A good pair of Studio Monitors?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: A good pair of Studio Monitors?Reply
A good pair of Studio Monitors?
Posted on: 03.04.2013 by Catherina Keplar
Hi there,

I have been mixing/mastering with my studio monitor speakers and now am willing to purchace a pair of studio monitor headphones?

My Question is: What brand and typer would you suggest to purchase? Budget $100-$200 AUD

Thanks
Anh Pagliuco
Originally Posted by Dadblast
Get BX8a's. I got a pair of them from Guitar Center for $200
They are back on sale for 399$ new at GC.

I suggest them HEAVILY!
Toya Spor
Originally Posted by R01
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Easily the cleanest reference headphones I've ever used. Highly recommended by most of my professional engineering buddies.
Fits right inside your budget.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT990Pro/

(I don't recommend mixing on headphones though, best used as a reference check).
Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent. I use the DT880 32ohm. Cost me 300 at the time, but well worth it.
Tomeka Sageman
Originally Posted by JasonBay
This. Yes. I Agree. 100%. The K240's are as good as they come, and they are a steal for what they are listed at.
I agree to, have those also!
Georgina Schatzman
Originally Posted by Ham
Studio Headphones, I would recommend AKG K240 MKII Pro, I have a pair, they're great and they're $179.00 from SoundCorp (an Australian company).
This. Yes. I Agree. 100%. The K240's are as good as they come, and they are a steal for what they are listed at.
Catherina Keplar
Hi there,

I have been mixing/mastering with my studio monitor speakers and now am willing to purchace a pair of studio monitor headphones?

My Question is: What brand and typer would you suggest to purchase? Budget $100-$200 AUD

Thanks
Christopher Schwinghamer
Only ever tried the AKG's but I love them. Fidelity is sweet. Only issue is that you need to be careful not to break the connector between the cans and the band.
Anh Pagliuco
Originally Posted by Dadblast
Get BX8a's. I got a pair of them from Guitar Center for $200
They are back on sale for 399$ new at GC.

I suggest them HEAVILY!
Meagan Kovatch
Get BX8a's. I got a pair of them from Guitar Center for $200 three or four years ago during a sale and they are still incredible. They actually got run over by a jeep repeatedly last weekend after a show I did where I used them as monitors. I asked a friend to put them in his car and instead he just put them next to it. It was dark and I assumed he had done what I told him so I just got in the car and didn't believe anything of it. We had definitely run over both speakers multiple times before inferring that we weren't just dealing with a "really rocky driveway". The front paneling is crack on one of them and they are covered in mud, but the sound quality is still great.
Toya Spor
Originally Posted by R01
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Easily the cleanest reference headphones I've ever used. Highly recommended by most of my professional engineering buddies.

(I don't recommend mixing on headphones though, best used as a reference check).
Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent. I use the DT880 32ohm. Cost me 300 at the time, but well worth it.
Libbie Deutchman
I'm dumb and didn't read OP well enough. Never mind me.
Warner Rotberg
The 990s are 20 years old or something.

As Liam1985 said, the Audio Technica ATH-50s.
Tomeka Sageman
Agree, the 990's and the AKG 240 are my favorites, one is closed the other open, i should try both of hem and see witch one you like best, the 990 has more bass imo
Tomeka Sageman
I have the AKG's also there real good, you should also listen to the BD's because they are both different but both real good and the 2 best available in that pricerange imo
Cindie Somoza
I wish their was a place to check out all of these headphones, I'd like to have a look at some 990s, the frequency range is ridiculous.
Georgina Schatzman
Have a pair of 990's myself, best part about them is there is no ear fatigue
Trey Brune
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Tomeka Sageman
Originally Posted by JasonBay
I agree to, have those also!
Georgina Schatzman
Originally Posted by Ham
Studio Headphones, I would recommend AKG K240 MKII Pro, I have a pair, they're great and they're $179.00 from SoundCorp (an Australian company).
Cindie Somoza
Arline Receveur
You've confused me with if you want reference headphones or actual studio monitors? None the less i'll give you 2 of my recommendations for what I might add small budget (dont take offence to that).

Headphones: https://www.storedj.com.au/products/...FQhjpQoduVUAIQ
I promise you that you won't find better headphones in your budget range for studio referencing headphones aswell. I own myself a pair and use them for both djing and studio use. I will never buy another pair of headphones after using these and highly swear by these. I'm sure if you google or ask a few member here they will tell you the same.

Studio Monitors: https://www.storedj.com.au/products/ALE-520M1USB
They are a little over your budget but to be honest you arnt going to get really anything in the range of $100-$200 for studio monitors. I've heard good things about these for a budgeters range and you wont really beat the specs you get vs the price of them. They have a good frequency range and seem to be built pretty well.

Good luck mate!

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy