Reply to Xone DB4 Soundcard, Traktor Timecode Problem, DVS Solutions

Xone DB4 Soundcard, Traktor Timecode Problem, DVS Solutions
First I would like to thank anyone who helps in advance. It is hugely appreciated.
Here is where I currently stand. Let me tell you my set up and what I am hoping to accomplish. If you can help me, you would be my hero. I would literally pay cash money. (honestly, paypal!)

I am using:
2x CDJ 2000
Xone DB4

Maintaining digital integrity throughout my signal routing is important to me to ensure highest audio quality. I currently run---Rekordbox with .AIFF files via ethernet hub to CDJ's.
CDJ's connected via spdif to DB4.
DB4 digital output (spdif) to ApogeeEnsemble digital in.
Ableton for recording and output routing (i have this system connected to 2 rooms).
Speakers-- Dynaudio 2.1 System (2x Bm5A & BM9S--same in both rooms)
Mac Pro w/ Lion
It sounds truly incredible.

DIrectly next to this set up I have my "analog" set up. I started on vinyl 15 years ago and have pretty recently moved into the CDJ & digital world and left this set up untouched.
2x 1210's
Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV
Serato SL4
(All connected with RCA cables)
RCA connected to Apogee Ensemble for Ableton as well.

I have kept these systems separate due to the DB4 cross fader not being reasonable for the scratching I do. Now that they have a replacement scratch fader for the DB4, I want to combine my systems. I want timecode for the turntables & cdj's (or HID for CDJ's) but I want to use the DB4's internal digital soundcard to maintain a digital signal throughout and to eliminate the need for any additional (lesser quality/clunky/analog output) soundcard. The card on the DB4 is supposedly one of the best sounding cards available and I am very excited to make this dream become a reality. I am creating my own high quality digital audio samples for scratching.

So, Ideally I am looking to allow traktor timecode via the DB4 soundcard. I would be open to pretty much any DVS software that I could do this with although I would definitely like to have 4 decks available at all times. In a perfect world I would be able to mix and match the 4 channels of the DB4 between my cdj's, turntables w/ timecode, and synced traktor tracks, keeping everything digital to avoid unneeded DA/AD conversions and eliminating the need for an additional, lesser quality analog soundcard. The sound I have been able to create so far in this system is incredible and this would tie everything together perfectly. I have been scouring the internet and racking my brain for possible solutions.

So, now that you have all the background information-- I have no problems purchasing any software if I can make this dream work. I read about a MOD in traktor that will allow timecode for non-certified soundcards. Not sure if this is possible on the Mac OS or with recent versions of traktor. I also looked at MixVibes Cross but I dont believe it will support 4 decks or how the sound quality of the software and timecode is. I am open to pretty much any solution to this problem. Please help!
What are your thoughts? Does anyone have any other ideas? Is there any way to accomplish my goals? If there is a choice, what is the best way? Any info, help or pointers is hugely appreciated. I am truly grateful for any and all help. Thanks so much for taking the time to assist. .
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy