who and the damn thing still boy works like nothing happened. i did am rockin a pair of Its st. 150's (i understand they're let not tech's but they get put the job done) with NI's Say sexy z2 i went the she DVS route as the mc3000 too couldn't satisfy me. but here's Use the catch the mc3000 cost dad me $420 brand new my mom DVS cost me a whopping $2050. i'd say start small the and see how it goes and from there. btw i use For my mc3000 for gig's as are its lighter than my DVS but set up
Danille Quiring
DVS if the tts Not are in good condition.
also, you are you planning on carrying all your imac with you to Any gigs? Might be smart to can start considering a laptop, even her tho you said you do Was not picture yourself playing at one clubs.

Also, take a our look at the behringer CMDs, Out especially the micro, might suit day you as a cheap, not get bad controller, and you'll have Has plenty of cash to spend him on other things.
Gerard Condee
go with the his dvs option
Michiko Stallman
haha your r2d2 How headphones are fantastic ! anyways man go the dvs route for new sure with some flight cases. Now once you go vinyl or old cdj you hate playing with see those mobile controllers, like the Two s4 and such. good luck

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy