Reply to Setup

Setup
I learnt to mix drum & bass & hip hop about 17 years ago on Pioneer CDJ-500's (which I still have and that still work) and the same DJM-500 in these pics. Pioneer gear is such great quality and although I have had it all serviced over the years it really is a testament to the build that I am still using the same mixer.

I got these Technics about 13 years ago. They are still in immaculate condition and have never needed any kind of service or repair to date.

I got TSP 2.5 years ago, however I really started to mix more often and really enjoy a DVS once I got the Kontrol X1. I didn't enjoy having to use a laptop while mixing after having spent all my years of mixing on one level. Having the X1 next to the mixer and never needing to touch the laptop has been a revelation for me.

Next step is to get a Z2 and finally retire the DJM-500. I will sell the X1 as I won't need it anymore. I don't need that level of control for effects as they are something I use pretty sparingly. I only have two custom mapping commands - The Beat Jump button is set to reset the pitch to 0, and using Shift with the Loop Encoder I can change active Cues between a Hotcue or a Loop. Hopefully the Z2 allows me to map those same two commands.

I am really looking forward to a more simple compact setup - a mixer and two turntables is a match made in heaven - both aesthetically and functionally.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy