Reply to New to turntables .. Need help

New to turntables .. Need help
Hi everybody.

I've been DJing almost 10 years now, but never played any vinyl.
Well, i have taken the challenge to learn this fine art and bought myself a couple of 1210MK2 and a DJM-T1, so i'm running a DVS system.

As i am not in any way familiar with turntables i have a few questions after playing around.

1: Is there a guide somewhere to setup the tone arm correctly with the right pressure? The method i was told seems to put way to less weight on the needle, making it jump like crazy when moving the record.

2: This could be me being a complete noob, but i have the feeling that the record is speeding up too slow when letting it go? .. When performing simple baby scratches i have to give the record just the right amount of push to get it up to speed or else it will take quite a bit of time to reach normal speed. My first thought was, that it was maybe possible to adjust the torque of the table, but it doesn't seem to be the deck itself that needs time speeding up, but more like the slipmat is too smooth to grab the record properly. Is that an option? -it is Ortofon slipmats, but i now nothing about the subject, so have no idea if there is different kind af slipmats for the purpose.

Hope you guys can help a TT amateur
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy