Ableton library location

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Ableton library locationReply
Ableton library location
Posted on: 23.04.2013 by Yevette Matatall
Looking for advice on setting up ableton. I have live 9 suit installed but have not yet uploaded the library. I dont have a good internet connection atm so I didnt download my sample library from 9 upgrade, what I do have is the CD's from my live 8 suit pack.

Question, I have a new macbook pro with 500GB storage, of that 500GB around 270GB is remaining. Should I store my library on to my lacie USB3 external hardrive or my internal drive?
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by narrah
Looking for advice on setting up ableton. I have live 9 suit installed but have not yet uploaded the library. I dont have a good internet connection atm so I didnt download my sample library from 9 upgrade, what I do have is the CD's from my live 8 suit pack.

Question, I have a new macbook pro with 500GB storage, of that 500GB around 270GB is remaining. Should I store my library on to my lacie USB3 external hardrive or my internal drive?
I try to keep all my samples (from Suite 8 and 9, Komplete 9 Ultimate, all the Heavyocity stuff, all the Soniccouture stuff, Maschine and all the expansions, etc, etc) and even a big part of my track collection on my internal SSD. I highly reccomend it. Missing samples and tracks are a huge bummer.
Yevette Matatall

Monserrate Rupnow
Definitely on the internal, especially if you have SSD with enough space, they load sooo much faster. And it would suck to take your laptop somewhere and realize you can't work on a song because all the sounds are back at home.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by narrah

I try to keep all my samples (from Suite 8 and 9, Komplete 9 Ultimate, all the Heavyocity stuff, all the Soniccouture stuff, Maschine and all the expansions, etc, etc) and even a big part of my track collection on my internal SSD. I highly reccomend it. Missing samples and tracks are a huge bummer.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy