Reply to ANDroYd's set-up

ANDroYd's set-up
New poster here, so why not show off? :)

2 x Vestax PDX-2000's. Very nice turntables with high torque, variable start/stop speed, +/-10% pitch control, and a separate wide range +/-50% pitch control.

2 x CDJ-400s. Show here native traktor control mode. (sound for those channels comes from the mixer soundcard)

Denon DN-X1600. An altogether awesome digital mixer. Considered Denon's analogue of the DJM-800, it has some pretty good onboard FX and has an 4 channel internal sound card (traktor scratch certified, no traktor card needed).

Not shown here:
Traktor X1: I have this mapped to be used as both a stand-alone internal mixing controller (FX knobs remapped to volume and EQ for 2 channels, and FX buttons to 4 cue points per channel), or to add looping/cue point/DVS-mode control to my primary DVS channels.

LPD8: Traktor FX for all 4 channels are controlled by activating a channel for FX and then using one of 8 FX knobs on the LPD8. Also 2 cue points for each channel, in case i don't have the x1 around.

APC 40: Controls a modifed Will Marshall ableton DJ set that can be used with internal mixing, or with 4 channels sent to the Denon x1600 soundcard by setting the channel outputs in ableton accordingly. I've gotten used to beat-matching ableton to traktor/cdjs and vice-versa. Obviously i wouldn't try to take both a full traktor and ableton set-up to a gig, but for a few gigs i've had live instruments play along with me (trumpet and guitar), and being able to switch from spontaneous set-up (traktor, beatmatch mostly anything by ear without prep) to a master-tempo-locked loop-based set-up (ableton) gives the instrumentalists and more solid base to play with.

Anyways, hope y'all like it, and i hope the clean it up in the near future. Uggh wires...

You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy