Set with live sax - Tips needed!

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Set with live sax - Tips needed!Reply
Set with live sax - Tips needed!
Posted on: 25.04.2013 by Trula Willadsen
Hi guys,

I'm playing a couple of gigs this weekend with a live sax besides me. I'm pretty happy with the ways things are going but I'm wondering if you guys might have some pointers for me to fill out gaps --> i.e. do I need to put more reverd or echo on the sax, are there other good sounding fx that I can use?

Basis is Traktor Pro 2.6 with the sax hooked up into an Aux In in my controller.

Here is the link to my short demo, the sax starts at around the 2 minute mark:
https://soundcloud.com/stef-kuijpers/demoset-joost-koster-live-sax
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by Student
Thanks, appreciate it!

the triple dots make me believe you're slightly sarcastic, but if not, I will def add some more reverb! Thanks

Is the volume/eq of the sax in order? Do I need to take out a little bass or should it be more loud, more dominant compared to the house music? Questions questions..
I'm NOT sarcastic at all, it's a great mix

Volume , well i'd take down the thing a bit, because sax can become overpowering at times,
Maybe take some hints from this , even tho it's trumpet
Trula Willadsen
Originally Posted by papo
sounds pretty damn good to me. diggin' it
Thanks, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Polygon
Whoa.. It already sounds GREAT like this, no need to add anything, well maybe just a hint of reverb...
the triple dots make me believe you're slightly sarcastic, but if not, I will def add some more reverb! Thanks

Is the volume/eq of the sax in order? Do I need to take out a little bass or should it be more loud, more dominant compared to the house music? Questions questions..
Trula Willadsen
Hi guys,

I'm playing a couple of gigs this weekend with a live sax besides me. I'm pretty happy with the ways things are going but I'm wondering if you guys might have some pointers for me to fill out gaps --> i.e. do I need to put more reverd or echo on the sax, are there other good sounding fx that I can use?

Basis is Traktor Pro 2.6 with the sax hooked up into an Aux In in my controller.

Here is the link to my short demo, the sax starts at around the 2 minute mark:
https://soundcloud.com/stef-kuijpers/demoset-joost-koster-live-sax
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by Student
Thanks, appreciate it!

I'm NOT sarcastic at all, it's a great mix

Volume , well i'd take down the thing a bit, because sax can become overpowering at times,
Maybe take some hints from this , even tho it's trumpet
Trula Willadsen
Originally Posted by papo
Thanks, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Polygon
Whoa.. It already sounds GREAT like this, no need to add anything, well maybe just a hint of reverb...

Dannie Dimora
Albertina Fay

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy