NI Massive VST Troubleshoot: Noob producer probably asking dumbass noob question

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: NI Massive VST Troubleshoot: Noob producer probably asking dumbass noob questionReply
NI Massive VST Troubleshoot: Noob producer probably asking dumbass noob question
Posted on: 03.04.2013 by Margo Jordin
Hey guys,

This is my first post, I have searched the community before asking these questions. I am new to producing and have been using NI Massive with Ableton Live 8 among other things. I took the time to read the manuals and try to get my head around as much as possible and am progressing at a snails pace as I want to learn and understand the various programs from the foundation up, but progressing none the less.

Massive and AL8 were working fine, then one day I was using my computer keyboard to test sounds, opened massive as a stand alone to create some new sounds, saved them, all good. When I went into ableton and opened massive as a VST, I would press a key and the sound was in a way higher pitch, and the bottom row of keys didn't produce any noise. Have I inadvertently pressed something or changed something for it to suddenly do this? How can I fix it, if I can at all?

I have a MIDI keyboard and when I use that everything works as it should, so it's not a big deal. It's mainly for times when I have my laptop and it's not convenient to to carry the keyboard around (catching trains, passenger in car, etc etc).
My computer is getting old and the processor isn't really equipped to handle these programs at their optimum capacity (new one coming soon). However, the computer keyboard used to work fine with massive VST, so I'm assuming the problem is me and I don't understand enough to know why or how to fix it.

I'm sure for the experienced people here this is an obvious and pretty basic thing to fix, so feel free to make me aware of how retarded I am, like I said I am a noob at this and am certain this will be a laughably noob question.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and apologies if this should have been posted in the Ableton sub thread.

Any clever witty flaming or insults will also be given their due credit.

Thank you for your time, if anyone actually makes it this far.
Margo Jordin
Hey guys,

This is my first post, I have searched the community before asking these questions. I am new to producing and have been using NI Massive with Ableton Live 8 among other things. I took the time to read the manuals and try to get my head around as much as possible and am progressing at a snails pace as I want to learn and understand the various programs from the foundation up, but progressing none the less.

Massive and AL8 were working fine, then one day I was using my computer keyboard to test sounds, opened massive as a stand alone to create some new sounds, saved them, all good. When I went into ableton and opened massive as a VST, I would press a key and the sound was in a way higher pitch, and the bottom row of keys didn't produce any noise. Have I inadvertently pressed something or changed something for it to suddenly do this? How can I fix it, if I can at all?

I have a MIDI keyboard and when I use that everything works as it should, so it's not a big deal. It's mainly for times when I have my laptop and it's not convenient to to carry the keyboard around (catching trains, passenger in car, etc etc).
My computer is getting old and the processor isn't really equipped to handle these programs at their optimum capacity (new one coming soon). However, the computer keyboard used to work fine with massive VST, so I'm assuming the problem is me and I don't understand enough to know why or how to fix it.

I'm sure for the experienced people here this is an obvious and pretty basic thing to fix, so feel free to make me aware of how retarded I am, like I said I am a noob at this and am certain this will be a laughably noob question.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and apologies if this should have been posted in the Ableton sub thread.

Any clever witty flaming or insults will also be given their due credit.

Thank you for your time, if anyone actually makes it this far.
Rodolfo Pouchie
use the piano roll instead of laptops keyboard, and see if the exact same note is reproduced the same way than from your midi keyboard
Carlee Pickard
Firstly awesome thread title haha. Secondly, it's not a dumbass question. The first thing i'd do if I were you is just re-install Massive. NI's shit tend to not work randomly (rarely though, but it happens) and to get it working normally again with the least amount of effort i'd definitely just re-install it. Just make sure you save your presets somewhere else too, just incase something random happens.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy