Reply to Virtual DJ Pro Mapping

Virtual DJ Pro Mapping
For those who seek it, here is my mapping for Virtual DJ Pro 7. All mappings are for decks A and B only.

This is a work in progress but here's what I've got so far:
Cue Grid
-sets/jumps 8 cue points
-"Cue" button + cue grid button, deletes individual cue points
Gratify Grid
-Top row is BeatGrid, FlippinDouble and Flanger. I have other 3rd party effect plugins mapped to some of the other buttons but if you dont have these, obviously they wont work. The effects engage while the button is pressed. However you can use the "Loop Active" button directly above the grid to toggle the selected effect on/off. Above the "Loop Active" button, the two center knobs at the top of the device control the effect parameters
Transport
-Deck A(left to right): loop half, set 4 count loop, set 8 count loop, loop double, loop out, play+sync.
-Deck B(left to right): play+sync, loop out, loop half, set 4 count loop, set 8 count loop, loop double.
Headphone Cue
-For decks A & B, the headphone buttons above the volume faders will activate the cue for that deck.
You will need to go into the VDJ settings "Sound Setup" tab. In the drop-down list, select "Advanced Config". Click the "Advanced Config..." button. Click the "+" button to add a new line. In the first drop-down, select "Headphones. In the second, select "Vestax VCI-400". In the third, select "Output 5&6". Click "OK", then "OK" again to exit settings. I have mapped the headphone volume knob to the Master Volume knob directly above the "Shift" button. However, you must make sure the headphones' "Level" knob next to the headphone jack is turned up.

I have also mapped the crossfader, volume faders, tempo faders, EQ & gain knobs, browser encoder, and load/sync buttons.

To make it work:
-Download and unzip Generic MIDI mapping(VCI-400SE v1.0).zip
-Copy the Generic MIDI mapping(VCI-400SE).xml file to your "Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers" directory.
-Set both decks to "Jog FX" mode via the switches at the bottom of the device.
-That's it. Launch VDJ.

Changes since previous version:
-Removed Jog FX. Replaced with semi-standard beat-matching functionality.
-Added cue delete functionality
-Added headphone cue functionality

I fully welcome all comments/questions/suggestions. Also, I'm willing to help anyone map specific press effects to the Gratify grid.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy