Reply to VCI-400 EGE headphone extension issue

VCI-400 EGE headphone extension issue
Hey folks,

Longtime listener, first-time caller. Ordered the VCI-400 EGE for my fiancee's birthday (what a gal, eh?), beautiful piece of work. I've had no major issues with it, except very recently it has taken to NOT working with a headphone extension cable. I did some searching and did find headphone issues, but did not see anything relevant to my situation.

Crappy skullcandy headphones, but they were working fine before. I don't recall if I changed any settings (still pretty new to traktor), but noticed one day that all of a sudden the audio in the headphones was horrible. Not clipping, but garbly, no bass, practically no vocals. I was using a traktor audio 2 at the time, and had to connect the headphones to that. I thought it was the audio2 or the headphones.

Now I'm hooked up via XLR and so using the headphones connected to the controller. Same problem. I still thought it was the headphones. I grabbed my fiancee's headphones, and they worked. Hooked up the extension cable to them, same problem. I tried my headphones without the cable, audio is perfect.

I went out and picked up a new extension, and same problem. The issue is that my headphones have a 12" cable on them, so I *need* an extension to run them until I can pick up new headphones. Has anyone experienced this, or is there a setting that might be screwing this up for me?

Cheers
Nooth
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy