compressing kicks like DEADMU5

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: compressing kicks like DEADMU5Reply
compressing kicks like DEADMU5
Posted on: 18.04.2013 by Artie Waithe
ino Deadmau5 layers his kicks and carefully eq's them to sound like one but how does he compress them, like heavily etc
Artie Waithe
ino Deadmau5 layers his kicks and carefully eq's them to sound like one but how does he compress them, like heavily etc
Anh Pagliuco
He took a picture of his master channel, Im sure its on his instagram someplace. I'm pretty sure its over 15k.

Just be creative and layer kicks at different frequencies/volumes.
Peggie Mineros
I read several years back that he layers several, resamples them, then takes two of the same sample, and phases one of them 90 or 180 degrees out of phase (can't remember for sure) and layers them again. I seem to believe he must pan one left and one right, but the idea is that it makes speakers push, and pull the cone back at the same time. Apparently it sound's like a subwoffer thumping in a vacuum when he plays live.
Daniell Tortora
Like most mixing questions, this doesn't have a consistent answer, do you have a specific sound you'd want us to listen to? Different kicks need different amounts of compression, just like different instruments or synths need different EQing to fix into the mix.

His kicks don't sound good just because his kicks sound good, his kicks sound good because everything is fitted together very well, and everything has a place in the mix.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy