Reply to Worth taking the plunge from CDJ-900 to CDJ-2000 Nexus (in HID with Traktor)?

Worth taking the plunge from CDJ-900 to CDJ-2000 Nexus (in HID with Traktor)?
See subject. I'm debating whether or not to purchase a pair of CDJ-2000s or CDJ-900s. They will be used in HID mode with Traktor, likely with a DJM-750 or Kontrol Z2. I have never used a CDJ before.

The main questions I have are:
1. Is the workflow significantly different between the two models? Say my laptop fails and I can't use Traktor. Will I be able to pick up on the 2000 workflow easily after using the 900 without Traktor?
2. I know the platters on the 2000 are adjustable while they are not on the 900. How is the feel of the 900 platter? Can you scratch with it reasonably well?
3. Is the feature difference between the 900 and 2000 like light and day, or not really worth the extra dough?

The main thing is that the clubs where I live mainly have CDJ-2000s from what I know, so I want to be familiar playing on them when I do gigs. I fear walking into a gig and having them say "you can't use your controller, we have CDJs set up, yada yada", and not knowing how to use them well.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy