Drum Presence in ableton

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Drum Presence in abletonReply
Drum Presence in ableton
Posted on: 05.04.2013 by Abby Beeny
For some reason when ever I use any of my drum samples they aren't as load or don't cut through the synths, bass and whatever else in the song even when I EQ each drum separetly.
Georgina Schatzman
Originally Posted by Clilley13
ok. When I look at the drums they are always close to the peak where the bass and synths aren't even close to that loud but overpower them thats my main problem but I'll look into compression.
Sounds like you just need to learn how to do mixdowns in general. Not even leaving any headroom or space for the mix to breathe as a whole
Ervin Calvery
ok. When I look at the drums they are always close to the peak where the bass and synths aren't even close to that loud but overpower them thats my main problem but I'll look into compression.
Sidechain compression.
Ervin Calvery
Not yet I'll have to look in to that. Will that help?
Yes.
Abby Beeny
For some reason when ever I use any of my drum samples they aren't as load or don't cut through the synths, bass and whatever else in the song even when I EQ each drum separetly.
Monserrate Rupnow
Make sure you have Fades turned off for the clip in Live too, that will kill the initial transient. Here's something that might help with mixdowns too:

http://tarekith.com/assets/pdfs/Mixdowns.pdf
Georgina Schatzman
Sounds like you just need to learn how to do mixdowns in general. Not even leaving any headroom or space for the mix to breathe as a whole
Abby Beeny
Thanks again I'm checking out the Dubspot videos on sidechain compression and its describing to a t my problem and how to fix it. Thanks everybody!
Ervin Calvery
Sidechain compression.
Abby Beeny
Ervin Calvery
Yes.
Linda Chavda
Learn to mix
Nedra Fresneda
That, EQing, panning and regular compression are all tools to help you achieve it. Maybe your synths are way too loud in the mix, I would check that first.

Thread moved since this isn't an Ableton question but a music production one.
Abby Beeny
Ervin Calvery
Have you taken a look in to sidechain compression?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy