first kinda real song in logic 9 pro and i need help =stuck=

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: first kinda real song in logic 9 pro and i need help =stuck=Reply
first kinda real song in logic 9 pro and i need help =stuck=
Posted on: 19.12.2012 by Guadalupe Eggins
im new here and into produce.... learned alot from the internet and video payed guides...
but im not new to music at all it was my dream to know to produce!
but i really need your help with:
*what my song is missing, how to end it well, add ons edits EQ,filters and stuff

and how u defint the song? i see it as progressive house
hope u like it and plz your help is needed thank u! :
https://soundcloud.com/elon-aloush/my-first-song-zoom
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by Zolo
did you use any midi keyboard bro?
Yes I have one and I used it but not in all the song
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by vpech013
that is definitely an improvement man - feels like a real song! keep at it!
thank you man!
im all the day with tutorials and learning slowly but good and this is the results...
thank u all...

i have some more songs that not finished yet..

but now ... when i have a song ready not talking about this how i can try to promote him?
youtube? soundcloud? whats the best way?

thanksss
Zulma Ramji
Originally Posted by elon91
hi im back with new song whats you believe?
https://soundcloud.com/elon-aloush/allouche-cyne
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by jshawpro
This is great advice! Especially for early works.

BUT .. you can also step away for a while and return with a fresh set of ears and outlook on your project. This really helps me solve problems that I'm up against. STEP AWAY.
Absolutely, if u wanna come back to it later and rework with what new info you've learned, it by all means.
Sheilah Kurzhal

BUT .. you can also step away for a while and return with a fresh set of ears and outlook on your project. This really helps me solve problems that I'm up against. STEP AWAY.

Originally Posted by grazz16
My original comments still stand.

Heres what you are going to do with this song: you said it's done, great, now file it away as a first attempt and move on to the next track. Do some more reading/watching tutorials and start writing the next song. Were you totally happy with how this song turned out? Odds are you prob werent, and you probably wont be happy with the next one either, but you'll be closer than this one. Thats the learning process. Practice makes perfect. Eventually you'll get to a point where things will just click.
Sheilah Kurzhal
Your sound right now, IMO opinion, is fine depending on your intent. I admit I haven't read the entire thread. But I did listen to your song.

It's very strong at points ... It's kind of like a wonderland, though. My mind will not remember much of your track because you're taking me so far out into your "wonderland". Humans are naturally curious ... if your sound is pleasant and not painful to listen to, we'll ride along with you ... until we've reached the threshold of "boring or monotonous". We may have made it through .. but will I ride again? Probably not.

Music that keeps me coming back for more has been strategized. Implemented musical concepts. Even with no words or samples .. you should strive to make your song SPEAK. If a sound doesn't really have a purpose in your mix ... why are you adding it?

We need portions of your song to tie in atleast emotionally to your title ... And if your elements are powerful enough ... people will want to experience it again. You're on track. Concept, Strategy, Create, Experiment, Share, FIX, SHARE, FIX, SHARE, FIX, happy, FIX, Happy.

I approve this message. Oh YEAH ... BREAK THE RULES, TOO!

this is the point... I'm not professional.
can u describe to details what i should do?

i know the drop need to be after the quiet part but apparently i dont know how to create drop
maybe i miss something? i took a course on logic but u know they dont teach u all the tricks.. or all the tips...

thanks
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by Zolo
Yes I have one and I used it but not in all the song
Shonna Trantow
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by vpech013
thank you man!
im all the day with tutorials and learning slowly but good and this is the results...
thank u all...

i have some more songs that not finished yet..

but now ... when i have a song ready not talking about this how i can try to promote him?
youtube? soundcloud? whats the best way?

thanksss
Zulma Ramji
Guadalupe Eggins
Guadalupe Eggins
thank you all it really helped me and ill take many things from each one of u guys...
i believe i step away, learn some more, and then... back to this or maybe try new things and stuff

ill keep in touch when i have something new!
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by jshawpro

Absolutely, if u wanna come back to it later and rework with what new info you've learned, it by all means.
Sheilah Kurzhal

Originally Posted by grazz16

Heres what you are going to do with this song: you said it's done, great, now file it away as a first attempt and move on to the next track. Do some more reading/watching tutorials and start writing the next song. Were you totally happy with how this song turned out? Odds are you prob werent, and you probably wont be happy with the next one either, but you'll be closer than this one. Thats the learning process. Practice makes perfect. Eventually you'll get to a point where things will just click.
Berta Baie

Sheilah Kurzhal
Your sound right now, IMO opinion, is fine depending on your intent. I admit I haven't read the entire thread. But I did listen to your song.

It's very strong at points ... It's kind of like a wonderland, though. My mind will not remember much of your track because you're taking me so far out into your "wonderland". Humans are naturally curious ... if your sound is pleasant and not painful to listen to, we'll ride along with you ... until we've reached the threshold of "boring or monotonous". We may have made it through .. but will I ride again? Probably not.

Music that keeps me coming back for more has been strategized. Implemented musical concepts. Even with no words or samples .. you should strive to make your song SPEAK. If a sound doesn't really have a purpose in your mix ... why are you adding it?

We need portions of your song to tie in atleast emotionally to your title ... And if your elements are powerful enough ... people will want to experience it again. You're on track. Concept, Strategy, Create, Experiment, Share, FIX, SHARE, FIX, SHARE, FIX, happy, FIX, Happy.

I approve this message. Oh YEAH ... BREAK THE RULES, TOO!

i know the drop need to be after the quiet part but apparently i dont know how to create drop
maybe i miss something? i took a course on logic but u know they dont teach u all the tricks.. or all the tips...

thanks
Chin Thoroughgood
READ, READ, and READ some more...
Getting feedback on community s such as this can be beneficial to get others to give you tips but they can't help you fix things that you don't understand. There is a TON of jargon when it comes to music and it can be difficult to understand exactly what someone is saying on the web. My best advice and the thing that helped me progress the most is read everything you can. Find books on your DAW, the manuals to your synths, books about wave physics, music theory, sound design, etc. and read them until you truly understand what it is you're manipulating when you twist a certain knob or slide a fader. It helped me immensely and during the process I don't know how many times I said "Holy crap you can do that?". There are tons of good resources out there but you wont truly progress until you start your homework. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has ever released a hit for their first track. Music takes time, don't rush it, music in general should be the goal not just pumping out a track. Immerse yourself in music and remember to keep it fun, you'd be amazed at how many good things can come when you just relax and experiment. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to make music, just do what you like and enjoy yourself. If you spend the time, work hard enough, and have a passion for what you do everything will come together. Hope this helps.
Tera Baragan

thanks
My biggest advice on making drops is just practice. The drop normally is heavier and rises in energy. Maybe glitched up more or whatnot.

Your overall melodies and such are nice tho, I just believe you should take some time listening to the drop of songs and take it from there. There are tons of different ways to make a drop. But its basically when the sound goes from bobbin to party rockin.

Im not sure how else to say it then that lol.

making your sounds more dynamic could be adding a pan and delay on some sounds. Maybe add some saturation and stuff. But that will come with time.
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by AllDay
My biggest thing is there is no drop. Just build and and falls. Also your sounds are lacking power, they sound kind of boring. Try some panning and delaying some sounds.

thanks
Tera Baragan
My biggest thing is there is no drop. Just build and and falls. Also your sounds are lacking power, they sound kind of boring. Try some panning and delaying some sounds.
Guadalupe Eggins
ok thank u all for your help heres the final version hope you all like it
and if not tell why :P

https://soundcloud.com/elon-aloush/elon-aloush-vortex
Berta Baie
ok, first things first, you need to learn proper song structure. Most house music is done in sections of 8 bars and 8 bar multiples i.e. 16, 24, 32, and 64 bar sections. Listen to your fav progressive house songs and see how they are put together. Mixing with Ableton really helped me with this as I break down every song into its major parts: usually its an intro, a main section, a breakdown, a peak, and an ending...or some combo of these parts.

Second, you need a better ear for melodies; what works and what doesn't. All those sounds in that peak section just do not work together at all.

Third, you need better drum samples, and/or you need to tweak them to sound bigger and fuller, eq. compression and the like. The drum pattern isn't boring per se, it just has no continuity. Again, listen to your fav house tracks and try and pick out the patterns.

Fourth, as Ham said, forget about the effects for now. That is pretty much the last thing i do before i mix the track. Get a good base first, then add effects later for some spice, but don't over do it.

Lots of other stuff but get past step 1 first, that is by far your biggest issue right now. Listen and break down your fav tracks and you'll get a way better understanding of what direction you need to be going in. Keep at it.
Cindie Somoza
The drums aren't boring at all, the arrangement is just off, the breakdown/build up for the last part is way too long. Then the mixed-drum pattern for the build up to the drop of the last bit is completely out of place, it needs to be either slower drums (the reason for this is the drums build up really quickly and then the drop is 'slow', as it's not a fast BPM song). Whatever you have before the drop, you could automate that, might sound alright.

You need to forget about FXs for now, you need to get yourself a better foundation and direction for the song, don't burry the core of the song in a bunch of FXs, it never sounds good. Instead of adding FXs in that last beat, take the piano/synth pattern and move the notes all down 3 or 4 and then repeat it.
Guadalupe Eggins
Originally Posted by Ham
Ok, I'll bite.... I'm going to make it as constructive as possible.

It feels a little too disconnected, it get's real loud around 0.13 second mark, my speakers started to sound distorted (and I know it wasn't the speakers). Their is no real direction in the song (at least to me) it has this really, really short bass/kick build up into, this anti-build up, into a very, very long breakdown (before anything has really happened). The build up for the last part of the song is very distracting and takes you out of it, completely. Try and use silence, echo, anything but the build up of kick/bass, and it might serve more effectively to have a small 1 beat break in between the build up and drop, to build suspense if you will, not long, but short enough that it doesn't just happen. All the lazer sounds are out of place, especially when they aren't placed repetitively, bar after bar, they're just random.

For a first track it's pretty good, I would just say work on your arrangements, build-ups and remember, less is more. Find 1 amazing sound instead of trying to cram 5 bad sounds together.
firs of all, thank u for your response and help!
now what u say i need to improve my drums? they kinda booring u right...
and make the beginning longer... and put some volume automation and EQ and stuff...
but i keep believeing what i can add not just edit this ill do in the end.

and im kinda stuck with my MOZA like idea how to connect the first part to the quiet part? and what to do in the end?

and i removed the lazer sounds ive added them because something is missing but what? i mean little cool effect where can i find or get or do them? have a guide or name for this stuff? FX like

thank u for your help much appreciated !
Cindie Somoza
Ok, I'll bite.... I'm going to make it as constructive as possible.

It feels a little too disconnected, it get's real loud around 0.13 second mark, my speakers started to sound distorted (and I know it wasn't the speakers). Their is no real direction in the song (at least to me) it has this really, really short bass/kick build up into, this anti-build up, into a very, very long breakdown (before anything has really happened). The build up for the last part of the song is very distracting and takes you out of it, completely. Try and use silence, echo, anything but the build up of kick/bass, and it might serve more effectively to have a small 1 beat break in between the build up and drop, to build suspense if you will, not long, but short enough that it doesn't just happen. All the lazer sounds are out of place, especially when they aren't placed repetitively, bar after bar, they're just random.

For a first track it's pretty good, I would just say work on your arrangements, build-ups and remember, less is more. Find 1 amazing sound instead of trying to cram 5 bad sounds together.
Guadalupe Eggins
Plz ? Anyone?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy